Can't get Lydia to move house???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bosmernagini

Hi there :)

I used to live in Breezehome, but since then I built my own house and moved my family in. However I can't seem to get Lydia to move in with us. All it comes up with when I talk to her are the usual questions about what a thane is.

Can anyone help me?

CHUBBY_RYNO

Unless Lydia is your wife, or if you have made her your Steward, she will not be able to move in with you at your new home. Although if you are looking for someone similar to Lydia to live with you, each hold that allows you to build a home. (Dawnstar, Morthal, and Falkreath) will give you a Housecarl once you become thane of the respective holds. these followers/Housecarls are as follows.

Dawnstar - Gregor
Morthal - Valdimar
Falkreath - Rayya

bosmernagini

Oh ok, so I need to get the housecarl for the particular area that I built the house in? That makes sense I suppose...

What do you mean by steward? I want her to get me a cow and a musician and all that jazz. Is that what a steward is, and if so, how do I make somebody my steward?

CHUBBY_RYNO

Yes, that is what a steward does. To make someone your steward, simply bring the follower you would like to become the steward to the home you have built and then interact with them, you can then ask them to become your steward. this will give them several new options such as furnishing your home, buying animals, and bards.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts