PC extreme challenge playthrough: Pure & True Khajiit Outcast Build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

boon23

My new playthrough:
This is the adventure of Darsho, a pure & true Khajiit. He will explore and discover Skyrim like no Khajiit has ever done before him. Bold and cunning are strange words to him, as is close combat, because only a stupid cat would do that, if they can sneak up, shoot a poisonous arrow from a distance and backstab the enemy. It does seem like a good idea, when you have no armor to protect you and no weapons to impress your foes.

This is the Vanilla Anniversary Edition of Skyrim. There are NO MODS installed. The skills to put perk points in: Alchemy, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Archery, Sneak, One-Handed The rules in short: Survival mode with a meat a fish diet, never go to jail or pay a regular bounty, no riding of animals, outcast (except Whiterun) Further rules: no cheating, no exploits, what happens happens (avoid reloads) The backstory and explanation: Darsho is an escaped Khajiit slave, who has fled from Tel Aruhn. Crossing the border to Skyrim got him arrested by the Imperials. Khajiit have a tough time in Skyrim. They face the harshest of all racial prejudices. They are considered thieves, smugglers and untrustworthy, resulting in not being allowed into any of the cities or towns. Guards will attack them, if they try. In the game we will achieve that by attacking guards to get a bounty. Because of the dragon event Darsho is welcome in Whiterun. He is not allowed to sleep in inns though (he is considered dirty and too hairy). If he can make it into a town, vendors will not trade with him, only fences, thieves guild merchants and Orcs, once he has become a friend with them. If he could acquire a Thane title in a hold, this would change. If the town is under the influence of the thieves guild (like Riften and Raven Rock) and he is a part of that, he can move their freely by paying a part of the bounty to a guard. Khajiit eat meat (and fish). Therefore everything Darsho eats must contain one or the other. No apples. No bread. No vegetables. As a Khajiit Darsho is limited to put perk points only into his Khajiit skills. He can learn everything else (except magic excluding enchanting), but will never achieve any great ability. This is a new thing I want to try to open the game up a bit more, to have limitations but not a strict ban on using items or learning stuff. He will never learn spells, but he can use scrolls and staves. Khajiit are considered beasts or even animals by many, which changes their attitude towards other beasts and animals. That's why Darsho will never ride a living horse, not even a unicorn or reindeer. His mission is to become the first and only accepted Khajiit in all of Skyrim.

And after all this introduction:
Please comment after watching. I would love to discuss your ideas, suggestions, impressions.

Pete

In the first video, running into the water to fight a no-go for me. I would rely on poisons archery then dual wield -- maybe. Also, no armor except the minimal fur armor.

I like using rules. My vampires can only conjure undead...

boon23

It's Embershard Mine though. First dungeon. On legendary difficulty sneak archery with a low level character is really hard and I would have probably run out of arrows before finishing. Poinsons are not available. Basically this was just strategy to level up one-handed and a little bit of sneak.

Blackthorn

I've only recently started playing Skyrim and joined this forum.

I've been watching mayorslackattacks all guards are hostile and enjoying it. I started watching this series and just finished episode 3, good start enjoying it so far.

boon23

I am so happy that you do. And let me tell you a little story as I am a huge majorslack fan, well, as long as he plays skyrim that is, I don't really care about Elden Ring unfortunately.
I had planned out my Khajiit build before MS published his first video "all guards hostile" and I was a bit shocked. The similarities. Am I just copying him? Do I have to do something else now? But then I realized that my build was quite different to his one. Yes, my guards are also hostile, but my character is able to change that. In fact, my build is an entirely different challenge IMHO. True to the Khajiit. So I released my build without feeling bad about it at all.

Blackthorn

I'm currently on episode 22, there's been a few surprises watching this play through and I'm enjoying it for the most part.

The dwarven horse is a game change, I must find it.

I never see you use the khajiit see in the dark ability or have I just missed that?

boon23

It is true. I NEVER use the Khajiit see in the dark ability. I find it blurry and confusing, never got used to it. So for the videos' sake I am using special filters for better visibility in dark areas.
Playing the game, I am dealing with darkness as if I was no Khajiit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts