PC Do you prefer a controller?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you prefer a controller to play Skyrim?

• Total voters

Lula77

Million times over YES, for a controler! I dislike playing games like skyrim on mouse and keyboard...

Lula77

I used to play everything on PC, but now I prefer the comfort of my couch, can't be arsed with sitting at my desk for hours anymore. Switching to a controller was a nightmare at first, but I'm getting pretty used to it now. I'm a lot better with a mouse tho, I have to admit. 20 yrs of PC gaming vs less than a year on the console, heh.
I am often lying in my bed playing scyrim, I have a gaming laptop. If I am not in bed i am sitting in the living room playing skyrim connected to my 45 tumb tv...lol

trymeout

Controller makes most games more enjoyable. I can Morrowind and Oblivion with a keyboard and mouse but not Skyrim for whatever reason

gaming_amy

I play as khajiit, because khajiit likes to sneak.
I don't understand how people play with a controller...The only thing I managed to play on it was Journey but it's too easy. I get so confused and I often feel like I can't control my hands. My friend played DMC5 on PC and used a controller, said it's really comfortable to play and easier for the combos, but I still refuse to try even though I nearly had CTS after finishing DMC5 by myself. Can't imagine using one with Skyrim either - it's like I won't 'feel' my character move, will be too weird.

Malanima'ar the Stygian

Resplendent Daedra Conjurer
Big yes to using a controller! My brain cannot seem to adapt to playing RPG's on keyboard/mouse because of the many years of RTS gaming (So many splendid hours of LAN'ing Starcraft, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires!) so playing something like Skyrim on console feels so much more comfortable. I've also done the opposite with Halo Wars on Xbox 360 and that also did my brain in quite a bit

Dr77k

Personally, I prefer to play on PC just because it is easier to control. Maybe that's early on in the kids' market. I tried to play xbox but it totally fails. The most because of my belt if you could find a problem with a mouse and keyboard for xbxox and play lossless on TV

Infa Red

I am both a PC and Console player. I like to use controller for both. I do not think there is any argument as to what is more responsive and superior, as that is factually Keyboard and Mouse. As all pro Esports World Cup players use Keyboard and Mouse.

BUT I stress that Skyrim is not Esports/World Cup level. lol Slow response time on it is fine (slow as in the .5 millisecond differences) unlike something like Fortnite where .5 milliseconds is the difference of still playing and dying.

So I want to clear the air, I use PC, but am not a snob about it. I understand keyboard and mouse are superior, but for Skyrim, controller is not only good enough, but it's practically better.

itsmydragon

Keyboard and mouse. I can only play racing games on the pad. The precision advantage of the mouse is unbeatable by the pad - there is probably no discussion here.
Besides, I often play shooters, after all, playing a pad shooter is a parody (there is also an aim option, drama).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts