• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I seldom use enchanting, so I have not paid too much attention to the overall process. However, I am not sure whether this should really be classed with other forms of Magic. It seems to me that none of your own magic is use when Enchanting, but rather the content of the Soul Gem. In other forms of Magic, casting a spell reduced your useable pool of Magic, and you can drain it completely. In enchanting, as long as you have a supply of Soul Gems and items to Enchant, there doesn't seem to be any limitation.
Is the quality/strength of the enchantment dependent on both your total Magic ranking and your Enchanting level, or only the latter?

Adam Warlock

Enchanting skill level , Soul Gem used , Perks in Enchanting tree , Destruction magic Augment perks , and Fortify Enchanting potions all affect your enchantment`s power.
You can also get a buff from the Necromage Restoration perk if you are a vampire.

Enchanting skill level , Soul Gem used , Perks in Enchanting tree , Destruction magic Augment perks , and Fortify Enchanting potions all affect your enchantment`s power.
You can also get a buff from the Necromage Restoration perk if you are a vampire.
But your level of Magic is irrelevant? Whether you have 100 or 300, the Enchantments are the same? If so, then it doesn't really seem to belong in the Magic class.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
No, your magicka pool doesn't affect enchanting in any way. But what's enchanting if not magic? It's not exactly a stealth or warrior skill either.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Think of it this way; you can trap souls using a spell and store them into a soul gem. By using an enchanting table, you are extracting the soul out of the gem and using it to enhance clothing, armor and weapons with magical properties. If that's not magical in some way, then I have no idea what is.

Morgan

But your level of Magic is irrelevant? Whether you have 100 or 300, the Enchantments are the same? If so, then it doesn't really seem to belong in the Magic class.

If that's your logic then nothing at all belongs in the Stealth category. Your health pool has no effect on using a single one of those skills. Also magicka pool doesn't effect any of the magic skills, except to the extent necessary to cast the spell. But as long as you can cover the casting cost, the spell is exactly as effective whether you only clear it by one or 500.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I fail to see the logic in your conclusion. First of all it's not magic it's magicka. The two aren't even remotely equivalent terms. Magicka is just one aspect of magic in the game. Whether anything consumes magicka or not isn't definitive as to whether it's magic unless you consider enchanted weapons and armor non-magical, and if you believe that then you're using a different lexicon than the overwhelming super-majority of people.

ShadowGambit

If we take your idea, Smithing doesn't belong to the warrior class, as it didn't use Stamina nor Health.

Also, Stealth skills do not go under any attributes either.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts