ESO PC players, let's talk addons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lucid

What addons do you use? What do you consider essential, vs. just convenient? I actually forget how "reliant" I am on addons until I see screenshots of someone using the vanilla ui. Like I do with all modded games, I may have gone a little overboard...

I consider the following addons important or essential to my ESO experience
  • Codex- I consider this essential for pvp and have been using it since launch.
  • CyrHUD -on-screen notification of siege and attacks on keeps and resources. Don't pvp without it, seriously
  • DataDaedra and ddShopkeeper - I know many people use MasterMerchant now instead, but I still prefer Deome's suite. One or the other is essential to pricing and managing guild store sales and traffic.
  • Foundry Tactical Combat - Essential. If FTC were to go away I don't know if I would continue to play the game. This is so far beyond just a ui enhancement...the buff and debuff trackers for self and others, the combat log, dps and hps stats, more things than I can even think of that help me be a competitive end game player in pve and pvp alike
  • Greymind Quickslot Bar - allows quickslotted items to be keybound. Don't make me go back to that stupid wheel, I won't do it.
  • Wykkyd's Suite - Another set of utilities that I would probably quit the game if they went away. I consider the following to be core components, I also use Wykkyd mail and enhanced chat, but don't consider them as essential as those linked below:
  • ZAM Notebook - Really simple functionality that has greatly improved gameplay for me. It allows for custom, private notes and journal entries that can be saved and edited at will, and can be shared by all of your characters. A great way to make lists, note things you want to remember, or come back to, or anything at all.

I also use the following convenience addons, which have made things much faster and easier, not essential imo. Some could certainly be considered immersion breaking, and not great for anybody that wants to enjoy the journey through their quests and adventures:
  • Craft Research Timer - This is merely a convenience item, but is soooo useful when leveling a crafter
  • Lorebooks - Marks lorebook locations on your map, for leveling up Mage's Guild. I didn't use this for my first character because I preferred to explore. My subsequent toon leveling has not been immersion based, and this addon makes it easier.
  • Lost Treasure - Marks an "X" on the world map for all treasure and survey maps in your inventory. Strictly a convenience item, but has saved me literally hours (maybe days) of time
  • MiniMap - Some people consider a minimap essential, and it was part of the vanilla ui in beta. My ui is very busy, but this is the only thing that I find distracting. Sometimes I inactivate it completely, but I can't deny that it's useful.
  • Public Dungeon Champions - Marks the public boss locations on your map. I didn't use this until I needed to go back to hunt down achievements. Very convenient.
  • Skyshards - Marks skyshards on your map. Like lorebooks, I didn't want this for my first character, but has been very useful for additional toons.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
They all seem pretty handy, is there a way to use them on PS4?

Lucid

They all seem pretty handy, is there a way to use them on PS4?

Unfortunately, console users are stuck with the vanilla ui. My heart breaks for you a little. :sadface:

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

JoeReese

I'm using lorebooks, now...was a late starter, but as soon as I got it, my Mage's guild line was at 10 (meteorrrrr) in less than two hours. :D

I also use

Skyshards - puts skyshard locations on the map and defines whether they're in world or in a delve or dungeon.
Crafting Stations - puts set forges on the map, with a pale green logo, and displays the set attributes on hover.
Craftstore - Amazing add-on, which keeps track of all my research in an easy to read grid, counts down current research, flags traited items that I need, lists my known motifs. It keeps a list of craftable sets, with attributes, and can teleport you to the nearest wayshrine to the set forge. It also keeps crafting writ quests visible, while you're at the forge, so there's no more trying to remember what you had to craft.
Advanced Filters - subdivides the inventory into more categories, so I can sell or store only woodworking materials, only food, only alchemy ingredients, etc.

Finally, Master Merchant, which is a huge, but immensely useful pricing tool for guild sales.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts