Does anyone else DESPISE this game's combat system?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The way combat works isn't much different in Oblivion than in Skyrim. Every swing hits. Sadly, though, you cannot dual wield (with the exception of shields) and all magic spells are used like powers. It's pretty easy to get used to coming from Skyrim.

Alduin's Brother

The way combat works isn't much different in Oblivion than in Skyrim. Every swing hits. Sadly, though, you cannot dual wield (with the exception of shields) and all magic spells are used like powers. It's pretty easy to get used to coming from Skyrim.
Well I'm relieved that the combat system is nearly the same as Skyrim's. I'll likely be near invincible within the first week or two. Maybe the first month.

Well I'm relieved that the combat system is nearly the same as Skyrim's. I'll likely be near invincible within the first week or two. Maybe the first month.
I should also mention that armor and weapons break if used to much, but can be reparied at a forge or something.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

JarlOfBooty

ya i like the classic gameplay like getting experience toward one overall level, not like 20

Chadonraz

When I first started (about two weeks ago), I did get frustrated with my inability to hit enemies. But now that I have 90-something in Long Blade, all of the common creature enemies (Cliff Racers [which are WAY too numerous], Kagouti, Shalk etc.) die in one or two swings.
But Long Blade is the only weapon type I'm any good at -- Marksman I've tried once (found some throwing stars), and it was terrible. One of ten stars found its target. I'm afraid to even try archery... Luckily I'm a Nord Warrior, so I prefer melee weapons. :D

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I think everyone hates Morrowind's combat system.

Dram

the Dunmer
I don't despise it. It's just different from Skyrim's combat system. But hey, this is an old game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts