• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Is it possible to assign the ability to open a specific door to an object, like an item of clothing or a weapon, instead of a key?

jolafer

I don't know - but it's a neat idea !!

The options under "requires key" all seem to be ~keys~ by default, but I don't see why you couldn't assign a specific door to be opened by the "Ring of Zortz" instead...?
You might have to create the new unlocking item first - I really don't know.

One (kinda clunky) workaround might be to stick a silent "doorman" nearby (like a tame skeleton?) with a "mini-quest" whereby if you HAVE the Ring (or whatever), it gives you the key...??

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Not quite what I was aiming for, but no matter, I've changed the quest I'm planning so much it's no longer necessary. Thanks for the help!

jolafer

Cheers!
I don't think I was any help at all, but it's kind of you to say so.
I'm very new to modding, and don't know much.
I'm trying to learn, but I can't find a door that fits with the nice stone GenKit rooms.

My notion was that IF a player met this guy, or got there, they'd have access to a swell house wioth all that could be, and plenty of storage. My ~idea~ was, you'd have to help the fellow out, to gain access to each room (sort of like a key, that isn't a key?) - but I chose the GenKit, and so have doorways snapped-to... but there are no doors to put [or lock] between them.

Be well, and good luck with your plan - I'm keen to suggest other moot & useless things you;ve long dismissed in future as well....!

jolafer

Thanx - very kind of you to say - and i guess that means you don't know any door thta fit the Gen Kit either...?

Seriously, build your game.
It sounds good to me already, you have a plot.
That's story... and that (IMO) is crucial.
Make your mod a good story, and it's a winner.