Beyond Death - Found Valerica, she won't come and talk?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
So, I found Valerica in the Soul Cairn, at the big castle thing. There's a sort of invisible wall preventing me from getting to her. The wiki says she'll approach and talk, but she won't. Anyone got any help, ways to fix this, or whatnot?

If it helps, I'm on the Dawnguard side, not the Volkihar side.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Same thing happened to me. Just wait for an hour.

Alright, will do. Didn't think of that.

I'll have to find my way back to her though, I was having fun hunting down Keepers and Arvak's skull.

EDIT - Waiting an hour didn't fix it, neither did waiting 24 hours or using Yol Toor Shul on Valerica.

Neriad13

Premium Member
She did that to me at first too, but she eventually came around. I think she might be triggered by proximity to Serana. Maybe if you tried getting Serana to come closer?

Or, alternately, if you're on PC:

Open the console (~).

Click on Valerica.

Type "moveto player"

It should move Valerica closer to you. There's also a high probability that it could break something, so definitely have backup saves ready. If you're at your wits' end, why not try it?

slee.ve

I had the same bug with this quest. The only fix I could find was moving Serana to my position while standing next to that invisible barrier.

Open console (~)

Click on Serana

Type 'moveto player'

Thanks to Neriad13, wouldn't have thought to try it otherwise. This didn't give me any other glitches, and I hope it helps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts