Any Distractions while playing?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
My cat generally demands the use of my lap at some point during my game time. He jumps up and then stares at me waiting for me to scratch his head. When he gets nothing (since I am occupied) he leaps from my lap to the back of the couch. I expect he does this because it messes with my aim. . .

this is exactly what my cat does. i know them feels bro.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I have a pair of adjustable dumbbells in the basement where my game is kept. I do sets of lateral raises during the loading screens, sometimes. A warrior must train when the opportunity presents.

Aside from that, I too have a cat. Seems most here do. My cat is simply loud. She announces her presence with a resound "Reaaooow!" And then, "ROAAAAAAAWOOHH!!!!!" Over and over.... she is part Siamese.

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Hubby always seems to come in right in the middle of a Boss fight. Usually to ask me where something is...or what to cook for dinner..or something random he just saw on tv.

My kitteh meows at me at the window and tries to stick his head through the security screen... He hasn't been that small since he was a kitten.

Sometimes my son will come in to watch for a bit. Weird things always happen when he is watching. We've shared a good laugh over some really crazy glitches.

Jewels

POTATO
Hubby always seems to come in right in the middle of a Boss fight. Usually to ask me where something is...or what to cook for dinner..or something random he just saw on tv.

My kitteh meows at me at the window and tries to stick his head through the security screen... He hasn't been that small since he was a kitten.

Sometimes my son will come in to watch for a bit. Weird things always happen when he is watching. We've shared a good laugh over some really crazy glitches.
Aww, you have a son? How sweet :)
My dad does the same thing. He would come in and tell me a joke or ask what I want for my birthday. (It's less than a month off, so people have been bugging me of that question) My oldest little brother, who is 8, watches me all the time and he once got off the game he was playing just so he can watch me play Skyrim. Sometimes I give him a treat and let him watch me get pummeled by a giant or jump off the Throat of the World. It's fun ^_^

Jewels

POTATO
Most of the time I just have regular life distractions. Phone, door, dogs need fed or are barking and need reigned in.

But my biggest distraction is my partner, who is also a big Skyrim player. I try to only play when I'm alone, or face a never ending commentary:
"Why don't you....", "You should...", "There's one behind you", "Where is...", "Have you...", and my least favoured - "You're almost dead"

Makes me crazy
Try the criticisms: "Did you really have to kill him/her?", "What's with all the talking", "Why can't you kill that brat (Braithe)", and on and on and on.

It's gotten to the point where, once my partner walks in the room I will even turn SR off rather than keep playing just to keep the peace.

At least if I turn on Dragon Age, he can watch the characters have sex and that always shuts him up.
My little brothers are the same, and my older one is no different. They get annoying... They scream in my face when I'm almost dead, but they think the dying animations are hilarious. They are like, "Why didn't you take that necklace?" Or "OMG PLZZ KILL THAT DRAGON!" I'm so excited for my newbrother next year. Feel the joy. (sarcasm)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Aww, you have a son? How sweet :)
My dad does the same thing. He would come in and tell me a joke or ask what I want for my birthday. (It's less than a month off, so people have been bugging me of that question) My oldest little brother, who is 8, watches me all the time and he once got off the game he was playing just so he can watch me play Skyrim. Sometimes I give him a treat and let him watch me get pummeled by a giant or jump off the Throat of the World. It's fun ^_^
Yeah, he is 13 and has recently been allowed to play Skyrim himself (he is a big Oblivion fan) and he loves it. We often share tips and stuff. He is teaching me to play Minecraft to.. adding mods and stuff for me.. I am a complete newb at that game though and play on "peaceful" mode.. haha. Hubby thinks Skyrim is "boring". He plays Call of Duty and Halo. :D

kleptomurderkitty

My husband. He got Skyrim for his PC laptop because he saw me playing all the time, and he didn't want to accidentally delete my game on the Xbox (it's he awesome?). I'm much further in the game than he is (Level 37), so he's always asking me about various parts of the game or how to defeat this bad guy or that bad guy. Sometimes I get frustrated because I'm in the middle of a hard quest and tell him to look it up.

Bulldog

My 4 year old nephew spent the night with my wife and I. He fell a sleep on the couch so I decided to play. He woke up so I just went around shooting bear, deer, sabre cats, etc. I told him it was a hunting game. A bandit came up running so I shot her with an arrow in the chest. He laughed and yelled "GOT HER!" Not thinking I looted her and the arrow was sticking out of her chest. I tried to see if it would let me take the arrow. I looked up to run and he asked me to get the arrow. So I went back to try. Went to leave and he asked me to go back. After about the 4th time I figured out he was perving on her chest so I turned the game off. My sister in law (his mom) thought it was funny. My mother in law (his grandmother) not so much. His dad on the other hand just says "that's my boy".

Wildroses

When I take my laptop to visit parents and brother I will only play it when my brother is out of the house. My brother has severe intellectual disabilities, has no language, high energy, limited capacity to entertain himself and loves me dearly. There is no way of explaining to him that I am playing a game and wait, he just assumes I don't want to play with him because I do not love him. So rather than get annoyed while trying to play Skyrim and being constantly interrupted, I wait until he is out.

Not that it does me any good. The government is perfectly happy to subsidise post school options and respite care to get my brother out of the house, but my parent's big fat cat is my own problem. Here is a list of everything he has ever done to me while I was trying to play Skyrim:

1) Demand I drop everything to open the window because it's been a whole ten minutes since he was last inside/outside and he's bored.
2) Demand I drop everything to re-fill the biscuit bowl with his favourite biscuits because the biscuit bowl only has six handfuls of his least favourite biscuits in it.
3) Get interested in the sword wielding bandit I am fighting and scratch my screen trying to catch them.
4) Rest his chin on leftmost edge of my keyboard so he pushes down the A key forcing me to walk off a cliff or into a sabre cat I'm trying to avoid.
5) Rest his entire body on my keyboard while I am actively playing because he is cold and the laptop is warm.
6) Demand snuggles while I need two hands during combat.
7) Roll around being cute while lying on the keyboard part of the laptop and flipping the entire thing over because the laptop screen was not built to withstand an 8 kilo cat. I kind of didn't mind this one though as the look on his face as he flipped the laptop 90 degrees while he was on it was priceless.
8) Rub his big fat head with all this strength along my fingers which are currently resting on the mouse buttons as I peruse The Riverwood Trader's inventory, with the result I use absolutely all of gold I have buying absolutely everything Lucan has for sale. That one I minded so much I actually cried out with indignation, causing my parents to ask in great worry if everything was alright. My father referred to this cat as: "The Vendor's Friend" for the rest of that visit.

I shudder to think what horror stories I'd have if I actually lived with this cat 95% of the time instead of 5%.

Annageckos

I have five cats, three dogs and a small parrot (among other pets) so yeah, many distractions. I play on PS3 but the cats love to want attention when I'm doing something. The dogs are pretty good but sometimes they will just stand there and stare when they want something. The bird... She is the worst. She insist on sitting on my hand and bite at the buttons. Sometimes she will sit on top of the controller. Both her and one of the cats has pushed the shout button more then once. If I played on PC it would probably be even harder. One cat likes to lay between me and my laptop and rub all over it. She has even gave someone a negative rating on here before. I had no idea until someone gave me a rude rating and I asked them why. It all got straitened out.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I have five cats, three dogs and a small parrot (among other pets) so yeah, many distractions. I play on PS3 but the cats love to want attention when I'm doing something. The dogs are pretty good but sometimes they will just stand there and stare when they want something. The bird... She is the worst. She insist on sitting on my hand and bite at the buttons. Sometimes she will sit on top of the controller. Both her and one of the cats has pushed the shout button more then once. If I played on PC it would probably be even harder. One cat likes to lay between me and my laptop and rub all over it. She has even gave someone a negative rating on here before. I had no idea until someone gave me a rude rating and I asked them why. It all got straitened out.
That's quite a menagerie! I only have one cat and she drives me batty, I can't imagine having so many pets.

Smart bird though. Gotta love her. :)

Alysa Roesch

Master Theif
My boyfriend, he loves Skyrim and the story but when it comes to playing RPGs he just....sucks. He's always watching me and asking questions it got so annoying now I only play when he's working.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts