• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Otto

My wife aela says that I was out of my mind for bringing her and my son to my falkreath home. Is there something it can do to make her happy or was all the work I put into this amazing fully furnished home a waste? I have a steward and pets and a hard and cows and stuff, but she seemed pissed, any help?

Saozig

Hippy
I can give the kids daggers? Hmm, why hasn't the daggers I've had on me shown up in the menu when I gave them gifts? Maybe they have to be non-enchanted ones?

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
My kids have matching enchanted dwarven daggers. You might want to make sure their not stolen.

Saozig

Hippy
I was able to give them both deadric dagger I made myself. I guess I didn't have any on me previously. I usually do. So, is the "toy sword" Blaise asked me for just a dagger then? Haven't found any item called a "toy sword" so far.

EDIT: Regarding the toy sword that Blaise requested: I have started a new character and now I can find wooden swords available. They're listed in the seller's weapons inventory. I'm assuming that's what the toy sword is.

I like that they both go down in the cellar and practice with the dummy now that they are equiped with daggers. However, Blaise brought home a mudcrab which I let him keep (we call it Fluffy), and sometimes Fluffy is down in the cellar in front of the dummy. When it is, the kid who's down there to practice just stands in front of it, posed to strike but doesn't do anything. If that I happens I tell them to go do their chores and the crab moves to another part of the house. I knew keeping Fluffy was a bad idea.

Did anyone notice that after you're added Hearthfire and you ask Lydia to follow you, her response to you asking to trade things with her has changed? Before it was that "I'm sworn to carry your burdens" that made her sound like she was sick and tired of lugging your crap around. Now it's "I am at your command" in a much more agreeable tone.

I hope Marcurio's response hasn't changed. I love his indignant "I'm an apprentice wizard, not a pack mule! Oh, very well, but make it quick!" that stills makes me laugh even after hearing a gazillion times. Seriously need to marry that guy...

KattSand

Premium Member
I hope Marcurio's response hasn't changed. I love his indignant "I'm an apprentice wizard, not a pack mule! Oh, very well, but make it quick!" that stills makes me laugh even after hearing a gazillion times. Seriously need to marry that guy...

His response hasn't changed but a word of warning though, if you marry him he for some reason, stops making random comments about stuff and places when he is your follower, he's just veeery quiet...all the time. I'm never getting married to him again that's for sure, he's no fun when he's playing the silent game.

Saozig

Hippy
His response hasn't changed but a word of warning though, if you marry him he for some reason, stops making random comments about stuff and places when he is your follower, he's just veeery quiet...all the time. I'm never getting married to him again that's for sure, he's no fun when he's playing the silent game.
Oh no! My heart breaks! :oops: No, Marcurio, don't change for me!

That's a real pity. That one line "I suppose you intend to carry off every item of value in these ruins?" always make me feel like I'm already married to him! :p

I am on my 6th character and have never gotten around to doing the marriage quest, but now that we have Hearthfire, I was hoping to have my newest character get married. I knew that Marcurio was glitchy if you married him but I hadn't heard that before. I love his chattiness and up-beat, laid back, mildly sarcastic tone, even though I've spent hours playing with him as a follower and have heard every line countless time. Maybe I'll marry someone else and have an illicit affair with Marcurio on the side..."Oh, dear, I've going adventuring again. No, you can stay home with the kids. I'll get Marcurio to 'accompany' me..."

KattSand

Premium Member
Oh no! My heart breaks! :oops: No, Marcurio, don't change for me!

That's a real pity. That one line "I suppose you intend to carry off every item of value in these ruins?" always make me feel like I'm already married to him! :p

I am on my 6th character and have never gotten around to doing the marriage quest, but now that we have Hearthfire, I was hoping to have my newest character get married. I knew that Marcurio was glitchy if you married him but I hadn't heard that before. I love his chattiness and up-beat, laid back, mildly sarcastic tone, even though I've spent hours playing with him as a follower and have heard every line countless time. Maybe I'll marry someone else and have an illicit affair with Marcurio on the side..."Oh, dear, I've going adventuring again. No, you can stay home with the kids. I'll get Marcurio to 'accompany' me..."

I too am having an affair with him moahaha! Farkas will never know. I figured it would be nice to have some movement in the house with hearthfire so I married Farkas but kept Marcurio as my follower/dirty love affair.

I love his comments when you're in a mine, especially "wouldn't you rather explore.. say a nice tavern?"

Saozig

Hippy
You just gave me a RP idea for how to play my latest character, KattSand. ;) I think I'm going to have to start a journal or at least visit the RP forum.

nokmirt

How much does it cost to build the house? I know it was 5 grand for the land. It will probably be awhile before I can build one. I have over 5000 gold to buy the plot.

Saozig

Hippy
How much does it cost to build the house? I know it was 5 grand for the land. It will probably be awhile before I can build one. I have over 5000 gold to buy the plot.
As I mentioned int he other thread, 5000 gets you the plot of land and the materials to build the basic house that will be there when you visit your plot of land after you buy it.. You will need a little extra for some of the material you can't mine on your property or collect in the wild, such as straw, glass, logs and goat horns (unless you want to go around trying to kill a bunch of goats).

You also need to get the letter from Jarl Siddgeir in Falkreath, or go there and introduce yourself, do some favors for people in town and wait for his letter.

The basic house you can build there is a really nice low-level player house--it has a bed, a chest, some storage barrels and a cooking kettle. Plus the chest outside that contains your starter building materials is a "safe" container that you can store anything without it disappearing when the environment respawns.

And of course you can expand on the house later on and get things like an alchemy lab and an enchanter when you build the hall and wings.

You can also buy Breezehome if you've completed the Dragon Rising quest, for 5000, and it will have a bed and chest without buying the furnishing. But there's sometimes a glitch if you use the house before buying the furnishing--things like the weapons racks won't work. And I don't know if Bethesda ever made a patch to fix that. But to be safe, just buy Breezehome and all the furnishings at once, and that's about 7200 gold.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Hey, after getting Hearthfire, do you have to make a new character before any of the new items to build your house with spawn in general stores? Or am I just looking in the wrong spot?

Ivory

Let's Player
Probably wait 2 days for shops to restock and look in misc if you just barely got it.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Well,
Probably wait 2 days for shops to restock and look in misc if you just barely got it.
Well, in the save it had already been a few days, so I checked the shop when I went to buy some more iron for nails and fittings, and lo and behold a wooden sword was for sale.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Really funny story about the bard I hired. Every time I ask him to play the age of oppression, he says "You must be a stormcloak through and through to request that one." Then he plays the age of aggression instead. I was like wha? the first time, and the second I just laughed.

Ivory

Let's Player
My roommate got a female bard voiced by the woman in dawnstar. Her singing of Ragnar the red is out right horribad. Makes for a hell of a laugh though.

Dag Ehlnada

You cant buy the property in falkreath if you killed the old steward for the dark brotherhood. DONT buy this expansion unless you dont want all you're paying for.

Joe446

Sonny A Ham
in Skyrim I cant find Rayya does she just randomly walk to places I need help is there a command that I can use to move her to me ?

I dont normally like stuff like harthfire dlc, but i thought it gave a real survivalist type of feel to the game, and ive invested alot!!! of gold and iron ingots into building windstad manor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts