• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sandy

LYCANHEART
so i downloaded Dawnguard, logged in, went to whiterun and Belathor was killed by a vampire in front of my eyes, is this whats suppose to happen, what happens to his shop, will this screw things up for me now. :eek:

Adam Warlock

I don`t think Sigurd takes over for Belathor so it may be time to find another general vendor.

sandy

LYCANHEART
And noe I have Two farkas's in game, both sitting next to each other.....Another Dawnguard surprise pwehaps?

Thorn1nYourSid3

Insert witty comment here...
In my game for the Xbox, vampires wiped out most of Whiterun, sadly no NPC's respawn or take over jobs as needed. It had gotten so bad I decided to move to Riften, and now they are attacking Riften. I have found though, that the less you fast travel to your home city the less they attack that city as you will mostly be attacked while on the road or in the wild while you are out adventuring.

Eriksen

Same happened to me, no more Belethor (although, can't say I miss him that much!)

It's been quite a few in game days since it happened, and his shop is now open again (i.e. not locked all day), but his assistant just stands there sweeping the floor, like nothing happened.

So now I just have to ride to Riverwood to use the general goods vendor! Eventually, I'll buy a house in a new city!!

Adam Warlock

In my game for the Xbox, vampires wiped out most of Whiterun, sadly no NPC's respawn or take over jobs as needed. It had gotten so bad I decided to move to Riften, and now they are attacking Riften. I have found though, that the less you fast travel to your home city the less they attack that city as you will mostly be attacked while on the road or in the wild while you are out adventuring.

After a Master Vampire turned the Blacksmith Balimund into an Ash Pile in Riften , I began using the city stables as my destination for fast- travel . Now both Horse-Crusher and his assistant are gone as well.

The random encounters with marauding Vampires and the Travelers seem to be set up like the Dragon attacks. After a period of time without one (usually 48 hours) , an attack will be due somewhere.
Because Fast-travel speeds the clock up , attacks frequently occur just after arrival.

If there is a location that you are genuinely interested in protecting , I suggest NOT going there until just AFTER a Vampire attack somewhere else. This will hopefully provide a window of opportunity to peacefully conduct your buisness and get out before trouble starts.

If you must fast-travel to a larger city , go to a spot where lots of guards hang out rather than the buisness district(i.e. Blue Palace, Dragonreach, etc.) , then wait 1 hour. If Vamps are around they should attack you there and it`s less likely to result in NPC deaths. OR fast-travel to a nearly farm or the stables.

The Travelers are easy to spot in their Black Hooded Robes . They usually don`t attack immediately , but will walk a pre-determined route until you get close to them. You can sometimes entice the Traveler to follow you by approaching(not too close!) and backing away as they notice you. You can then lead them to a safer spot for your fight. Or you can sneak attack them when they`ve got to a spot you prefer.

Doing that 1 hour wait upon arrival helps save lives because the NPC will have had time to get from the location where they respawn into their place of buisness. This helps some with inside vendors like Belathor

Adam Warlock

Vendors killed by Vampires in my game(lvl 81 Master setting) include Balimund , Lami , and Aval Atherton among others.
Dragons had already killed a few but the Vampires are more dangerous because they attack on ground level and the NPC will more often fight them rather than run for cover

Adam Warlock

Curiously , in my Xbox game , the Vampire`s Bane spell is ineffective against "disguised" vamps like Travelers , Visiting Advisors , Bards , and Pilgrims until AFTER they reveal themselves and begin attacking.
The game must not consider them "undead" until that point

Vampire`s Bane does seem to work when attacking non-hostile vampires who have dressed themselves as Vigilants however

btw . i have 207 undead killed on my Dawnguard Rune Axe so far and I still have no idea how much Sun Damage it`s doing
Decapped a Volkihar in Haemar`s Shame with it yesterday and got the spinning slash kill animation as if looking up from the floor.
Other than Lord Harkson`s Sword ( a working version of the busted Keening dagger for vampires) , I don`t think there was a sweeter unique weapon addition than the Rune Axe