• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I was confused on where to post this. The Skyrim Fanfiction section said I shouldn't post there about my original characters, but this section said it shouldn't be Skyrim related. So that's pretty confusing. . .

Anyway! This thread will be dedicated to short stories about my characters, mainly Rashei and Roux. Nothing chaptered or anything, just snippets. There is much to write about, especially since I've had both of these characters for over five years! Another thing I did on other sites was write "fanfiction" about roleplays I've been in or crossovers with other characters- with the owner's request/permission of course! I also did summaries on how my character feels about someone else's, their first impression, etc.. That was my favorite part!

So yeah, I am just establishing this thread for future use. I might post some old excerpts from a few years ago, but there will also be new stuff. Comments are welcome, and if you want a crossover between our characters just let me know! My characters are pretty normal, but I have fun imagining scenarios with others.

Ashes to Ashes
Something strange was happening on Solstheim. Night cloaked the land in darkness, heavy clouds covering the stars and moons of Nirn. The gray ash that usually blanketed the land seemed almost black now, but it appeared different somehow in the southeast. The cinders were moving.

No, not moving. . .

Ashspawn.

Like a pack of wolves, the living dead shambled steadily towards the fungal towers of Tel Mithryn. Their eyes burned bright fires, their mouths crying forth chilling taunts of battle. The ash itself burned beneath their feet as they marched, smoke sizzling and surrounding the undead mass in an ominous thick fog. Only their eyes glowed in the darkness, eerie and unsettling.

Among the army was Ildari Sarothril, face confident and determined as she lead her forces to their destiny. In her chest beamed the very thing that gave her power over the ashspawn: a heartstone, implanted into her years ago by her former mentor, Master Neloth of House Telvanni. It was he this army set out to destroy.

In the sky there was a small shape, its form akin to that of a dragon in its wings but like a fox in the shape of its head. The bat was black, blacker even than the nightly darkness that currently ruled Solstheim. Its red eyes surveyed Tel Mithryn as it steadily veered around the shore, circling the towers. With a mighty flap of its wings, it ducked into a steep dive, hurtling to Ildari at incredible speed as it freefell. Before it hit the ground however, the shape changed. What was previously a bat was now a Dunmer vampire, standing at Ildari's side. He fell into step with the Elven woman as he gave his report:

"All is quiet. I believe we are alone."

"You are certain?" Ildari's voice came out in a hiss, sharp enough to slice through stone. Her eyes were full of suspicion as she examined her ally before narrowing them into slits.

Rashei just blinked calmly, unbothered by her aggressive demeanor. "Quite. All but Neloth are absent, thanks to the Sun Stone." He gestured to the general direction of the pillar, which must have been enough for Ildari because she snorted.

"If you are right, there is much to gain. Tonight, I will unleash my wrath. I will lose a thorn in my side. . . And you will lose a father."

Again, Rashei was indifferent. Instead he stared at the Telvanni towers, his expression now matching Ildari's of determination. This was all he wanted: justice. Long ago, it was Neloth's lack of action that killed Rashei's mother. It was he who drove her to make such a sacrifice, to turn her son into an immortal monster. A vampire.

Yes, it was only fair for Neloth to die. It should be the gentle, compassionate Nilven who was still alive, not this mad wizard. Rashei gritted his teeth together. Are you watching me now, mother? he asked, lifting his eyes to the sky. I miss you every day. Tonight is for you.

Now the ashspawn were at Tel Mithryn. Ildari Sarothril raised her voice to address her army. "The time has come, my dear children," she boomed, "The time to fulfill your true purpose is nigh. Destroy everything in this damned courtyard! Rip apart the tower with your arms of glass! Do it all, but Neloth is mine!"

That was Ildari's madness coming through, addressing the undead as if they were sentient. They just stared blankly with empty amber eyes, gazing at something no one living could see. Rashei was positive that they could not hear, but instead followed the will of their master which was somehow sent telepathically to them from the heartstone in Ildari's chest. So they did as she commanded. Those with weapons hacked at the base of the towers. Those without hurled fire at the top. The fungal lifeform began to sizzle. Rashei felt uncomfortable amidst so much flame, but he was glad none of it was aimed at him.

As Ildari summoned an Ash Guardian and began screaming taunts to Neloth in the tower, Rashei once again shapeshifted into a bat and launched himself into the sky. From here he could already see the damage being dealt to Tel Mithryn. Feeling smug, he thought, Yes. Come out, coward. Come out so I can watch you burn.

"What is the meaning of this?!" A tall, thin humanoid shape stepped out of the largest structure. "I'll have you know this tower is worth more than you are! Today, you choose death." Harnessing the power within, the wizard unleashed a magical blizzard. The ash in the air turned to snow. Wind hurtled through the masses of the army, blowing some ashspawn off their feet and freezing others. With no hesitation, Neloth plunged himself into battle. He was obviously favoring ice spells to combat the ashspawn. They were freezing and shattering into icy shards left and right. Neloth did not become the best wizard of Morrowind for no reason.

Rashei landed at the top of the tower in an area that was relatively unburnt and safe. He pulled out his bow and took aim. He could care less if it was he or Ildari who struck Neloth down. As long as Neloth paid for his wrongdoings, Rashei would be happy. Unfortunately, Neloth was a whirlwind of elemental power, constantly moving. It was impossible to get a clear shot. Rashei, usually tranquil like unmoving water, was bubbling with frustration.

Neloth and Ildari had finally found each other on the battlefield. He summoned an Ash Guardian of his own, and the enemy atronachs grappled each other with enviable strength. Neloth switched to lightning attacks to drain Ildari's magicka, but she was prepared with a ward. She had grown much since she left, dodging Neloth's spells with ease and landing hits with well-placed spells of her own. Rashei was still moving his bow as the fighting pair moved erratically. Damn you! Just stand still! His hand began to tremble in fury.

After what seemed like forever, Ildari knocked Neloth off his feet with a lightning rune. Before he could get up, she placed her foot firmly on his chest. Neloth squirmed, spatting curses and taunts, but Ildari was victorious thanks to a simple, well-concealed rune. Her face was triumphant as she stared down at her former mentor, eyes full of a crazed calm. Rashei knew at this moment that his work with Ildari was complete. No more reconnaisance missions would need to be carried out now that Neloth was down. Finally having a clear shot, Rashei pulled the string of his bow back.

Don't.

What was that?

You know who I am. You recognize my voice.

Nilven. . . ?

I am very disappointed in you. Did I raise you to be controlled by anger? Did I raise you to be vengeful?

Rashei froze. It was Nilven. . . At least it seemed so. It could be a figment of his imagination. But why? Why was she with him now? More importantly, why should he let Neloth live?

Then the warm, fresh colors of spring filled his mind, rich with promises of life. Memories, images he had never seen before flickered before his eyes. Suddenly he understood.

Rashei took a deep breath. He let the arrow go. It spun in the air, its deadly tip flying right towards his father on the ashen earth. With a sickening squelch, it was plunged right in the back of Ildari's neck directly below her skull. She froze, stunned. Quicker than one could blink, a cyan light flared in Neloth's palm. His telekinetic spell wreathed around her heartstone in cool shades before tearing it out in a single swift motion. Immediately Ildari fell into a crumpled heap. Her crimson eyes were glazed over as they stared at nothing. She did not get back up.

At the death of their master, the surrounding ashspawn released chilling shrieks. They were dissipating, melting back into the cinders below from which they came until they were nothing but glowing embers. In a matter of seconds, the destructive chaos of Tel Mithryn had dissolved into an eerie tranquility. All was quiet once more.

Neloth returned to his feet. He turned. Rashei felt his gaze burning into his skin as easily as fire. Shaking, no longer from anger, he made his way down from the tower with nimble leaps before finding himself before the wizard. He was alarmed to look into eyes so much like his own. The two had the same angular face and mouth shape, not to mention their eyes were quite similar.

Neloth grunted. "What a mess. Cleaning this up is going to be very. . . annoying. I suppose I have you to thank for stunning that wench, so I could rip that thrice-cursed stone from her chest." He spat, lip curled in disgust. "Damn apprentices. Nothing but trouble. 'Oooh, teach me this! Oooh, teach me that!' And now look! She almost killed me!" The Dunmer gave Ildari's corpse a well-deserved kick. Rashei could do nothing but stare. It was strange. His whole life, he had wanted nothing more than to take out his anger on the man he believed had caused it. He wanted to scream, to tear this foolish wizard to shreds, to cry. But now that he was actually before Neloth, he had no words.

Neloth must have taken his silence for being starstruck because he waved his hand dismissively. "The keyword is almost, of course. A Telvanni wizard such as myself will never fall to a lowly mage. Now, stop your gawking and clean this place up!" He snapped his fingers, causing Rashei to flinch out of his trance. Finally, he felt the lifelong anger boiling within, hot and steaming. "Don't tell me what to do," he growled. His voice was ominous, but that didn't bother Neloth.

"Why shouldn't I?" Neloth glared. "Who even are you? I do not recall inviting you to stand in my presence."

Rashei breathed in deeply and met his father's eyes. "Tell me. Are you familiar with the name Nilven?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts