Do you know the Mushroom Man?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Yes, the Mushroom Man.

Some of you know what I'm talking about here. If you've played much, you'll find that Skyrim often has you and your badassian characters going in and out of all manner of caves and/or subterranean locales--it's often the best environment for a budding alchemist to scurry around and harvest plenty of mushrooms. Sometimes the mushroom pickin' is slow, and other times...

...other times you come with over 40 samples of mushrooms, like the cave itself is experiencing some kind of outrageous mushroom epidemic and you got there just time to save the day! There's more than a couple caves (Geirmund's Hall was a recent one) that are literally littered with mushroom patches, as far as the eye can see!

Of course, not all caves are like this. Which makes me think that a rogue Bethesda level-designer was going around putting way too many mushrooms into certain caves--and the deadly sting of the Mushroom Man is thus felt by all. I for one, am a big supporter of the Mushroom Man! I just loves me some free mushroom samples. Rest well Mushroom Man, your legacy is intact.

Never noticed a Mushroom Man. I've ran into a few normal NPC's in the wild who talked about being there to pick ingredients for alchemy & such. Any pics or short vids of this guy would be greatly appreciated :)

Saozig

Hippy
Halldir's Cairn is another one. Whenever I go in there, I stand outside the entrance, loot the little burial urns there and say to myself, "OK, Saozig, don't spend the next 30 minutes picking all the mushrooms in sight..." But when I go into that front chamber and I see mushrooms in every nook and cranny, I'm just like come to me my pretty little shroomshroomshrooms and spend the next 30 minutes picking all the shrooms while my follower is standing there like "You know, the first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem... "

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Halldir's Cairn is another one. Whenever I go in there, I stand outside the entrance, loot the little burial urns there and say to myself, "OK, Saozig, don't spend the next 30 minutes picking all the mushrooms in sight..." But when I go into that front chamber and I see mushrooms in every nook and cranny, I'm just like come to me my pretty little shroomshroomshrooms and spend the next 30 minutes picking all the shrooms while my follower is standing there like "You know, the first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem... "

Straight up! Those mushrooms were put there for a REASON... to carry back to my house and be stuffed into knapsacks and barrels! Thank you, Mushroom Man... wherever you are.

Never noticed a Mushroom Man. I've ran into a few normal NPC's in the wild who talked about being there to pick ingredients for alchemy & such. Any pics or short vids of this guy would be greatly appreciated :)
Sh sh, you hear that? That's the sound of you not reading the whole OP and letting the joke fly over your head.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Who lives on Drury Lane?