• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have a small dilemma. I enjoy the look of the bound bow, but am put off by the inability to upgrade it beyond the increased bound damage perk. I have heard that regular bows can get to the point where you can consistently one- and two-shot most enemies. Can using a bound bow ever get close to this? How much +bow damage enchantments would I need to get in order to do so?

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
No I don't think so. Just choose the damage and critical shot perks. You won't have as good damage but it will be ok.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Based on my (albeit limited) research, the Bound Bow with Mystic Binding will do 24 base damage, plus 24 from the Bound Arrows, for a total of 48. With the right perks it'll also have Soul Trap and Banish.

A Daedric Bow is 19 base damage plus 24 for Daedric Arrows (good luck finding a ready supply of those), but improved to Legendary quality (requiring 91 smithing with the perk) the bow can be improved to 29 - for a total output of 53. It can also be enchanted however you like.

The main difference is that you can cast a Bound Bow at full power with a mere 50 conjuration and 4 perks, and get essentially limitless arrows, whereas the Daedric Bow will require a much larger investment of time and gold.