Elven Armor.. I like it, I wear it, but....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Man if I don't look like some version of an SWAT team Big Bird reject from Sesame Street.

I like the Light Armor and am working to get the perks of 25% more for all light armor and the perk where light armor weighs nothing, but it is ugly as crap.

It helps my character's self esteem if he looks better. You never know when you will run into the Skyrim Fashion Police.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Elven armor looks awful on male characters. It makes it look like they have baby birthing hips.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
It looks awful on everyone, imo. So does glass. GO, GO POWER RANGERS.

ambiiientz

i'm in the minority... i like elven, only on my female builds... no elven or glass on my male builds

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Glass looks good on both males and females if the character is the traditional 'hero' type. Ya know, a goody goody. And Elven looks alright on the women, but horrible on men. Then again...it is Elven armor.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Glass armor looks good on Argonians, I think. Not much looks good on the lizard-folk, but glass does.

The bright yellow and red of Elven armor always reminds me of Ronald McDonald. Like McDonald's battle-gear when he rides off with his follower Grimace to raid the lair of the Hamburglar

Akim

Tried to give glass a go, but, yeah, didn't really fit my assassin image. Not sure why.... :p So, I run around in full Ancient Shrouded Armor, realizing that, yeah I could be running around with quite abit more armor rating, but not look nearly as bad ass. Plus, I love seeing my hooded face in kill cams. I'm sexy.

Wore nothing but glass in Morrowind. That plops was the tits.
MorrowindGlassArmor.jpg

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Elven armor doesn't even look that good on the elves. However the hooded Thalmor robes look pretty damn good on anyone. The only problem is they have such a lousy enchantment and I'm yet to find an unenchanted one that I can enchant myself, so I can wonder Skyrim looking like a Thalmor BOSS!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Agreed.... it's why I usually just smith/enchant the crap out of Fur/Forsworn/Leather stuff and typically use a circlet/jagged crown for a helm (i typically play females).

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I disagree. On (non-crazy muscular) High elves, it looks quite respectable. But on anyhting else...... No. Maybe a Bosmer?
But yes anything else makes it look rather silly.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
That's why they made a lot of non craft able unique armor as light armor. Stormcloak officer armor looks sweet, and we all know about nightengale... But I really like penitus occulatus for the imperials out there. And shrouded is pretty neat

Am I the only one who likes the look of glass armor? :sadface:

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I'm sure there's some correlation between light armour builds and the intention to fly. They all look so... feathery.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
Am I the only one who likes the look of glass armor? :sadface:

No. I love it too. I spent the first few hours of my last game getting my smithing up high enough right away so I could make glass armour. It's so hot.

ShadowGambit

For those who have a PC, the Black version of teh Elven armor is WAYYYYY much better.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
It's made by Elves, what do you expect. Go for some good ole` Nord armor

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Meh, I think Glass armor is pretty fugly too. It makes my character look weirdly bulky and their neck disappears.

TwintailHellcat

The Kasha of Old Hell
To be fair it's made out of a gemstone and is only called glass b/c of its glossy appearance. :3
If you're on PC I recommend the mod Nordic Hunter Light Armor. If you level your smithing, improving it as you go it as armor rating higher than improved Glass. Not sure past that - that character was forcibly retired. It looks pretty great. Or you can go for the whole she-bang and d/l Immersive Armors.

Technically glass would be last choice for armor in real life, no matter what the fashion dictated.

I do like the look of Ebony armor, but it is a heavy armor and my character is performing best with light armor.