• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TeGiMaster

OK. I don't know much about editing with creation kit outside of changing appearance, so here I am, asking for help.

I married Ysolda, made her a potential follower so I can use the Ultimate Follower Mod that allowed me to make her wear what I wanted (the wife of the Dragonborn living in a huge house with loads of money should not wear farm clothes). I digress. After my house was attacked by bandits, I found that my adoptive daughters fought back, but my wife (wielding an enchanted dragonbone dagger) ran away and cowered. Then I came to a conclusion. I should use the creation kit to turn her into someone who can actually fight.

So, I opened up the CK, turned her stats into a Combat Ranger class, but all the changes I made didn't stick. I altered her appearance a little so I could tell that the mod was working, but, she's still lv. 4, even though I altered her min lv to 6.

So, after that ridiculously long-winded backstory, here's the real plea I have.

Can someone give me a fairly detailed guide on how to edit EXISTING NPC stats, combat class, etc. etc. I have found plenty of guides that tell one how to make new NPC with copying and such, but I don't want a new follower, I want to change one that already exists. Then I don't have to start from scratch, and all that.

I'm computer savy, I know how to use the mouse and get around the CK, I just need help with the specifics in places I have yet to delve.

TeGiMaster

Was this that difficult of a question?
*Update* I unchecked the box to level with the player, and jumped her lv. to 55. Still no change. Lv. 4 with no stat above lv. 40, although the CK said she had stats at 100. There must be something I'm missing. Some faction, some script, some checkbox. C'mon, someone somewhere must know something.

Bard Skye

It's been a few years since you've posted this, so you've probably either fixed the problem or lost interest. But here's my two-bits worth anyway so that maybe someone will confirm that I'm right or tell me I'm screwed in the head.

I think that what you have to do is save your modified npc as a standalone .esp and then make sure that it loads *after* the origional.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts