Elder Scrolls Online: What Faction Will You Be?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I'd probably go for Aldmeri Dominion; they don't seem to be quite as vicious as the Thalmor.
Too bad Bretons are part of the group I'm least interested in.

Thats because the Thalmor are a part of the Third Aldmeri Dominion

In TESO there is the first Aldmeri Dominion

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Thats because the Thalmor are a part of the Third Aldmeri Dominion

In TESO there is the first Aldmeri Dominion
I know. I just notice that the first dominion is nicer as it isn't trying to stamp out memories of their perceived humiliation at the hands of Talos like the Thalmor are.

Hello fellow Elder Scrolls fanatics! As most of you know, in late 2013 the new MMO Elder Scrolls Online will be coming out!
In this game, you will play simply as a normal Elder Scrolls game, rich with quests and customization options. And what makes the game even better is the fact that three factions will be fighting for control of Cyrodiil!!! And it's freaking multiplayer!!

The game will be divided into three factions:
1) Ebonheart Pact: focused on defending their homeland and way of life. Playable races will be Nords, Dark Elves, and Argonians.
2) Aldmeri Dominion: focused on world domination. Playable races are High Elves, Wood Elves, and Khajiit.
3) Daggerfall Covenant: focused on creating a democracy. Playable races are Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs.

So which faction and character will you play as? I'd love to hear your opinions!

I'm going to be in the Ebonheart Pact, and will play a Nord.

Jazminions

I'm the Dragonborn and I just don't know it yet
Daggerfall Covenant fo' sho'! I'll always be a Breton.

Robbie

Wraith
Seeing how I'm always evil. What ever side is the darkest I'll align myself with.

Mookie

I think the way they divided "races" into factions is stupid :/
Nords, dark elves and Argonians together o_O?
It should be Men, Beasts and Elves. Simple as that.

Rimfaxe96

I'm stuck between Redguard/Daggerfall Covenant and Altmer/Old Mary Dominion.

Redguard because I always play as one in TES V: Skyrim, and I can identfy with them the most.
On top of that I also like the Daggerfall Covenant's intentions; democracy and, as the lore master said in a video, they are trying to "keep the elves from mocking things up".
If I played as Redguard, I'd be an archer, a pretty nice position because we got the Orcs as meat shield race who will keep the enemy at bay and Breton mages right by my side throwing their magic at them while I shoot my arrows.

Altmer because I like them in some weird kind of way (maybe they're just triggering the masochist in me, hehe) and enjoy playing as mage. The idea of conquering and dominating is also very tempting, but I would lie if I'd say that I like our leader. She says that while she doesn't hate humanity, she finds them unfit for leadership, and what's she doing? Spilling the blood of her own people just to take revenge doesn't sound like the best leader for me either. Can't tell yet though whether it's just vengefulness or she sees the Empire being already weakened by other factions so she'll go to get the cake first; willingness to go to extremes, which is a quality I admire and we'd both share then. Another factor pro Dominion is that I'd love to see the country there, even in lore there's almsot no information given about what their cities look like and their society. Same counts for Bosmer and Khajiit.
Which is why I hope that they're leaning to lore rather than stuff to attract mainstream MMO gamers to collect more money...
Plus the Aldmeri Dominion will be the underdog faction, and there will be plenty of immature players who will think of me as Thalmor; the perfect opportunity for trolling and triggering of angry reactions.
They just can't stand my swag superiority.

g1326488988721645409.jpg

Feeling sorry for all Khajiit and Bosmer lovers though, playing the servants of oversized elves doesn't sound too much fun.
Glad that doesn't affect me, no matter which option I choose.

I guess my decision will be decided by the appearance of the characters. If the elves look nice I'll go with Altmer and Dominion and join the next supremacist guild I see, if they look like humans whose faces were smashed in a bin I'll go with Redguard and train my shooting. And get some sweet bow as fast as possible.

original_funk

Iron is coming
Definitely the Daggerfell Covenant. I'm all for democracy, and I'd love to crack skulls as a badass motherfluffing Orc. The strengths of the races in the daggerfall covenent will work well together, there's the Orcs who provide the heavy infantry, Redguards who are great swordsmen and skirmishers, and the Bretons who are both excellent mages and warriors.

I understand the alliances between the daggerfall covenent and the aldmeri dominion, but the ebonheart pact? I thought there was a lot of bad blood between Argonians and Dunmer, especially with their slave trade.

Rimfaxe96

Definitely the Daggerfell Covenant. I'm all for democracy, and I'd love to crack skulls as a badass motherfluffing Orc. The strengths of the races in the daggerfall covenent will work well together, there's the Orcs who provide the heavy infantry, Redguards who are great swordsmen and skirmishers, and the Bretons who are both excellent mages and warriors.

I understand the alliances between the daggerfall covenent and the aldmeri dominion, but the ebonheart pact? I thought there was a lot of bad blood between Argonians and Dunmer, especially with their slave trade.

Don't forget that Nord and Dunmer aren't bffs either.
I forgot the details but if I remember correctly Nords and Dunmer teamed up against an Akaviri invasion or something. And the Argonians might just want to prove the point that they're not just slaves but can work well without being oppressed.
Not sure for 100 percent though, better look it up yourself. ;)

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
If I play, I will be the ebonheart pact. GO NORDS!!!

Rimfaxe96

Hm, it's a good thing the Ebonheart Pact is so popular. Just look at the size of their territory, they need plenty of soldiers to keep that secured before going to conquer anything. And considering the amounts of people who love Nords, Dunmer and Argonians, it's quite clear which is going to be the top faction when it comes to numbers.
Should alliances form between the factions, DC and AD teaming up to stand a chance against the EP would be quite interesting.
Oterwise I'm afraid the other factions and the corrupted Empire will soon be overwhelmed.

Though, I wonder how the communities are going to be... after all, every second Nord might be trying to pretend to be Dovahkiin, and with Werewolves and Vampires confirmed I'm expecting plenty of people trying to replay Twilight scenes with a Nord-Bella, Vampire Edward and Werewolf Jacob. Oh dear... :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts