Spoiler Dawnstar - Waking Nightmare Quest Options

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Garrison

At the end of this quest, you're presented with an option. Choose the path of evil, and get a cool staff that in the very least has monetary value. Choose the path of righteousness and get... a friend. Does anyone know if there is any impact beyond those two facts that should be considered when making this decision?

ill wil

At the end of this quest, you're presented with an option. Choose the path of evil, and get a cool staff that in the very least has monetary value. Choose the path of righteousness and get... a friend. Does anyone know if there is any impact beyond those two facts that should be considered when making this decision?
From what I experience naw.......staff or follower pretty much. I chose "a friend" and killed him with the Ebony Blade.

Garrison

Ok cool, thanks. I had chosen 'good', but upon exiting the ruins was having second thoughts and thinking to reload and choose differently. I just would like to avoid any repercussions hours of game time later!

Nightshade

I don't know what system you are playing on, but on xbox there is an achievement called "Oblivion Walker" where you have to collect every Daedric artifact. The Skull of Coruption is one of the artifacts, and as you know, is only obtainable by doing the evil deed. If you let him live, you're essentially losing this artifact and the achievement is unattainable. You're killing off a possible friend and companion, but there are plenty of other other friends and companions to make in the game so no worries. (Gosh, that sounded evil)

If you're into roleplaying, this would be more fitting for an evil or morally grey character playthrough and might not really make sense with a good character- but it's your character and the choice is ultimately up to you ^_^

Garrison

Thank you, Nightshade... that was exactly the info I was looking for. Role-playing is not really essential for me; my plan was basically go through the game "good" and then flip to do all the evil stuff. But since I've already acquired Mehrunes Razor, I guess I'm deceiving myself about the "good" part anyway, lol.