• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vandal

Forbidden Legend Quest Line.

Cool stuff. I've beaten the game on my first play through and didn't fight a single boss/scripted sequence as fun as the end boss here. What did you guys think of it?

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Going to check it out right now, always wanting to do more quests ^_^

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Yes it is

Other great thing is you get a pretty good necklace after completing it

Okay, yeah... good quest =)

Really liked the Wolf Queen quest too.

Jeff31

Premium Member
nothing scars me in this game my argonian is a bad ass on 360

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
Well, I did just about everything there is to do with my first character. Now I'm just role playing with my other characters. So there's really no need to face 'em unless i absolutly need to. And even then i'm still reluctant, haha.

Do'Raksa

I thought this was a pretty cool boss too, and you get a great amulet out of it. It was also pretty challenging for me once I upped the difficulty too.

omac0101

the boss fight at the end of the thieves guild quest was pretty cool too. I wasnt sure how to escape in the end. Got a little panicky there for a second.

PelagiusIV

the boss fight at the end of the thieves guild quest was pretty cool too. I wasnt sure how to escape in the end. Got a little panicky there for a second.

Haha same thing with me. I thought for sure I was going to drown.

As for the Gauldur Quest it is a fun one. I'd have to say my favorite was the Dark Brotherhood quest line, but the amulet is one of the best I've seen so far in Skyrim.

BSE

Thats probably my favorite boss as well. You actually had to figure out and use a tactic to beat them, unlike so many other bosses.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I forget , it's a large chamber with high level Draugrs that pop out of coffins along the side of the room and the boss at the far end?

I did that early in the game and was really tough (one-shot killed most of the time), but the reward was worth it. I still have not found a better amulet and will never be able to make one with 3 enchantments.

I killed the Draugrs while still in their coffins using flame runes fired on the coffins, before raising the boss, but it was still hell. I had to leave Lydia waiting outside the room as she would always get killed in there.

But I didn’t think it was the coolest boss. I haven't actually met any cool or well scripted bosses in Skyrim, compared to other games. As fighting games go, I'm a big fan of Devil May Cry 4, there was some super cool bosses there, each one of them makes Alduin look kind of Nintendo.

Most bosses in Skyrim can be rushed against a wall while bashing with a shield and hacking with a sword/mace. Often you can exploit the game's pathetic pathing system for NPCs (they can't even jump), and pathetic combat in general, and stand at point where they cannot hit you while you can, or get them to get stuck behind an obstacle or in a corner.

Once you have the Impact perk you can spam many of them with fire and stagger them, and then it's all over for them. I actually use a mod that reduces the chances of stagger to make the fights a bit more challenging.