Does this sound like a good role play idea?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Level VII

Do'vish
I am going to make a khajiit that is a thief (more of a thief that steals from the bad and annoying only) and archer. I was going to have his motivation be that he wanted to join the thieves guild to find out what happened to his father (His father left him in care of someone at helgen when he was only a newborn). But he won't be aloud into the guild until he steals a personal item from a jarl in each hold, then he can join the guild. By the way, he won't just go from hold to hold getting something and going, he will spend quite some time in each hold and meet friends, foes, and help people out. Then once he completes that, he can join the thieves guild. Once the thieves guild questline is over he will find out that the guild actually sold out his father (His father was a very high bounty criminal) to the dark brotherhood and was killed. Is that a good story/motivation for my role play character? Thanks for taking the time to read, I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
That does sound very interesting indeed. Just have this question: What do you intend your character to do once he finds out the Guild sold out his father? You're already a member at that point, and, to my knowledge, you can't destroy the Guild like you can the Brotherhood?

Level VII

Do'vish
That does sound very interesting indeed. Just have this question: What do you intend your character to do once he finds out the Guild sold out his father? You're already a member at that point, and, to my knowledge, you can't destroy the Guild like you can the Brotherhood?
I was thinking of destroying the brotherhood and just not make contact with the thieves guild again. (I haven't actually played through the entire thieves guild questline so I don't know how well it would work but I bet I could work a way around it)

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Sounds interesting, I like it. I like the idea of only stealing from the bad (and most likely rich), For example knocking off a heap of Maven Black-Briar's stuff (even though that's a big no-no for guild members). How far in the guild's storyline are you? Because you will find a few...surprises.

Level VII

Do'vish
Sounds interesting, I like it. I like the idea of only stealing from the bad (and most likely rich), For example knocking off a heap of Maven Black-Briar's stuff (even though that's a big no-no for guild members). How far in the guild's storyline are you? Because you will find a few...surprises.
Well, I haven't started my rp yet, but on previous characters I've only gotten about 3 missions in. (Mind you, that was when I was getting bored with skyrim and didn't want to play it as much)

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
The thieves guild storyline gets pretty interesting as you go on, so I recommend doing it. If you wish to turn your back on the guild though, don't finish all the quests, as there's an awesome little thing called
a Skeleton Key you can get that you're supposed to return to it's rightful owner.
Of course you can keep it for yourself and give the Thieves Guild the bird.

AS88

Staff member
The thieves guild storyline gets pretty interesting as you go on, so I recommend doing it. If you wish to turn your back on the guild though, don't finish all the quests, as there's an awesome little thing called
a Skeleton Key you can get that you're supposed to return to it's rightful owner.
Of course you can keep it for yourself and give the Thieves Guild the bird.

I did this once, totally worked out for me. Although, carrying on gets you a couple of nice bits and bobs - but I totally agree with you for RP

Trake1986

If you want to drag out each hold a bit, try and become Thane of each hold. My thief is also Khajiit, but he's a solo act, (he's not affiliated with the guild), he's also a decent archer.