PC Can make new games but can't load or continue later saves?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dimyell

I play on PC with MO2, LE classic Skyrim. I have a decently modded skyrim (Just above 100 mods) and have been having issues lately. I can't continue or load most of my later saves. I fiddled around with my mods for long periods of times and found some success, mostly by deleting all my modded companions, and a couple other mods. If i reactivate them one by one, however, the results are inconsistent and sometimes i can continue saves and sometimes i can't, with no particular companion having the direct effect. It just infinitely loads, and i can't Alt tab. I've also fiddled with other mods relating to companions but no luck there either. I can't get my crash logs because the game doesn't actually crash.

I fear that some files might be misplaced (A manual patch, SKSE, etc) But i did delete and reinstall the steam skyrim file save for the SKSE bits and it didn't fix anything. I do have papyrus logs but only before the infinite loading. I can consistently make new games and can run around without crashing, but as soon as i save and quit i can't directly load the save. I can, however, load a new save and then jump onto the older one and it typically works? I'm honestly completely stumped as to what could cause this issue, because the actual gameplay has zero. Would appreciate advice on the matter and i'm happy to show the logs i do have if needed. I use Loot, quickclean TESV5 and various other 3rd party assisting software.(All of which was recommended)

Dimyell

Now the game only crashes (Which is far better because i can just reopen the game) during loading screens. I can access any save by loading a new one first still, but continue also still doesn't work. It's went off a couple times, but even if i close the game and reopen it with 0 file changes, it just doesn't work anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts