Anyone else believe in elven supremacy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I believe that if any race has the right to rule it's the Elves and more specifically the Altmer, they were the original inhabitants of Tamriel before the Nords or any other race arrived, the elves were there first, they were in Skyrim before the Nords so Skyrim most definitely is not the Nords home land it's the elves and that's fact not opinion.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I believe that if any race has the right to rule it's the Elves and more specifically the Altmer, they were the original inhabitants of Tamriel before the Nords or any other race arrived, the elves were there first, they were in Skyrim before the Nords so Skyrim most definitely is not the Nords home land it's the elves and that's fact not opinion.
Prove it Pointy Ears! I'm a Nord and will ignore the facts! Actually, I would be very interested in finding out this actual history. Can you refer to a specific place in the Wiki so I can take a look and make myself familiar? I'm thinking about playing an Altmer on my next build.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The "Elves" are not a race. It's a generic term for several offshoots of the Aldmer. The race that was in Skyrim first were the Dwemer, followed by the Falmer. The Atmoran Nords were there before any of the existing Mer races so by you're line of thought it would be consistent to propose that they have legitimate claim over Skyrim over any existing race in Tamriel including the Altmer, Bosmer and Dunmer.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.

Tell me. Who or what gives you the right to rule? Yourselves?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The "Elves" are not a race. It's a generic term for several offshoots of the Aldmer. The race that was in Skyrim first were the Dwemer, followed by the Falmer. The Atmoran Nords were there before any of the existing Mer races so by you're line of thought it would be consistent to propose that they have legitimate claim over Skyrim over any existing race in Tamriel including the Altmer, Bosmer and Dunmer.

I say the Mede Dynasty has legitimate claim over Skyrim. It has belonged to the Third Empire since Tiber Septim became Emperor in 2E 854 and then it was reaffirmed in 4E 17 when Skyrim endorsed Titus Mede as their Emperor. :D

That land is the property of the Imperials. :p

Suleku

The Grey Knight
I say we Greater Races ( All Mer, excluding Orsimer, Dunmer and the vile Falmer (Not the surviving Ancient ones) and our fellow Khajiit and Hist-Blooded brethren join Forces against the Lesser human races of Imperials, Nords, Redguards, Bretons and all other Impurities that Plague Tamriel.

>.> Only thing good around here is getting a few of those eleven chicks in bed with me... the male ones I really don't care for... and kill them immediately on sight :)

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
I say we Greater Races ( All Mer, excluding Orsimer, Dunmer and the vile Falmer (Not the surviving Ancient ones) and our fellow Khajiit and Hist-Blooded brethren join Forces against the Lesser human races of Imperials, Nords, Redguards, Bretons and all other Impurities that Plague Tamriel.

All mer excluding 3/6 mer. And how are the argonians related to mer blood by any chance? The argonians are by far the most resourceful race in all Tamriel, while having an unbreachable homeland. They never have, and will never fell under any sort of dominion. They are way to awesome for that.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!

They are not the NATIVES of Tamriel, and neither are the nords. Elves come from aldmeris, not from tamriel. The khajiit and the argonians are the true natives, the atmorians and the aldmerians invaded our land.

>High Elves claiming to be the superior race

Sload_big.jpg

I don't even need to explain this

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
The elves have their part to play in Tamriel but are they superior to mankind? I doubt it. The elves and mankind have been fighting each other in one way or another for ages and one has never really proven supremacy over the other in my opinion.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thalmor are all talk, going on about how superior they are. I believe the Thalmor are weaker than they let on and have less power within the Empire and within their own lands, than they would have you believe.

Isilmo Dulomedhel

Grandmaster of the Dulomedhel

All mer excluding 3/6 mer. And how are the argonians related to mer blood by any chance? The argonians are by far the most resourceful race in all Tamriel, while having an unbreachable homeland. They never have, and will never fell under any sort of dominion. They are way to awesome for that.

I never Stated that Argonians are related to Mer by blood. I only mentioned their greatest heritage being the Hist-blooded. By fellow I mean the Elder Races of Beast and Mer.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Whether Altmer themselves were the original inhabitants of Skyrim is not really important, because neither were the Nords, however Elves, in other words Mer, were the 1st inhabitants of Skyrim, if it was the dwemer for example they are elves and definitely more closely related to the Altmer than the Nords.
Again whether 1 race of the elves like the Altmer have the right to rule is debatable but I believe that collectively all Mer whether it be dwemer, famler, altmer, bosmer, dunmer etc have a greater claim to rule skyrim than all the races of men or either of the beast races.
The reason it is so often the Altmer is because they are the most powerful of the existing elven races in Skyrim no other race of elves could conquer tamriel, this is why the dominion exists to unite all mer and prove superiority over men, obviously there are differences in beliefs between the mer just like there are between the redguards and imperials and imperials and some nords but ultimately mer>>>Men

Dagmar

Whether Altmer themselves were the original inhabitants of Skyrim is not really important...
In point of fact it's central to the "we were here first" argument (which isn't particularly persuasive in and of itself) because they are completely different races and cultures. The fact that they can claim common ancestry is no more a valid basis to assert that they have a more legitimate claim than the Nords to Skyrim than someone claiming that because they had the same great great grand uncle as someone else they're more entitled to the house that another person has been living in for the past 50 years because it used to belong to that someone else who had the same great great grand uncle. It's simply not a persuasive argument.

In addition, by that line of thought the Bretons have an equal claim to Skyrim because they are as directly descended from the Aldmer as any of the existing Mer races.
The reason it is so often the Altmer is because they are the most powerful of the existing elven races in Skyrim no other race of elves could conquer tamriel...
The Dunmer would take issue with that statement. The very same Dunmer who gave Tiber Septim the means to defeat the Aldmeri Dominion. The Dunmer are the only race of Mer that were able to have its members actually ascend to divinity. The Altmer have never even come close to conquering Tamriel so attributing that as the basis for the claim that they're the most powerful of the existing elven races isn't a valid basis. Unlike the Altmer, the Dunmer were never conquered by the Empire.
Obviously there are differences in beliefs between the mer...
The Dunmer are descended from the Chimer who emigrated to Morrowind as a direct result of the open conflict between the Altmer and the Chimer when they were merely the Velothi. The fact that they chose to join the Empire and provide Tiber Septim with the means to destroy the Aldmeri Dominion of that time is indicative of more than minor differences in beliefs.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
Whether Altmer themselves were the original inhabitants of Skyrim is not really important, because neither were the Nords, however Elves, in other words Mer, were the 1st inhabitants of Skyrim, if it was the dwemer for example they are elves and definitely more closely related to the Altmer than the Nords.
Again whether 1 race of the elves like the Altmer have the right to rule is debatable but I believe that collectively all Mer whether it be dwemer, famler, altmer, bosmer, dunmer etc have a greater claim to rule skyrim than all the races of men or either of the beast races.
The reason it is so often the Altmer is because they are the most powerful of the existing elven races in Skyrim no other race of elves could conquer tamriel, this is why the dominion exists to unite all mer and prove superiority over men, obviously there are differences in beliefs between the mer just like there are between the redguards and imperials and imperials and some nords but ultimately mer>>>Men

What makes the altmer the stronger race? What do you have that the dunmer for example don't?
What does an altmer posses that makes him superior over man, in any way? I mean sure, they have the power to talk to the divines directly, they are masters of magic from the day they are born, they have silent farts and blah blah blah, but that dosen't make them all-knowing, that dosen't make them invincible, as proved before. If they were invincible, Tiber Septim wouldn't have conquered them.

The argonians, for example, ar far superior to the altmer, they way I see it. I mean you can talk to a god that can tell you "jaja, keep worshiping me" , but the argonians can talk to trees who will tell them the fluffing future. That is what I call all-knowing. Also Black Marsh is the only part of Tamriel which was not completely invaded by Tiber Septim, which makes them superior not only to the elves, but to the men also.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Orc supremacy FTW!!! Seriously my Orc mage *who happens to be the only mage character i've ever created* could make anybodies dragonborn cry, make lizard scaled boots outa any Argonian, skin any cat, fry the pointy ears off any elf, and eat any nord, breton, or redguard for breakfast!
just sayin. ;)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary

What makes the altmer the stronger race? What do you have that the dunmer for example don't?
What does an altmer posses that makes him superior over man, in any way? I mean sure, they have the power to talk to the divines directly, they are masters of magic from the day they are born, they have silent farts and blah blah blah, but that dosen't make them all-knowing, that dosen't make them invincible, as proved before. If they were invincible, Tiber Septim wouldn't have conquered them.

The argonians, for example, ar far superior to the altmer, they way I see it. I mean you can talk to a god that can tell you "jaja, keep worshiping me" , but the argonians can talk to trees who will tell them the fluffing future. That is what I call all-knowing. Also Black Marsh is the only part of Tamriel which was not completely invaded by Tiber Septim, which makes them superior not only to the elves, but to the men also.
Well it's all opinion anyway really isn't it, there's various arguments all with valid points to who has a right to skyrim and other things, theres no outright right or wrong answer which is what makes TES story so good.

I was basing my opinion on the Altmer being the strongest based on current circumstances in the game, the Dunmer have been all but destroyed by the argonians, the empire were forced into submitting to a treaty which favours the dominion, redguards also are isolated.
Don't get me wrong I like all races of tamriel and have played as every race, the reason i don't put argonians on the same level is simply because they probably wouldn't even be able to survive in environments like skyrim let alone fight, the reason they weren't fully conquered is more due to the hostility of their home region than actual military might, a place like blackmarsh would be easy to defend with the argonians guerrilla tactics but if they were to leave and fight a head on fight in different terrain i think the story would be a lot different, like with the dunmer the argonians surprised them but in an outright fight i think the dunmer would have beaten the argonians.
It's all opinion really though and there are various different scenarios that could effect victory for either side such as having the dragonborn at the head of their armies.

Dagmar

....the Dunmer have been all but destroyed by the argonians....
The Dunmer were not all but destroyed by the Saxhleel. The Saxhleel took southern portions of Morrowind. Much of that territory was originally part of Argonia before Morrowind conquered it during the Arnesian War between Morrowind and Argonia and held by Morrowind for less than half a century. The Dunmer armies eventually stopped their advance although it's not clear what the exact borders of Morrowind look like now. We do know that Argonia controls at least up to the area of what was once Vvardenfell because the Dunmer Spellsword Sul states so in The Infernal City. Control of that area is somewhat meaningless though because it's a desolate uninhabitable wasteland since the Ministry of Truth fell from the Sky and the Red Mountain erupted, both of which did far more damage than the Accession War. While we don't know the geographic size of Morrowind, we do know it has a considerable army to have stopped the Argonian advance and we know it gained territory to the north when Skyrim ceded Solthsheim to it after the Red Year, so it's a grotesque overstatement to say that Morrowind is all but destroyed.
....the empire were forced into submitting to a treaty which favours the dominion....
The Aldmeri Dominion lost every single soldier in Cyrodiil as a result. Its forces were so decimated that it couldn't even reinforce its struggling army in Hammerfell and lost all the territory it had been granted under the White-Gold Concordat to the Redguard resistance
....redguards also are isolated.
I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean. Hammerfell is an independent nation. That doesn't make it isolated. The borders between the Empire and Hammerfell are open. We know this because the Alik'r are allowed to move freely in most of Skyrim.
....the reason i don't put argonians on the same level is simply because they probably wouldn't even be able to survive in environments like skyrim let alone fight...
The only way one could make a statement like this is if one has never played Skyrim or they avoided the cities of Windhelm, Riften and Solitude for the entire game. There's an entire area of Windhelm populated by them. They also survived the ash scarred lands of Morrowind surrounding Vvardenfell so it's pretty clear that they're as adaptable to any climate or environment as any Mer, more so because they can move freely underwater.
....the reason they weren't fully conquered is more due to the hostility of their home region than actual military might...
The Saxhleel had the only standing army that actually repelled the Daedra invasion during the Oblivion Crisis. They actually were following the Daedra through the Oblivion Gate and the Daedra sealed the gate to protect themselves against the Saxhleel. The Saxhleel have no ambitions for world conquest but equating that to not having formidable military capabilities when needed would be a serious mistake.