Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Gyrobot

Cynically, we will get one taking place in High Rock, it is the prime place for a setting since there could be a Hammerfell DLC, it's classic medieval fantasy and tons of political intrigue (enough to cater to the Game of Thrones crowd"

GregoryMeee

Dovah-Aldak-Okriim
I personally hope the next game, not TESO, takes place in Elsweyr. I really like the Khajjit even though I haven't ever really played as one. I think the environment described to us about Elsweyr is amazing sounding.

Crowley

I've wondered about Elsweyr too, but I think that they should do all the provinces, like they did in the first two games. Ok, it'd be on a far bigger scale, but it would be well worth the long wait. You could spend hours upon hours just exploring, taking in all the differences between each province and seeing how things are handled in each one.
It might be an idea best kept for when they want to end it though, because it'd be nigh impossible to outdo something like that.

DarthPOP

i hope it will be Valenwood but im pretty sure it will be Elsweyr since there are SOOOOOOOOOOO many times in skyrim where you can say "Tell me about your homeland" or "what do you know about Elsweyr?" so i think its pretty obvious

DarthPOP

By the way guys... The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind didnt take place in all of Morrowind simply Vardenfell, Solthsiem, and mournhold. so if they did Morrowind again they could manage to add a lot of new stuff

jaynadsho

All of Tamriel would be cool.

But elsewyr is fine too. I'd love to see a world filled with cats dressed in armors. ;)

Sven

Real-life Nord
Well my guess is that it will be in some province that was not included in the previous games.

Im hoping for all of Tamriel ofc,but that is very unlikely.

My only wish that they don't change the engine,Skyrim's graphics and engine are more that perfect,my one fear about it is that they will aim in the sky like all the major game companies and make something that needs a nuclear reactor to run.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
A lot of people are saying Hammerfell would be great, but most of Hammerfell is an empty desert that is uninhabitable. Doing Hammerfall would actually result in a lot smaller play area or a few heavily populated areas with long places of just empty space. Besides, they already explored the more heavily populated areas in Hammerfell in the second Elder Scrolls game (Daggerfall). I think we need to travel south and finally get to play in the exotic land of a beast race namely Elsweyr, which may be a smaller place than Hammerfell, but is much more jammed pack with cities and interesting terrain, which they can focus on getting into specifics. What would be really cool, but I doubt happens, is if they combined Valenwood and Elsweyr since the Khajiits and Wood Elves actually come from the same ancestry in elder scrolls lore, and we could find out more about the Aldmeri Dominion without having to deal with only those stupid thalmor.

Crowley

Black Marsh could also be fun to run around in... and swim.
Maybe Summerset Isle could be the next one, where people there are trying to put up a resistance, until an assassin or someone along those lines comes along and takes on the top brass

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I feel like its too early for Sumerset Isles, because the High Elves are a reclusive people, who don't really let in any of the other races, so I feel like something needs to happen first with regards to the Aldmeri Dominion to make it viable for us to play there. I might be getting way too far ahead of myself but maybe Summerset Isles for Elder Scrolls VII?

Syrabane

Councillor of Artaeum
Hopefully Summerset Isle/the Aldmeri Dominion.

The plot could revolve around the second Great War with the Aldmeri Dominion fighting on two fronts against the Empire and their allies on one side and the maormer of Pyandonea, allied with the Sload of Thras, on the other.

The Thalmor, realising that they may soon fall, wish to quickly destroy the towers preventing Mundus from dissolving before they lose the war and have overstreched their military forces across Tamriel.

As a result, their control of Summerset begins to wane, and cracks begin to form at the heart of the Dominion. Three rival factions whose only commonality is their opposition to the Thalmor have grown in secret, hoping to overthrow the oppressors of their homeland.

The Beautiful (Rielle) are altmer terrorists who hope to force Summerset to be more accepting of foreigners and foreign values through bloody violence. They are opposed to a faction of isolationists who think that Summerset needs to close itself off to the rest of Tamriel rather than impose its values on other nations. The third faction is the imperialists who support the existence of the Dominion (Summerset, Valenwood and Elsweyr in union) but who oppose war with the Empire- they want peace between the Dominion (the empire of elves) and the Empire (the empire of men).

The player can join one of these factions but needs to work with all three as well as with the Psijic Order in order to overthrow the Thalmor and prevent the destruction of Tamriel, defend Summerset from the vengeful Empire and defeat the undead and serpent hordes of King Orgnum and his sload allies.

This is my controversial opinion, but for the sake of lore consistency, I would like to see the human races removed and replaced by imga, maormer and more khajiit races: it would definitely give the game a more alien, distinct and less generic feel than e.g Oblivion or Skyrim.

Izekiel Kest

or the game be set in the furture where the game won't have limitations of already established lore.

The plot could be the Dragonborn unfies Skyrim and marches to claim his riteful spot on he throne. Once the throne is taken the Dragonborn work on ridding the Thalmor out of mainland Tamriel and after that is accomplished the war is taken to the heart of the threat in Summerset and you crush the Thalmor for good. And hopefully the main story is looong. Then ES 7 can take plce in Summerset the altmer rebuilding from the war and becoming a more open society and what not, with the Thalmor gone reformists can rise

Syrabane

Councillor of Artaeum
or the game be set in the furture where the game won't have limitations of already established lore.

The plot could be the Dragonborn unfies Skyrim and marches to claim his riteful spot on he throne. Once the throne is taken the Dragonborn work on ridding the Thalmor out of mainland Tamriel and after that is accomplished the war is taken to the heart of the threat in Summerset and you crush the Thalmor for good. And hopefully the main story is looong. Then ES 7 can take plce in Summerset the altmer rebuilding from the war and becoming a more open society and what not, with the Thalmor gone reformists can rise

I'd rather the next TES game not simply have the Thalmor as the sole antagonists, it would be a little too predictable. It would also make no sense to me if the Empire defeated them without some sort of superweapon or intervention. It's why I'd love to see a maormer/sload alliance who conspire to conquer Alinor with the support of the now desperate Empire. It would be cool to play as a character that needs to defeat these various factions in order to protect the people of Alinor from both the Thalmor and the machinations of foreign conquerors. The final event of the main quest could then be a confrontation with King Orgnum (with a long conversation beforehand!).

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
So the Elder Scrolls Online coming out this Spring is not considered to be ES VI?
Elder Scrolls Online isn't being made by Bethesda, it's being made by Zenimax Online Studios. It's considered a spin off.

Sven

Real-life Nord
I don't plan on buying ES Online.Its going to be some TES version of World of Warcraft,full of levelup-mad people,repping for points and perks like crazy,and its not going to be fun at all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts