Best, of the three main builds?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I know that, that is why I checked in previous Elder Scroll games to see which class I matched.
I always said I'm an assassin class... now I'm nightblade class. ^^

EDIT: What lvl are you if you have all those skills?
The reson for the listing order was to reflect that not all of them are all the way to 100, but he really comes into his own at around 25-30 with enough Perks to spread around. 50 is, of course, better. Here's the final outfit:
ED4346E08CA197A25EDF1F1E85FB5E5FD914C5A0

Panthera

Don Gato
The reson for the listing order was to reflect that not all of them are all the way to 100, but he really comes into his own at around 25-30 with enough Perks to spread around. 50 is, of course, better. Here's the final outfit:
ED4346E08CA197A25EDF1F1E85FB5E5FD914C5A0
I have a little problem I cant decide if I would use 8 perks on enchant or I should use it on illusion tree 11 perks... the thing is if go with first option my end lvl will be 54 if I do the second option than I'll be able to get desired 49 lvl. But than I won't be able to enchant with stronger and with more enchantments per item. -.-

I have a little problem I cant decide if I would use 8 perks on enchant or I should use it on illusion tree 11 perks... the thing is if go with first option my end lvl will be 54 if I do the second option than I'll be able to get desired 49 lvl. But than I won't be able to enchant with stronger and with more enchantments per item. -.-
I did without Enchant entirely, since most of the gear (In the above outfit, all of it) comes pre-enchanted, and it's such a skill/perk heavy build to begin with. Pretty much the ultimate hybrid, though, as it uses skills from all 3 archetypes. Arcuably the most powerful, though.

If you're going to Enchant, you want Fire Enchanter (It governs Absorb Health, and Fire does the most damage for the least investment) and straight up the middle to Extra Effect. I went with Firey Soul Trap, and Absorb health, though Absorb Stamina/Magicka really helps for serial Backstabs to clear a room with Invisibility.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! Though you may want to Add: Archery for shooting down Dragons, and Alchemy for Poisons.

One of my most powerful builds was a pure unarmored Mage. BAMFO used Illusion, and Conjuration to get the enemy fighting each other, while Summons/Thralls killed them off. Invisibility lived in the Right Hand, to cast after every spell, so he was never targeted. I could take out Solitute, despite the endless POs, Imperial Soldiers, and Guardsmen as long as i didn't run out of Magicka. With Highborn, I did it in a loincloth, with no gear in Inventory. The Duration of Invisibility is long enough for your Magicka to recover while your Dremora Lords are running around killing everyone.

Panthera

Don Gato
Actually I'm not enchanting weapons only my armor, ring and necklace. My current character is an High Elf so I use only Elven equipment. After Improving it with my elven perk in smithing and enchanted gear which provides 20 or 25% (i'm not sure) improved smithing it will be the best armor in game. At least that was the plan...

Panthera

Don Gato
One of my most powerful builds was a pure unarmored Mage. BAMFO used Illusion, and Conjuration to get the enemy fighting each other, while Summons/Thralls killed them off. Invisibility lived in the Right Hand, to cast after every spell, so he was never targeted. I could take out Solitute, despite the endless POs, Imperial Soldiers, and Guardsmen as long as i didn't run out of Magicka. With Highborn, I did it in a loincloth, with no gear in Inventory. The Duration of Invisibility is long enough for your Magicka to recover while your Dremora Lords are running around killing everyone.
You just gave me idea for almost pure mage build.

By enchanting Illusion and Conjuration on 4 apparel items you can cast those spells for free while alteration because of the shape of the skill tree it provides you pretty much cheap spells.

You just gave me idea for almost pure mage build.

By enchanting Illusion and Conjuration on 4 apparel items you can cast those spells for free while alteration because of the shape of the skill tree it provides you pretty much cheap spells.
You don't need Sneak, at all. Muffle enchantments, and Invisibility means you can run full-tilt without being detected. Save your skill points on that. Also, you've got Atromancy with the Atronach perk, which means a 30% chance to fail every summon. The Dual Casting perks are pretty useless the way you're using them, too. Illusion is all right, to raise the levels you can Affect, but Alteration just increases the Duration, and so does Conjuration.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Panthera

Don Gato
You don't need Sneak, at all. Muffle enchantments, and Invisibility means you can run full-tilt without being detected. Save your skill points on that. Also, you've got Atromancy with the Atronach perk, which means a 30% chance to fail every summon. The Dual Casting perks are pretty useless the way you're using them, too. Illusion is all right, to raise the levels you can Affect, but Alteration just increases the Duration, and so does Conjuration.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
Ok lets make sneak optional... I kinda prefer to make simple, not constantly casting muffle and make more space for other enchantments. That was the point of adding dual casting to increasing duration.

Now the only problem is how on earth will you be able to fight at the beginning, kinda hard to lvl, until you reach lvl 30.
:)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't perks in sneak hide you in plain sight better than muffle would? Since muffle affects noise, but nothing else? Or is hiding in plain sight governed on the sneak skill alone and not the perks?

I just notice when I put perks into sneak it's almost like the enemies' lines of sight get worse and I have an easier time hiding in lit up places even if they're looking my direction.

edit: and that's with no perks high up the tree either, just the main harder to detect first one.

I guess if you're going to be invisible the whole time it doesn't matter, but personally I save my magicka and don't like to cast invisibility until right before I go in for a backstab and then right after I drop him if there's another in the room.

Panthera

Don Gato
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't perks in sneak hide you in plain sight better than muffle would? Since muffle affects noise, but nothing else? Or is hiding in plain sight governed on the sneak skill alone and not the perks?

I just notice when I put perks into sneak it's almost like the enemies' lines of sight get worse and I have an easier time hiding in lit up places even if they're looking my direction.

edit: and that's with no perks high up the tree either, just the main harder to detect first one.
I don't know abut muffle much because I don't use those enchantments but I do know that with silence perk you can stand up and walk or run behind person without him noticing you. Now if you combine this with invisibility... you can be like predator from movie. :D

Ok lets make sneak optional... I kinda prefer to make simple, not constantly casting muffle and make more space for other enchantments. That was the point of adding dual casting to increasing duration.

Now the only problem is how on earth will you be able to fight at the beginning, kinda hard to lvl, until you reach lvl 30.
:)
My starting combo is Fury, and Raise Dead. It works both primary schools, and as long as you're outnumbered, covers each others' weaknesses. You need a good follower for single opponents, though, and avoid Crypts until you can Affect Undead. I mostly did Forts, and Bandits for a while likeat. You can also hunt with Fury, and some offensive spell to kill it, like a Familiar. Once you get up to Apprentice, you can go beat up Vokun (The Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson realy helps with this) and get Flaming Familiar, you shouldn't need more of a Conjuration Trainer than that.

As soon as you get Invisibility, you won't need to Dual Cast anything. Keep it in your main hand, you won't need _flesh because you'll never get hit. As for Muffle, Destroy the Dark Brotherhood for the Shrouded Shoes (no Armor) and you should be set until you find something to Disenchant. (Great Enchanting trainer, second only to Waterbreathing for XP with Pettys.) That ought to handle the problems you needed Dual Cast for in the first place.

Panthera

Don Gato
My starting combo is Fury, and Raise Dead. It works both primary schools, and as long as you're outnumbered, covers each others' weaknesses. You need a good follower for single opponents, though, and avoid Crypts until you can Affect Undead. I mostly did Forts, and Bandits for a while likeat. You can also hunt with Fury, and some offensive spell to kill it, like a Familiar. Once you get up to Apprentice, you can go beat up Vokun (The Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson realy helps with this) and get Flaming Familiar, you shouldn't need more of a Conjuration Trainer than that.

As soon as you get Invisibility, you won't need to Dual Cast anything. Keep it in your main hand, you won't need _flesh because you'll never get hit. As for Muffle, Destroy the Dark Brotherhood for the Shrouded Shoes (no Armor) and you should be set until you find something to Disenchant. (Great Enchanting trainer, second only to Waterbreathing for XP with Pettys.) That ought to handle the problems you needed Dual Cast for in the first place.
Tnx I'll try that. Before when I did mage class i used destruction but it's a pain to hit anything with it. So I never really played as mage.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
I don't know which has potential to be the most over-powered, but all my mages turn out over-powered, while my warriors usually can kill pretty easily, but the fights aren't one hit or anything.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
None of them are the "best." It's all subjective. One person will like playing a warrior better, another will like mages, and yet another will prefer thieves.

I personally favor anything stealth-based. Even when I try to play a warrior or a mage, my sneak skill inevitably goes up. I have way more fun sneaking around strategically than just running in with my sword swinging. A quiet, clean kill, without your victim ever knowing you were there, is my favorite way to do it, whether it's with a poisoned arrow from a mile away or with a dagger to the throat. But that's just me!

Panthera

Don Gato
None of them are the "best." It's all subjective. One person will like playing a warrior better, another will like mages, and yet another will prefer thieves.

I personally favor anything stealth-based. Even when I try to play a warrior or a mage, my sneak skill inevitably goes up. I have way more fun sneaking around strategically than just running in with my sword swinging. A quiet, clean kill, without your victim ever knowing you were there, is my favorite way to do it, whether it's with a poisoned arrow from a mile away or with a dagger to the throat. But that's just me!
I'm the same... except for the poison arrow part. :D

TheLonelyWolve

My precious

I guess if you're going to be invisible the whole time it doesn't matter, but personally I save my magicka and don't like to cast invisibility until right before I go in for a backstab and then right after I drop him if there's another in the room.

Lets just say that, Muffle boots + Invisibility, is like, what 50+ in the sneak skills.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
My mage is very powerful, the only thing that stopped me was Draugr deathlords with bows and a low health, But I preferably want a class that best based on a Roleplay mode, I'd think warrior could be good, because lets say, your warrior could retire for a bit, and his armor and weapons are locked away, you would have to goto your house and get the items and then go out into a battle because your town in is trouble, where-as a mage, is basically wearing clothes anyway, and could pull out his spells straight away.

So this is what-else I was wondering any were best at. Or even none at all. Maybe all are fun, but in others opinions, what is most fun.

Edit: I like how Morrowind displayed a picture on there classes.

Panthera

Don Gato
My mage is very powerful, the only thing that stopped me was Draugr deathlords with bows and a low health, But I preferably want a class that best based on a Roleplay mode, I'd think warrior could be good, because lets say, your warrior could retire for a bit, and his armor and weapons are locked away, you would have to goto your house and get the items and then go out into a battle because your town in is trouble, where-as a mage, is basically wearing clothes anyway, and could pull out his spells straight away.

So this is what-else I was wondering any were best at. Or even none at all. Maybe all are fun, but in others opinions, what is most fun.

Edit: I like how Morrowind displayed a picture on there classes.
I had similar thoughts... If there would be possible to conjure dagger. I would go Assassin class with conjuration. :)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
You don't need Sneak, at all. Muffle enchantments, and Invisibility means you can run full-tilt without being detected. Save your skill points on that.
I really don't understand this line of reasoning. Why bother going through the process of either getting boots with the Muffle enchantment (which are few and far between, and requires you to join a faction unless you get super lucky and happen to find some in a shop, which is highly unlikely to actually happen), or casting Muffle all the time, and collecting ingredients to make invisibility potions with, or working your Illusion skill up high enough to get the spell and then casting that all the time. Seems to me that it's much easier to just sneak around a lot; by the time I'm at level 20 or so, I can sneak around undetected quite well, unless I run directly in front of someone. By level 40 I can run directly in front of someone. And I can do it without casting a spell or making potions.

Also, by "skill points" do you mean perks? If so, I usually only take the very first Stealth perk, and the Muffled Movement perk unless I'm already planning on joining the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood and using their Muffle-enchanted boots (and depending on my build, I'll go up the right side, but those perks are unrelated to being detected while sneaking). All you really need to use are two perks. On the other hand, if you want to successfully use invisibility spells, you'll have to use at least four perks in the Illusion tree to get Silent Casting, and you also might want to go up the left side and use another three perks to get Expert Illusion, unless you're not planning on using any magic other than invisibility spells. True, you don't have to use any perks if you get Muffle-enchanted boots and make invisibility potions, but that method has the disadvantages I mentioned above, plus the fact that you can't have any other enchantments on your boots (without being oh-so-lucky to find a disenchantable item with Muffle, and get your Enchanting skill up to 100 and use a bunch of perks to be able to put two enchantments on one item), and you run the risk of running out of invisibility potions.

TL;DR Building up your sneak skill and using two perks in the sneak tree is a far easier way to get around undetected, and you can do it at earlier levels.