Dawngaurd glitch, Harkon wont change me

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I've accepted Harkon's offer to become a "true" vampire (I was already a basic vampire) but when he says "be still" and bites me neck, it just kills me and then autoloads the most recent save game. I've disabeled all mods, done a clean install of Skyrim without any mods and this still happens.

Anyone know what the problem is here?

ianc1

Before talking to Harkon, use the console commands setstage DLC1VQ02 40 followed by setstage DLC1VQ02 180. Talk to him and he will say that you have forsaken his gift, but will offer it to you again. Simply accept it and you will gain the Vampire Lord power without dying from his bite.

Or if that did'nt work then cure your vampireisum or become a werewolf. I have never had a single problem when converting from werewolf to vampire.

Before talking to Harkon, use the console commands setstage DLC1VQ02 40 followed by setstage DLC1VQ02 180. Talk to him and he will say that you have forsaken his gift, but will offer it to you again. Simply accept it and you will gain the Vampire Lord power without dying from his bite.

Or if that did'nt work then cure your vampireisum or become a werewolf. I have never had a single problem when converting from werewolf to vampire.

Will that effect the quest line at all?

ianc1

Sorry to say that I do not know, I have never used the commands I only found them on the wiki. The best thing you can do is copy your save game to another location then if anything does go wrong you just recopy your orignial one back.

Im not sure what the bug is, but i know for consoles if you go stand behind one of the tables in the hall before he bites you he cant reach you, And it works. not sure if it will work on pc

Azriel_Barbados

Does this work for xbox one?
Harkon turns into his vampire lord for and offers to turn me again (I am a werewolf currently) I accept his gift and he just says stay still and then nothing happens he doesn't bite me, I can't interact with him or anyone and I can't open the door to skyrim anymore. I went back to the previous save twice while I was outside and it still does the same thing. Please help.

Janett93

Does this work for xbox one?
Harkon turns into his vampire lord for and offers to turn me again (I am a werewolf currently) I accept his gift and he just says stay still and then nothing happens he doesn't bite me, I can't interact with him or anyone and I can't open the door to skyrim anymore. I went back to the previous save twice while I was outside and it still does the same thing. Please help.
The same thing is happening to me, have you been able to figure out how to fix this??

Bourinou

Bummer this sucks
I found something, it didn't work for me when I was a werewolf or even if I'm cured from that, I load a save from before I did the quest to be a werewolf and it's work! But i'm sad because in this save I have 70 less level (lvl 107, but in my last save I was 172).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts