• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I have just started using the Creation Kit. I can use all the facilities within it very easily. I can load the Skyrim Data, I can create a plugin, I can see render windows, I can build a custom weapon or dungeon or what-have-you. I am not using any mods, and I haven't "tampered" with Skyrim or any of its pieces. I have an Asus K53T laptop (all bloatware removed) with Windows 7, 4gb ram, 64-bit OS, AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon 6700M series graphics card. The problem comes when I try to save the plugin.

I get the save box to partially load, and it immediately freezes the entire CK. I can wait for an hour and nothing will change. As soon as I click on one of the windows, it will give me the (not responding) in the title bar. I can click the X to prompt the "CK is not responding, would you like to close the program or wait for it to respond?" message. This happens no matter what conditions I save under. I can save as the first thing I do, before I even load the Skyrim Data and it will freeze just like this. I cannot understand at all what is going on.

Through Internet research I have found people speaking of moving the d3d9.dll out of the editor and onto the desktop during the saving process. I don't know what these people are talking about so I haven't tested it yet. I have also heard to run the program as an administrator? But I don't know what that means either, so I come to you all for some help!

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
For the sake of helping others, if anyone comes across this post and is also looking for an answer: I was able to fix it by running Steam as an administrator. I exited out of Steam, then right-clicked on it and selected "Run as an Administrator" and proceeded to start up the Creation Kit. It worked just fine and I was able to save. I don't know why I needed to run Steam in Adminstrator mode, or what that really does, but the point is it worked.

DarkFox127

This does seem to be a new glitch that people have been having, or at least I have anyway. Whenever I create a new mod I have to save straight away before I have changed anything otherwise when I go to save after creating anything it just crashes. Glad you have found a fix, I may try that myself, thanks.

Wedox

I had the exactly same problem but i never really fixed it, i learned to be patient.

The fact is, if you touch any CK window when there is a bigger process going on, it will go unreponsive.
Right after you load the data files, click the save icon, if it bugs out, just try again. Finally it will simply save, and thats when you start modding, because from that moment onwards it will simply save as it should whenever you click the save icon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts