Caravanners of Elsweyr - Khajiit Caravan Guild

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
As for #3, as I near closer to it, I will be requesting people to contribute their characters for the story. I will NOT be disregarding their backstories at all, but putting the viewpoint of Ri'Karav on them. Thanks.

In that case I suppose I'd better make time to update Khasrin's backstory soon. As I go to write fan fiction/RP with her, she's turned out differently than I first imagined.

AS88

Staff member
Where is everyone?

As for #3, as I near closer to it, I will be requesting people to contribute their characters for the story. I will NOT be disregarding their backstories at all, but putting the viewpoint of Ri'Karav on them. Thanks.

My absence these past few days has been down to moving into the new flat :) That's meant that I've been building furniture and fixing stuff rather than having time to set up my internet. As yet the internet still isn't working at my flat, but I'm still covered by the city-wide university wi-fi for now, which is a lifesaver :)

I think my backstory for J'Kaasha is more or less how it'll stay, fact-wise. Drop me a PM or something if you have any questions on how he'd react to something, etc

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Where is everyone?

My absence these past few days has been down to moving into the new flat :) That's meant that I've been building furniture and fixing stuff rather than having time to set up my internet. As yet the internet still isn't working at my flat, but I'm still covered by the city-wide university wi-fi for now, which is a lifesaver :)

I think my backstory for J'Kaasha is more or less how it'll stay, fact-wise. Drop me a PM or something if you have any questions on how he'd react to something, etc
Thanks. It will be a bit until I begin, however I appreciate y'all getting everything together. I am actually really excited about the 3 W's though. Its time someone stands for the most misunderstood faction.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Who knows, maybe you can change my personal view on the Thalmor.

As for Majir-Dar (character)... I still haven't decided on his view of the Thalmor.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Who knows, maybe you can change my personal view on the Thalmor.

As for Majir-Dar (character)... I still haven't decided on his view of the Thalmor.
He should have no opinion.

A common misconception is that the Thalmor are the Aldmeri Dominion. They are the ruling political party. That's like refering to the US as the Democrats
The Thalmor also don't exist in the 2nd or even 3rd Era. In fact, the Thalmor are only about 150 years old by the time of Skyrim.

I would say more, but I will address all this the 3 W's.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Ah well, seems like I was mistaken. I never really cared to research the Thalmor or the Aldmeri Dominion (due to their association with the Thalmor). I guess I'm off to the UESP.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
We're on Shoddycast once more!

He listed a part which J intended to be just for them, but... Shoddycast!

Does anyone mind if I donate again?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Who are the Va Khaj Dar? Are they competition of sorts?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Their name translates to: Is Sand Clever. What an odd name, it's more of a question isn't it?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
It's nice to know they're very controlling, here's a quote.

You may never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a superior Va Khaj Dar.

-One of their "Tenets"

The freedom that the Caravanners of Elsweyr provides should attract far more people.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit

As far as Khajiit guilds go, Va Khaj Dar are our primary competition (in terms of size, anyway). But as you can see, their aims are quite different from our own...whereas we intend to be a rather close-knit band of essentially honest tradesmen, they're taking more of a "Khajiit mafia" approach :rolleyes: Can't say it appeals to me much, either.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte

As far as Khajiit guilds go, Va Khaj Dar are our primary competition (in terms of size, anyway). But as you can see, their aims are quite different from our own...whereas we intend to be a rather close-knit band of essentially honest tradesmen, they're taking more of a "Khajiit mafia" approach :rolleyes: Can't say it appeals to me much, either.
That sums it up nicely...

I formed this Caravan intending on a very free type of government. The Va Khaj Dar are a very feudalist form of Khajiiti caravan. The only reason thry are so large is technically speaking they formed first. Then they absorbed all these smaller guilds into "The Southern Alliance" which is Va Dar, their leader, way to keep him in power.

In fact, I believe that we were invited into the Southern alliance. Roq'ja had enough foresight to avoid that disaster.

We hate them, they are to oblivious to know our size. It's pretty simple.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
You guys may or may not want to see this.

re: Va Khaj Dar Caravan reputation

by Dar-zhinski on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:31:20

Funnily enough, this one received an almost identical offer of membership from these "honest" 'Profiteers of Elseweyr' about a month ago: At the time we responded that the VKD was not really an outfit from which one "retires" (not wishing to end up at the bottom of Senchal harbour). This one suggested an association via the Southern Brotherhood, probably this was what this Roq'ja and his council rejected. It's a pity Khi'Dek isn't about to deal with these matters... DarZhinski is at best a ham-fisted diplomat.

This one would suggest, if authorized, that what should be done is that an offer of membership should be extended to this Roq'ja in a "liaison" capacity... this way VKD and "Caravanneers" could have access to each others' guild-stores, enabling mutual trade and profit; one of our merchants would have to receive reciprocal access in return. If this worked, then despite differences of opinion, all would be happy Khajiit.

Of course, if it didn't work... say "Caravanneer" dishonestly makes-off with VKD goods, or queers-the-pitch with regard VKD operations... then it would be "game-on". This one imagines there would be room enough at the bottom of Senchal harbour for the entirety of this (so far five-strong) caravan.

P.S.: Wonder how many others have received invitations from Roq'ja? Khajiit seems like a decent sort... but should really stop "poaching". As for further insinuations of "more honest work", these would be deserving of a box round the ears.
- See more at: http://va-khaj-dar.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9615244&gid=284683#sthash.TgCopX3n.dpuf

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Here's a link to the page: http://va-khaj-dar.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9615244&gid=284683

We are mentioned throughout and insulted quite a bit.
I suspected as much... Although they claim we're a 5 person guild, we have about 20 members now (Is that right?) Shoddycast has been a wise investment. I don't see the Va Dar following suit.

I don't want any open hostilities, but I'll tell you this. The VKD is no friend of Khajiit. If problems continue, I will go to my friends at the 107th. I feel like a war is brewing...

One final thing, for you VKD spies. When you play the game of caravans, you win or you die. Tell that to your Renji leader...

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
I think you mean 'Renrij', not Renji, :p

AS88

Staff member
P.S.: Do DarZavaan or RaKhaja have an account on "Tamriel Foundry"?... via PM would seem the easiest way to send a message. Know that QaDar does... but wouldn't want to bother the man... besides, an intercession by such a "big gun" might give these other Khajiit an eff'ing heart-attack. - See more at: http://va-khaj-dar.guildlaunch.com/...5244&gid=284683#sthash.TgCopX3n.Ryxq0t2j.dpuf

Wow, I think they're getting a little big for their boots over there.

Also, it seems that they have no idea that we discuss a lot of stuff on here, I think we should keep it that way.

I can feel a bitter rivalry shrouded in careful dealings and thoughtful negotiations coming on...

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
By the way, I was planning on talking with the 107th's leader who's name I forgot to spell. Anything you all want me to talk about?

AS88

Staff member
By the way, I was planning on talking with the 107th's leader who's name I forgot to spell. Anything you all want me to talk about?

Aerinir?

a) Possibilities of them helping us on adventuring? (Only to be used if our own bodyguards are busy, etc, or if we may need a little extra firepower, for example if we come across any 'rivals' or head through Cyrodiil)
b) Any thoughts on the trade system and how we'll operate alongside them, and live up to our deal, following news on trading. Specifically, details on our deal for weapons, etc
c) Forming an alliance involving other guilds, acting to limit Va Khaj's advantage over us in terms of network. Not so much an iron first ruling over their alliance - "know that QaDar does... but wouldn't want to bother the man" (that message actually insulted me it's so patronising) -, we should be guilds on more or less equal footing, but with an agreement to use each other as preferred partners. More of a moral agreement rather than a contract written in blood.

Thoughts?

AS88

Staff member
Also, FYI, Setsunax is a member of Va Khaj Dar, as well as our guild.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts