Do you have any habits in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

I try to climb down the Throat of the World instead of taking the path.

Me too. :D Especially with my current character, because I've decided that I will not fast travel with her. Walking down from High Hrothgar, let alone Throat, is a huge waste of time.

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
1) Steal all the cheese
2) Steal all the sweet rolls and reverse pickpocket them into the pockets of guards
3) Reverse pickpocket really creepy stuff, like human flesh/hearts. Just imagine, when they get home and take out all the stuff in their pockets...they'd be, like 'OMFG, WTH!!!' lol
4) Shout at chickens, then end up dying
5) I also tend to give my followers - especially my first follower - little gifts. Except for Lydia, because Divines forbid she'll die the moment I do xD

Mystygirl

I always have to sprint up the steps to Dragonsreach.
I save ohhh about every 10 mins.
I too have a storage system. Chest for enchanted weapons, chest for enchanted clothes, chest for normal weapons etc.
I constantly have to check the map.
I always go to Whiterun first to sell things even if another town is nearer.

I'm sure there's more! :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Cazimir

During night, I randomly stop to take screenshots of the sky. I probably have about 50. I sometimes do the same thing during the day with landscapes.

I get really attached to certain followers and won't use anyone else. Though I'm trying to alleviate this problem by using my preferred follower and another one.

Only enchanted weapons get a spot in a rack or plaque.

Chadonraz

Saying certain NPCs' lines before they do. Especially with the Whiterun folks, whose lines I've heard a million and one times. :D

Chadonraz

Using the "Talk to the Companions leaders for work" misc objective (toggling it active so that the marker appears) to find my way out of dungeons. :D

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
Well, I have this habit to drop a damn load of ingredients and food in front of the Riften cititzens on the marketplace and see them fight untill the very end. After that, I reload the save file so I can do it again right after the previous fight or later on in the game. Got to love Riften's randomness :)

I also like to follow the Headless Horseman like I am some sort of ghost hunter trying to record footage of a supernatural event. I want to talk to him, even when he doesn't talk at all. Having a hard time with trying to keep up with him though.

And I hate it to see random objects on the floor that shouldn't be there or people knocked it off a table or something like that. I pick it up and try to put it back. If I fail to do so, I sell the stuff. It's just some sort of OCD I have there.

EDIT: I don't fasttravel. I think it kills the game's experience and exploration elements. I do use the carriage to get to the capitals though. The random events that occur when you're walking through Skyrim are interesting too, so that makes it fun for me.

Willow

-I always travel back to my main house and organize all my recently picked up loot before going on to another quest even if I can still carry a lot more.
-Despite how annoying it is I can't help but spend hours decorating my house, don't ask me why...
-I obsessively pick up every alchemy ingredient I see even though I barely use them.

Probably a lot of others I can't think of right now...

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
-I always travel back to my main house and organize all my recently picked up loot before going on to another quest even if I can still carry a lot more.
-Despite how annoying it is I can't help but spend hours decorating my house, don't ask me why...
-I obsessively pick up every alchemy ingredient I see even though I barely use them.

Probably a lot of others I can't think of right now...

Maybe I should start organizing too before I head on a next quest. It bothers me that I have to drop random items when I get the infamous notice of annoyance, also known as "You're carrying to much to be able to run." And you're not the only one with the decoration-thing :)

Chadonraz

^ I do that just before entering. :D

I don't do this until level 10 or so, but when I see Thalmor taking a prisoner somewhere, I always free the prisoner, so that I can kill the elves without getting a bounty. :Dragonborn:

Willow

Maybe I should start organizing too before I head on a next quest. It bothers me that I have to drop random items when I get the infamous notice of annoyance, also known as "You're carrying to much to be able to run." And you're not the only one with the decoration-thing :)

I think I'm just OCD so I got in the habit of doing that, but it does help. I'm glad I'm not alone with the decorating thing, why did they have to make it so hard though?!

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
I think I'm just OCD so I got in the habit of doing that, but it does help. I'm glad I'm not alone with the decorating thing, why did they have to make it so hard though?!

Like putting your trophies in the display cases: I collect the swords I get from the Jarls of each Hold so I can put them in a stand in my home or in a display case. However, it is so damn hard to get these things into the display cases with having them lying in there STRAIGHT. I can't stand it if they are lying in there slightly off: it has to be perfect!

It wouldn't be hard for Bethesda to code an option in Skyrim to put them in there more efficiently, right? Why haven't they done this, such a simple thing to implement? *sigh*

Jimes

Demoralize the enemy with assassination.
I collect lavender. Its pretty. I then store it all separately on the floor in my solitude house and run through it like a 'special' child in a corn field

When killing at a height I always have to drag and drop the bodies down the mountain/building to watch them fall

I always drop endless potions in the rivers or streams and then float along watching the pretty shaped and colored bottles bob along.

For some strange reason whenever I do a quest and speak to a character I have to make up a funny accent for them and then read their subtitles using the accent.

I also make up songs when i fight the Falmor because they are really scary and ugly and they have a funny nose

When I kill bandits I like to line up there bodies, strip them and then walk over them and pretend they are making a path for their king.

I get NPCs to follow me just so i can Fus Ro Dah them off a bridge.

I like to climb on the dragons because they are spikey.

I reanimate Faendel, just so he can annoy me to the point where i kill him again.

When i fight Hagravens I to put on an old lady accent and pretend they are the elderly who need help, removing the human heart of a forsworn and replacing it with a flower ... i mean seriously? Is that even hygienic?

If I visit a blacksmith i always jump in his fire so they think im smoking hot ..... I KNOW ITS A JOKE :pPPPPP DID YOU GET IT?!?!?!?! I DONT KNOW IM JUST TOOOO FUNNY SOMETIMES

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
I delete my character and restart the game over if I make one mistake in the perk tree (save my two Redguards). I have some type of OCD and it bothers me (/.\). Think I just started like the 30th character yesterday. Hopefully I get it right this time.

I tend to find any shortcut that I can instead of traveling the "correct" way. I.E. jumping over the wall when outside Whiterun or jumping down the Throat of the World to avoid the 7K steps.

The minute I get to LV 15 I go to that one cave where you get the Hermaeus Mora quest. I feel like doing that part of the quest before you have to do it for the main one.

If I end up killing a spider and I'm at a high spot I like to Fus Ro Dah them until they are far out of my sight. Takes a couple tries with them being so big -_-. Speaking of spiders...

I will purposefully avoid any dungeon or cave that I know has a Frostbite Spider in it (that is not part of a main or faction quest). I hate those bastards that much.

Karen

boop.
I like messing with hold guards, just because there's like an unlimited supply of them.

Whenever I'm in town I sneak-kill as many guards as I can, or pickpocket all their equipped clothes.
Actually, the latter is funny with every character, not just the guards.

And stabbing essential characters in their sleep. I like how they'll get up, look around and just go back to sleep if they can't find the culprit, no matter how many times you do it.

LosLocos

Same here. It takes me ages to do, but I still can't stop myself from travelling between my houses and putting unique weapons and armor on weapon plagues and manekins. In my game I have to make sure all of the houses are filled with treasures not only manors I built. I also have to read every single book or note, sometimes even few times. x
Ah yes, another OCD moment in-game for me. I HAVE to buy all 3 plots of land in "Hearthfire" and build elaborate mansions on each. Then I collect ALL weapons and armor that I can and completely outfit the armory and trophy room and every mannequin in the house, every weapon plaque, with everything that I find. This is a have to thing. Also, I make elaborate displays in the trophy rooms. Every display case is filled, all wardrobes, every lock-box and treasure chest. After re-reading this post it has become painfully apparent to me that I need a girlfriend.