Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Vuraoi

I would personally like it to be in The Aldmeri Dominion (as a whole, considering they are combined) but since even separate they are unlikely, I would even more like to see High Rock or Hammerfell because they seem to contain an entirely different story than all of this War business (to me the war gets boring after all this and it just seems to drag on for no reason. Oh there's a war going on? Huh I hardly even noticed.) On another note, I think it might be interesting to be in a place where a Beast race is more common than a Man or Mer race. It'd be interesting.

Illucio

I dunno with all the current affairs with the Aldmeri Dominion and Tamriel, not to mention the Psijic Order making an appearance in Skyrim as well it makes it clear to me that the Summerset Isles will most likely be the next Elder Scrolls location. :/ Heck if you play Oblivion and beat the main story guards constantly talked about Dragonborn, and Skyrim. (Granted I heard all of that in Bruma...)

Hammerfel might be the next location if we want ANOTHER war, Skyrim much? I could settle on either, by my eyes are drawn on the Isles. Besides, limited space = More room for more people. Underwater cities, come on! We need a good reason to be an Argonian other then looking awesome!

The southern portion of Hammerfel, which the Aldmeri Dominion had origionally intended to invade, was granted to them as part of the terms of surrender under The White Gold Concordant. It has been hotly contested by the redguard of the northern city-states of Hammerfel, who successfully seceded from The Empire after The Great War.

The Aldmeri Dominion has been in a state on-again-off-again war in Hammerfel for about thirty years. They occupy the lower half of the former province.

No they don't the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai actually completely expelled the Dominion from Hammerfell. They have been engaged in a cold war with each other just like the empire and the dominion for 30 years.

siltian

harbinger of the future
gotta go all of tam

mirootje2

I read two great ideas:
- ES 6 on a different continent! All the races, weapons, magic, everything! can be completely different!
- ES 6 set in the Dwemer time! Morrowind was the coolest ES for me, and how awesome would it be to play as the extinct race!

Stupid ideas:
- Different storylines depending on your race... It's not World of Warcraft or whatever.. Everythong should be completely open te everybody. The skills etc you choose will lead to a different story for everybody. Don't screw that up.
- ES 6 was quite easy, even set on Hard. Leveling goes fast, and you can kill people almost right away.. In Morrowind you were born like a weak-ass dude, much more difficult. Remember those darned Cliffracers? ES 5 and 6 were to Smooth.. Also, it doesn't make sense that you can become Archmage while you're a level 15 Warrior of something.. Back to the hard life of Morrowind (not necessarily set in Vvardenfell).

Bye!

mudguard

None of the above!
Why?
Chiefly it is as a matter of design in game dynamics.

If one expects something to rise from the ashes of the past it can be criticized as remapped or recycled, especially by those who've been there before.

It is more important be thinking of game design as inspiration of creativity and to go to lengths to amaze all game players with additional or new content that has us wondering how to overcome the obstacles of good AI.

If developers do read this content, which I doubt they have much time for anyway, please don't allow one's brain to become routine and predictable in game design.

Time will tell the true story of what's in store for Oblivion to Skyrim to ............... .

We can wait for the best because waiting is part of learning to be patient, to allow quality to emerge from the heads of those who already know how to entertain.

I hope it's Hammerfell, Be nice to see where the redgaurds are from and the story would go from a freezing northern land to a scorching hot desert that might be a nice change of pace.

I'm wondering how Bethesda will handle the situation with Skyrim's civil war. As the Dragonborn can side with either the Imperials and Stormcloaks.

SvenVolfeid

Elsweyr, because it sounds like elsewhere and i think they need to add more places to tamriel

lonewolf

Valenwood so you could see the internal struggle within the AD making the fight less about overthrowing the thalmor but trying to disrupt them and stuff. could be like a police state to where you have to sneak around at night or something

Naclsack

Salty
It would be nice to see it in all of Tamriel again, maybe like the original game where the randomly generated landscape had you walking ten real life hours to the next town lol

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
Honest I want this Elder scrolls to be like, in the first era, with the snow elves, or maybe in dwemer times. Yeah, dwemer times. Become PC gamers get all those stupid mods and stuff and xbox and PS3 gamers are sitting on the game, with regular armor, no cool hairstyles, no MODs, so they should add that, too

edge

you know when i was playing oblivion i heard some people talking in the imperial city they said : the legion has sent imperial battlemages to the summerset isles. possible great war clue?

That was the war that made the imperials sighn the white gold thing remember thats what the thalmor are for, they make sure that that treaty is not broken

you know when i was playing oblivion i heard some people talking in the imperial city they said : the legion has sent imperial battlemages to the summerset isles. possible great war clue?

That was the war that made the imperials sighn the white gold thing remember thats what the thalmor are for, they make sure that that treaty is not broken

Oblivion takes place about 200 years before Skyrim, and the Great War happened 30 years before Skyrim. The Imperial Battlemages went there for the Oblivion Crisis me thinks.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I'm going to go with Tamriel as a whole. They did it in Arena, so why not now, 18 years later? They could reuse the provinces from past games, but completely overhaul them to make them look amazing. And maybe each province could have its own questline?

I do realize that this would take years to make, but the finished product would be incredible. I'd buy it at launch.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Personally I LOVE the khajit race so probably Elsweyr, because i love the desert and i became addicted to the mod; lands of Elsweyr

The desert is awesome :D

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I think many of you in your rage against the thalmor are forgetting that the main quest always has to do with the religion of the area that it takes place in. Although I do think that they will set it in Elsweyr or Elsweyr and Valenwood and there will be stuff about the thalmor, I bet that it will have something to do with the two moons disappearing and then reappearing. These moons are very important to the Khajiits and after checking some lore (Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi - The Elder Scrolls Wiki) the moons keep Ahnurr from coming to nirn and he is pretty pissed with his children which is everyone!!! That means I propose you have to somehow stop Ahnurr in some fashion.