ELDERSCROLL ONLINE!!! VIDEO!!! MMORPG!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I was definitly one that was not so excited about this, but Now I'm actually impressed.

This video is good, but I have also heard alot more about the game recently. The Dev's had a preview with Podcasters and Popular Gamer's last week and alot of Good Info came out last week.

It really does seem like they are desperately trying to bring alot of The Great Things about The Elder Scrolls to this game. I love that combat system is a mouse 'Click and strike" system like TES. I've heard some guys that played it say "They totally forgot they were playing ESO and thought they were playing Skyrim again". I also didn't like any sort of "Skill Bar", but I've found out that it is only 5 quick key buttons that are really small, and you can't put 150 on your interface like WoW. I think that is a Great Way to go.

...I am still weary of MMO's though. (Well Maybe I should say "Freakin Sick of them") Playing in a Game world with "Just Any body" is way over rated to me. In WoW I was in a Raid Group that was 2nd in progression on my Server (of course we were a 10 man, but we were still 2nd overall), and although we had alot of friends, we had just as many enemies simply because of that. OMG it was so dumb lol. Random People harrassing you just because you had a diffrent color of pixelated gear than they had. BUT It seems that the "Mega Server" will stop alot of the people you don't want to run into. You can choose your player type. You can Select, "No Kids, Roleplayers, High Raiding, etc". Instead of trying a new Server out just to find that it's not what you thought it would be. Another "Thumbs Up" from me.

I still wonder about the "Dungeon Crawl" aspect of this game though. There will always be the "Go, Go, Go guy" (lovely lil WoWcrendor Ref there for ya :D ) when the Most Awesome thing about a Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind dungeon crawl is really looking around, and biding your time.

Ok, I'm rambling.....but there is One thing I hope this game does and I might actually give it a try even though it's an MMO.....is to have NO MODS ALLOWED. I hope that players using Add-Ons is a Big Fat Ban Hammer. All Addons did for WoW is to Ruin it, and create the constant forum cryer saying "Hey I'm Such a Great gamer that these raids are too Easy for me....eer no I havent finished heroic..But Still!!!"

On top of that, the one thing that would sell me the most is if the Mega Server Selection thing has an Op to : " Only Play with SkyrimFourms.org Posters" :D

(...I wonder how long it will take the Lowest Common Demoninator WoW Player to start screaming about the play style of this game)

TheRealJaja

I was definitly one that was not so excited about this, but Now I'm actually impressed.

This video is good, but I have also heard alot more about the game recently. The Dev's had a preview with Podcasters and Popular Gamer's last week and alot of Good Info came out last week.

It really does seem like they are desperately trying to bring alot of The Great Things about The Elder Scrolls to this game. I love that combat system is a mouse 'Click and strike" system like TES. I've heard some guys that played it say "They totally forgot they were playing ESO and thought they were playing Skyrim again". I also didn't like any sort of "Skill Bar", but I've found out that it is only 5 quick key buttons that are really small, and you can't put 150 on your interface like WoW. I think that is a Great Way to go.

...I am still weary of MMO's though. (Well Maybe I should say "Freakin Sick of them") Playing in a Game world with "Just Any body" is way over rated to me. In WoW I was in a Raid Group that was 2nd in progression on my Server (of course we were a 10 man, but we were still 2nd overall), and although we had alot of friends, we had just as many enemies simply because of that. OMG it was so dumb lol. Random People harrassing you just because you had a diffrent color of pixelated gear than they had. BUT It seems that the "Mega Server" will stop alot of the people you don't want to run into. You can choose your player type. You can Select, "No Kids, Roleplayers, High Raiding, etc". Instead of trying a new Server out just to find that it's not what you thought it would be. Another "Thumbs Up" from me.

I still wonder about the "Dungeon Crawl" aspect of this game though. There will always be the "Go, Go, Go guy" (lovely lil WoWcrendor Ref there for ya :D ) when the Most Awesome thing about a Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind dungeon crawl is really looking around, and biding your time.

Ok, I'm rambling.....but there is One thing I hope this game does and I might actually give it a try even though it's an MMO.....is to have NO MODS ALLOWED. I hope that players using Add-Ons is a Big Fat Ban Hammer. All Addons did for WoW is to Ruin it, and create the constant forum cryer saying "Hey I'm Such a Great gamer that these raids are too Easy for me....eer no I havent finished heroic..But Still!!!"

On top of that, the one thing that would sell me the most is if the Mega Server Selection thing has an Op to : " Only Play with SkyrimFourms.org Posters" :D

(...I wonder how long it will take the Lowest Common Demoninator WoW Player to start screaming about the play style of this game)

Holy jesus you really covered this well. I really agree with you in some points and some I can say eh. I can definetly agree saying that I am too tired of FAIL MMO's. I dont want to over hype a game and then it comes out.. and its a fail. (GW2) Just looking for something fun to play that isnt going to make a hole in my pocket.

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
when i first heard of this back in october i wasnt impressed i had my doubts. but the video has definetly given me some new insight. Im curious to see how they will seperate themselves from Guild Wars and World of Warcraft and all that. If i had a suggestion it would be to dull it down with the colors and flashy animation. we dont want this ( or i dont want this ) to turn into WoW or something else of that caliber, keep it Elder Scrolls with long ranging color pallets and combat more about the fighting than the explosions. anyway who gives a pl*ps about what i want, Happy Birthday TES5 Skyrim!

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Wow, I'm a really shy person and as such, I'm not a fan of MMO's, but this looks so good I might actually try it. I wonder if people will be able to start up their own private servers, wouldn't mind playing with close friends, or even with you guys.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Wow, I'm a really shy person and as such, I'm not a fan of MMO's, but this looks so good I might actually try it. I wonder if people will be able to start up their own private servers, wouldn't mind playing with close friends, or even with you guys.

Same here. Would be awesome to play with some of you guys.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

I swear, if this game has a no kids and only Skyrimforums posters options, I'm buying it on release day.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I've been yes - no - yes - no since it was announced. But the video convinced me yes- yes and thrice times yes.

The decision now is guild/group or not. I think a fairly relaxed group is what I need, I like the social element but can't commit to the requirements of some guilds any more. Life keeps getting in the way of gaming now I'm all growed up.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I've been yes - no - yes - no since it was announced. But the video convinced me yes- yes and thrice times yes.

The decision now is guild/group or not. I think a fairly relaxed group is what I need, I like the social element but can't commit to the requirements of some guilds any more. Life keeps getting in the way of gaming now I'm all growed up.

That would be me ;)

EDIT: Ew, did I just type a smiley? That's gross. Forget I did that.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
gonna get without a doubt..torn between Orcs and Argonians though :sadface:

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
*slowpoke*

Torok

I wonder if we'll have a chat window sort of thing to talk to people? Would be nice. We could REALLY RP that way.

Or more importantly can we play with a controller, I can't play with a mouse and keyboard to save my life.

Gandalf The Boss

Or more importantly can we play with a controller, I can't play with a mouse and keyboard to save my life.

I do not think in a million years that there will be an big MMO that will support a controller. :sadface:
You have to have a lot of buttons to be able to play. How will you have a hotbar on the controller?
:confused:

Torok

They dont hotbar a controller.

Gandalf The Boss

That is what I am saying...

lordeisenburgh

Lord Gottfried Eisenburgh
I remember many discussions like this one...rift, swtor, warhammer online, etc...lol your guys money...most will play it for a week or 2, but there will be some with the "it will get better" mentality.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts