Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.

demujin

I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.

I like the idea of different province starts for different races. To make a TES game with level of detail of Skyrim, but Tamriel wide,would be HUGE undertaking. If it exists in the future, it would be awesome. Another possibility is having the next game located in a certain province but having start locations vary depending on your race. You could also have race specific quests or even factions.

In regards to a Tamriel wide game, I remember a highly ambitious mod undertaking called 'Project Morrowind'. It has since morphed into http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/. It began on the Morrowind construction set, moved into the Oblivion stage. And now that Skyrim is out, perhaps it's dead in the water, not sure.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
All of Tamriel would be awesome, Morrowind again would also be awesome but hopefully they'd actually include the part of Morrowind attached to the mainland. My personal choice of Hammerfel though.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
I like the idea of different province starts for different races. To make a TES game with level of detail of Skyrim, but Tamriel wide,would be HUGE undertaking. If it exists in the future, it would be awesome. Another possibility is having the next game located in a certain province but having start locations vary depending on your race. You could also have race specific quests or even factions.

I love those ideas, but the bolded one just sounds more amazing!

Cave

Personally I LOVE the khajit race so probably Elsweyr, because i love the desert and i became addicted to the mod; lands of Elsweyr

Keith Ellis

Hammerfell!!!

thecelticlatino

Well we had:
Morrowind- Dunmer
Cyrodiil- Imperials/All Races
Skyrim- Nords

Personally I'm thinking Hammerfell (although TES already had the spin-off Redguard) since the predominant population is human and with the resistance going on in Hammerfell makes for a great future setting. Personally though I would love to it take place in Black Marsh or Elsweyr, something different where the predominant population is not human or elven. High Rock would also be fairly interesting and TES lacks for dominant Breton characters (usually Dunmer, Imperial, Nord or Redguard).

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
****************SPOILERS*********************

I'm not clear on the location/land of the Dark Elves but after speaking with many of the Jorl's, It seems as if there is alot of tension between Skyrim and the Dark Elves. Mostly due to the worship of Talos. Maybe we will start off in the Dark Elves land, fighting in a war or something. Just theories. Sorry if my thoughts are incomplete, I'm new to the complete storyline.

demujin

I'm not clear on the location/land of the Dark Elves but after speaking with many of the Jorl's, It seems as if there is alot of tension between Skyrim and the Dark Elves. Mostly due to the worship of Talos. Maybe we will start off in the Dark Elves land, fighting in a war or something. Just theories. Sorry if my thoughts are incomplete, I'm new to the complete storyline.
Dark Elves (Dunmer) are from Morrowind.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member

I think that is between High Elves known as the Thalmer rather than the Dark Elves. The High Elves reside in Summerset Isles which is the opposite end of Tamriel to Morrowind where the Dark Elves reside.

demujin

I think that is between High Elves known as the Thalmer rather than the Dark Elves. The High Elves reside in Summerset Isles which is the opposite end of Tamriel to Morrowind where the Dark Elves reside.
Correct. And, i'd like to see a game in the Summerset Isles.

Daveyjay1984

I would like to see it released with multiple options and the ability to get all of Tamriel. In way of an explanation:
Either
1. You buy the game as eg. Elder Scrolls 6 - Hammerfell Edition, Morrowind Edition etc. and you get access to the Hammerfell region with the option to buy other regions at a low price as a sort of DLC. Then you can travel from major cities to major cities in other regions to get between.
2. Release it with a main name Elder Scrolls 6 - Insert Awesome Title Here which is based in one particular region eg. Hammerfell but develop other regions as DLC.
3. Release a huge game with like 6 discs and you begin in the correct region for your character and can travel between all regions (each of the dics covers a region and is virtually a game within a game).

Personally I think the DLC option 1 would be good maybe with an option to buy all regions in a single pack like option 3 for a higher amount but less than getting each individually. Would give them the option to rebuild older areas with updated graphics for those of us who want to see ald areas all prettied up.

Sorry it's huge. This just jumped out at me.

Drem

daggerfall is still very playable imo. not to mention i think it still has the biggest/most dungeons, wereboar ability, etc. damn cool for all you people jonesing for high rock/hammerfell. i voted summerset isles, i'd like to see a nice focus on magic and elves. also black marsh would be great

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Just based on the build up from both Oblivion and Skyrim I'm going to say the summerset isles. Sounds to me like the Empire and the Thalmor are having a hard time getting along.

Alduins Shadow

DragonBorn
Elder Scrolls V was originally supposed to be elsweyr but for some reson changed it to skyrim so Elder Scrolls 6 will most likely be Elswyr

brandon

seeing how this one is 200 yrs after oblivion and i think oblivion took place 100 yrs after morrowind it doesnt matter whats happening in the game to choose the next location. they released books to tie together the story line between oblivion and skyrim. but me personnally would love to see the black marsh. the creatures and scenery would be awesome with todays graphics. but thats just me ive spent the last 3-4 yrs in a desert and miss the woods

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts