Dark brotherhood overhaul

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wedox

Does anyone know how to actually make the black door? That speaks?

And it would be nice if someone gave me an idea for a question.
The questions from Skyrim and Oblivion are:
What is the color of night? - Sanguine, My brother.
What is the music of life? - Silence, My brother.
What is life's greatest illusion? - Innocence, My brother.

NewZodiac

How about...

What is life's greatest accomplishment? Death, My Brother.

That's all I got. Thinking of these isn't particularly simple. There's only so much you can think of.

Wedox

Yes thats the kinda stuff im looking for :).

So we have:
What's a being's greatest achievment? - Death, My Brother. ( a little rephrase, shall we? )
What's the greatest lie of life? - Harmony, My Brother.
Who is a man's greatest ally? - Misery, My Brother.
What's a man's greatest foe? - Morality, My Brother.

Except your's, those are very simple ones.

Master0zGuns

this seems like it will be a very good mod but it will also take a long time to make when do you estimate that a beta download will be released?

Wedox

Ooooh my, that will take a while, i took a break recently and Diego doesnt answer me, but he has an explaination so i guess you'll just have to wait for the progress.

Wedox

I think it seemed to be lacking the spirit of the dark brotherhood, you didnt belong to a world-wide organisation of famous assassins, you were as Festus said "A band of common cutthroats".

AtomicDonut

I like this idea! You should make the spell the mage always talks about, the one that turns people inside out :p

polarchill12

Hello! I'm new but I have been expierenced in dark brotherhood mod planning. I recently joined a mod for the dark brotherhood in the making called The Void and the Webspinner: Shrouded War. Though I'm helping to make it I have ideas of my own not in the parameters of what the "boss" wants. I'll end up modding my end version a bunch anyway. I'd to know since two of you are already creating a mod for the brotherhood if I could use some things. I am not the best at modding so I would like to add your content to the end and middle of my original content (it would just be on my mod for only my skyrim game). Our mod is basically the Night Mother tells you to rebuild the black hand and you do but shortly after you ar contacted by the morag tong who try to recruit you (you can stay with the db or join the mt). If you stay the brotherhood builds its presents in new sanctuaries for the hand and a listeners sanctuary (I'd like to use the whole sithis shrine thing as the listener sanctuary). Then you "purify" all the sanctuaries of the mt you can find after you find the first sanctuary and torture a member into telling you the other locations. Then you go to the grandmasters sanctuary and kill him. Here is whre I want the brotherhood to populate all the mt sanctuaries and would probably rebuild falkreath (leading to veezaro's journal which tells of the loction of the old grandmaster shadowscale who if found will make your shadowscales twice as powerful). Then I'd like to throw in the dark brotherhood civil war over the night mother. From here the black hand would meet once a week or month to settle things. You could extend power in other provinces to get more gold at the next meeting, train power for stronger followers, do both at once but to half the effect, and (once) open a big shadowscal training center in Black Marsh which for as many weeks/months as there are snctuaries you get a shadoscale for each (not to mention the ones that would be trained from the listener/sithis sanctuary). After that and before I have some iteresting assassinations to add so just asking if I could mold the mod to the one I'm helping to make. I promise it would be me only to do this. I just want the best brotherhood possible. PS: If you joined the mt you would do the the same establishing sanctuaries, purifying dt sanctuaries, and killing the new listener, and then I would throw something else in but I don't like Morag Tong much.:bluedragon::pinkdragon:

polarchill12

Yes thats the kinda stuff im looking for :).

So we have:
What's a being's greatest achievment? - Death, My Brother. ( a little rephrase, shall we? )
What's the greatest lie of life? - Harmony, My Brother.
Who is a man's greatest ally? - Misery, My Brother.
What's a man's greatest foe? - Morality, My Brother.

Except your's, those are very simple ones.
Ummmmmm What is the world's greatest truth? Deception, My Brother

Wedox

I find your idea pretty nice, aldo i wanted to keep the lore in house, not choosing between something other than the dark brotherhood.

Yet, i have no contact for diego and thats why any progress is frozen for us atm.
If diego doesnt answer soon i will dedicate myself to helping you.

Polar, you are aware that instead of triple-posting you are able to edit your message?

polarchill12

First of all yes I am aware of that. I just didn't come to mind at the time. It was not me who had the idea of joining the morag tong. I personally would just destroy them anyway possible.

Wedox

A lot of people playing Skyrim are unfamiliar with Morrowind, i suggest you use something more known, or something more... modern.
For example: Anuiel is the difference of Sithis, the 'good' one, Anuiel is the order when Sithis is the chaos.
I suggest you make up an order of Anuiel or maybe use the shadowscales?

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I'm sure i'm not the only one who was underwhelmed with the Dark brotherhood in skyrim. Don't get me wrong, it was a very fun but I was left wanting more from it. So i'm going to be making a big mod which will :

- For each main city, their will be a sanctuary hidden around it, these sanctuaries will contain unique db members who will give you contracts and quests to do. Each sanctuary will have its own main quest, but you can only acess them after you've discovered you're a listener. Each sanctuary will also have a leader like Astrid. Some sanctuaries will be more traditional than others.

-Main quest changed so Falkreath and Dawnstar sanctuary will be operating fully. Dawnstar won't need to be restored as its already working fully with it's own members and quests. This means no Falkreath members die . (If anyone has some good new ideas for the main quest feel free to let me know below).

-Throughout skyrim's cities and lands their will be roaming db members because why should we be the only members to do contracts.

-Each sanctuary will have merchants who will sell lot's of different variations of shrouded armour and robes. I may make it that each santuary's armour is colour coded. (Please give me your opinion on this)For now i'm basically looking for ideas and a bit of help.

-Mage assasains will be in for a treat as i'm adding in new spells, creating ancient shrouded robes and adding unenchanted robes so you can make them to you personal choice. They're will be more ranged spells and more useful illusion spells to make the mage assasain class more balanced and fun.

- Sanctuaries will focus on a certain class or aspect. For example, Whiterun sanctuary could focus on archery while the riften sanctuary could focus on illusion.

I know my way round the creation kit but help would save timePlease let me know ideas for -

-Unique members and quest givers.
-Armour/weapon designs.-Main quest ideas.
-Any other ideas.

Work will begin in mid June as this is when my computer comes back from being repaired.
Just letting you know, you CAN be attacked by a DB assassin. I was at least. I like the idea of Recruiting DB members.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Extra Items:

Garden, outdoor-500 gold adds a large garden filled with Deathbells, wheat, potato plants, tomato, cabbage, and more Deathbells.

Garden, Indoor-600 gold, makes a room, wich has a nice lighting feature, filled with basically everything that the outdoor garden has.
So bassicaly a larger better Poisoner's Nook?