• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

DocDelicious

UPS Chiver
    Would like some feedback on backstory I created for my character. Trying to keep it accurate to the lore. Didn't want to go overboard with the story and throw in a bunch of the normal cliches (parents weren't killed in some horrible way and now I'm out for vengeance. Wasn't raised by anything crazy. So on and so forth). He's just another guy that became awesome by chance. Anyway...thanks for your opinions/info in advance.

Roque
    Bosmer - Hunter/Healer

His father (Bosmer) instructed him in the use of a bow from a very early age (about 20 years as was custom in his father's clan). He was also trained to wield a two-handed blade; which was a style his father learned from a fellow soldier during his time spent as mercenary in the Camoran Usurper's armies.
    His mother (Bosmer), who was the daughter of her clan's healer, taught him how cast a few minor healing and protective spells. Although he has developed his talents further since her death.
    He is a strict follower of "The Green Pact" which means he cannot harm plant life in any way. Only uses wood and herbs etc. that were harvested by others and then bought. Will not craft wooden weapons.
    Like the majority of the Bosmer he is a cannibal and believes that every piece of a slain animal or enemy *must* be used.
    Stays away from large towns except when summoned or temporarily for trade purposes but always leaves before nightfall.
    Hates Khajiit (as well as most other races although there are a few individual exceptions), and blames the entire race for the death of his mother believing them all to be dirty, lying Sugar Tooths.

Timeline:

2E 568 - Father is born in Valenwood.
    2E 613 - Mother is born, also in Valenwood.
    3E 249 - Mother and father meet during the Invasion of the Camoran Usurper. Details unknown. What he knows his mother told him. Father never spoke of his past. He believes that his father betrayed his clan to save his own life and enlisted as a mercenary in the Usurper's army and later met his mother. At which point he deserted and hid with her somewhere in Valenwood.
    3E 396 - One year after the the start of the Five Year War his parents flee into Cyrodiil.
    3E 404 - Roque is born.
    3E 404-433 - Parents migrate into Skyrim.
    3E 433 - Mother is killed by a Khajiit who had, supposedly, done too much Moon Sugar and wandered into the woods around the area his family camped. They were found by his father and, in a violent outburst, his father killed the Khajiit and used his coat to fashion a short cloak he wore for the rest of his life.
    3E 433-4E 150 - Roque and his father continue his training and make a living hunting and selling hides etc.
    4E 150 - Father dies at the age of 912.
    4E 150-201 - Continued hunting and trading.
    4E 201 - Roque is capture by the Empire and falsely sentenced to death.

EddieA96

Absolutely fantastic man! Really enjoyed reading this post I appreciate the amount of effort put into this article. Really like the timeline near the end of the story really gives the feel of the Lore being intertwined into your characters story, I like the way it is a very different character from what of a normal and slightly typical nordic warrior. Here you find a rare secluded wood elf who appears to be in touch with his emotions and had a strong relationship with his father. It's as if during a playthrough his father will be watching down on him and being his mentor through his life.
    Well done, I too like the lore of the elder scrolls and find it very interesting. Also loved the way you ended the timeline, gave me a sort of da ja vue! The only thing you didn't include and I would have loved to see would be the description of appearance for your character. :) Thank you, Eddie