• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, I don't plan to let it die. The great thing is about horror rps, is that when people ditch, you can gleefully kill them off. We're just waiting for Madrar to post. The remaining members to my knowledge are: Myself, Baneloth, Madrar, Drahkma, Marek, and Simus.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I'll have something up in the next hour or so. Maybe.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, that escalated quickly. So, next, I think Jessica and Garret(NPC engineer) should find the stuff they're looking for, and head back to the hangar bay with Jon. I'll have Garza tackle Arcanus, and haul his ass back to the hangar bay with Ria and Knits-Bone. I've also got an excellent idea for sergeant Janx. I created him as an NPC who was just going to dissapear on the destroyer, but now he'll be playing a much more....important role. *cue evil laugh*

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Sounds...important. *cue slightly confused evil laugh* glad to see this is up and running again.

Drahkma

I have to say, I've been doing some research, and I'm getting rather pissed with Disney. They've basically told everyone that the timeline after Episode VI is no longer canon. That throws the whole Ysanne Isard, Thrawn Trilogy, and those other books right out the window. And they're saying their new movie Ep. VII is going to be 'original' and have nothing to do with the books. Apparently, it takes place thirty or so years after Ep. VI, so I'm guessing near the Yuuzhan Vong emergence. This new movie is either going to blow everyone away, or the much more likely outcome, piss off all the old, loyal star wars fans that have followed the movies and books for so long.
    And...that's the end of my rant. For now.

I'll see if I can get a post up sometime today. Not working tonight, so it may be later/earlier, depending.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I have to say, I'm not surprised. I watched the sixth clone wars season, just to see how it wrapped up, and I couldn't believe how badly the managed to mangle it. I'm going to try to explain things to you guys without spoiling it for those of you that might want to watch.

They tore up the 'clones are trained to obey orders'. Everyone who isn't mentioned/appearing in Revenge of the Sith, they kill off, and they end up implying that Yoda knew about Order 66 all along and couldn't do anything about it. I mean, Dave Filoni, or whatever the hell his name was managed to fl*ff up the clone wars lore pretty bad, and disney was just like..."nah, let's not put any effort into this. We'll just kill everyone off!" Personally, I refuse to regard anything put out by disney as canon. I have a bad feeling they're going to end up dragging star wars through the muck.

Drahkma

Yep. I think I may just end up doing the same. I mean, they have such potential to make an awesome trilogy out of the Thrawn series! Instead, they just go with 'originality' and dismiss every thing that's been written. Me, I think I'll stick with my books.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well, originality is great, when it works, but not at the cost of trampling over years of other peoples works. By dismissing all the books,comics, even some games, they're, well, I wouldn't say 'devaluing' them, but less people will regard them as something pertinent to Star Wars lore. I shudder to think of a new generation of star wars fans that think the movies by disney are canon...:vomit:

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Wow. I haven't seen or read much beyond the six movies and even I can see how fluffed up this is. I'm not sure which is worse: throwing out these awesome stores that you guys love so much (and me too if I read them) or the alternative. Disney going with the Thrawn trilogy or the Vong Wars or the reemergence of the Empire and mangling them so badly that they no longer have the original stories. Butchering the canon and forcing it into "something that would sell" you know?

This is why I like Warhammer 40K. The universe is big enough and communications are poor enough to where canon can be pretty much whatever you believe. The clusterfluff of rumors, half truths, ignorance-inducing dogma and boldface lies make it hard to see truth from fiction. Games Workshop describes it as "everything is true and nothing is true." Yes you could say "But Simus, that means the canon can be whatever some ignorant 14 year old fan porker wants it to be, and that's the worst idea ever!" "There are still rules to this very broad canon." I would say. "And certain critical events that GW had confirmed and pretty much everyone agreed on reinforces that." And anything you might want to include in this universe needs to follow these rules in order to make sense.

Well, got a bit off topic there. I'd i don't post today it'll happen tomorrow.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I think in order to keep this alive, someone's going to need to post. I could, later today if you want, Shaded.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    If no one posts by this afternoon, I'll put one up for Mila once I get back from work.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I've got to say, Bane, I feel kind of bad for Kyle. No parents to speak of, and about to be hunted by death troopers...not an ideal situation for a growing boy.

Baneloth

Yeah...don't worry though. Derek will happily curbstomp any zombie that gets within twenty metres of the kid. Well, that's the plan anyways, but you know what they say: no battle plan survives contact with the enemy. Especially if that enemy is zombies

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Hmm. Should be interesting to see how Arcanus fares. I mean, I assume he'll be locked up in the brig waiting for the Sabres to figure out what to do with him.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Well once Aden hears what he did then he might have a reletively short stay behind bars. Since their interests are aligned now I can see them working together a little.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I think so. Of course, they might run into some problems regarding Arcanus' intentions towards Jessica. If he can't bring her over to the Dominions' side...well, accidents happen all the time in a zombie infested ship...

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Yeah, and Argonian mothers just sit back and wait for you to pone at their young. I guarantee you Knits-Bone won't fight tooth and nail some COD wannabe asassan who tries to harm a hair on her Jessie's head.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Oh, he won't do anything to her hair;). And I'd like to see an overgrown talking lizard stop an assassin that's been trained to kill since his early teen years. We'll find out how it goes, I guess.

Drahkma

Simus, can you post sometime this week? We can't really move on until you do, unless Shaded just scripts the lot of us back to the dragons talon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts