• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Just wondered if many others have enjoyed Bioshock 1 & 2, and are eagerly awaiting Bioshock Infinite like myself.

Also, is anyone upset that the latest instalment isn't set in Rapture?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I played the first Bioshock and beat it. However, for the life of me I can't figure out why I didn't enjoy the game like I thought I would. I should probably give the second one a go, but that may be a while down the road.

The second one is far better than the first in my opinion, you are in a big daddy suit, and can use a drill arm like a mining drill, plus you have to kill big sisters, which are 5 times more difficult than big daddies.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Loved the bioshock series, just wish they didn't show trailers for Infinte that at the time wouldn't be released for 1 1/2 years -.-

Ahh I know! I saw the Infinite trailer ages ago and was expecting it late 2011, only to realise it was going to be some time in 2012 (still TBC as far as I know) I am a little dissapointed myself that it's not in Rapture, I love that underwater ambience, oh well, I trust 2K games to make it a classic! Just wish more people were into it, although it's nice to be fond of something that doesn't have a massive following.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I played Bioshock 2 and it was pretty awesome. Not as amazing in terms of story as the first one but the gameplay was more fun except for that protecting little sister part. And they also just crammed in boring multiplayer in the game... Bioshock infinite sounds interesting but I don't think I'll be getting it. Not sure why. Maybe I just miss Rapture already and steampunk city in the sky sounds kind of ridiculous to me. Is there any notable gameplay difference I should be aware of?

As far as I'm aware they are using a different game engine, so gameplay changes should be very noticeable.

I miss Rapture too, but I'm willing to explore this new sky world in pursuit of this girl.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
If it's not in Rapture, it's not Bioshock to me. Huge fan of the Bioshock games, and was really disappointed that the new one is placed in the sky. No more Big Daddies and you have to protect some bitch. No thanks. I'll pass.

Dzylon

The coolest part of the series for me was ***SPOILERS*** at the end of the second one, where you had to go past the crosswalk and you could look down to see the massive creature that produces all the ADAM.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I don’t really care since I wasn’t too fond of that setting anyway. And the game itself isn’t all that fun either. I mean come on ... dying has no consequences whatsoever? Who came up with that retarded idea?

I don’t really care since I wasn’t too fond of that setting anyway. And the game itself isn’t all that fun either. I mean come on ... dying has no consequences whatsoever? Who came up with that retarded idea?

But that's pretty much the protocol for every game...

Dzylon

Dying hasn't had consequences since Sonic days. If you want a challenge, play on hard mode, like I did.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

So you play a game to die and get stuff taken away?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You guys misunderstood.

There is no point in avoiding dying in Bioshock. Actually, it makes more sense to die instead of healing yourself and thus wasting money. Or ammunition, for that matter. Just swing that ol’ wrench and if you die, oh well, just run back to the enemy and keep swinging. That’s just a really bad design choice. You don’t fear dying anymore, it becomes even more mundane than it already is.

You guys misunderstood.

There is no point in avoiding dying in Bioshock. Actually, it makes more sense to die instead of healing yourself and thus wasting money. Or ammunition, for that matter. Just swing that ol’ wrench and if you die, oh well, just run back to the enemy and keep swinging. That’s just a really bad design choice. You don’t fear dying anymore, it becomes even more mundane than it already is.

I do see your point, however you can choose not to adopt that style of play and play the game properly, it is your choice after all.

Dzylon

You guys misunderstood.

It's been a while since I've played, but I know for a fact Big Daddies and the other larger enemies regenerate substantial amounts of health when you die. I'm not sure about splicers and other less significant enemies.

skindog

I loved bioshock (hence my avatar, my little sister costume) and honestly I'm not disappointed in the slightest that the setting has changed. There was only so much rapture to explore, I think if infinite was set there too the setting would just get boring. Embrace the change!

I agree to some extent that the setting needs mixing up after two games in Rapture, but I will miss it, and I'm not too keen on the travelling across the sky on the runners from the look of it, I'll see when I play it. Hoping that it has pretty high system requirements, judging by the 15 minutes of gameplay trailer the graphics look pretty crisp, and it's still being developed.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
It's been a while since I've played, but I know for a fact Big Daddies and the other larger enemies regenerate substantial amounts of health when you die. I'm not sure about splicers and other less significant enemies.
Well, considering that I defeated a respawning Big Daddy by aforementioned approach I know for a fact that whatever regeneration might be going on there is not prohibiting that method from working :/

Dzylon

Well, considering that I defeated a respawning Big Daddy by aforementioned approach I know for a fact that whatever regeneration might be going on there is not prohibiting that method from working :/
What difficulty you playing on?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts