• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Ah, but the Cadians actually sound like the Mandalorians, since the Mandos came first:p

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I learned more star wars lore here than in all the animated series.

...I was younger at this time. there was... 4 series?

Five.

Hey, Marek: Trying to do some research for my Blood and Steel fanfic. Just wondering if you could help me out: Clone sergeants, lieutenants, etc, in phase one armour had colours for ranks right?

Captain: red
    Lieutenant:blue
    Sergeant: green

But for troopers that already had coloured armour, say the 501st or 212th, how could they tell ranks? I think they had rank bars on their chest plates, but I'm not certain. Wookieepedia is no help, since they only go over plain-armoured troops, minus customization.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well they were clones of clones. It's kinda like photocopying something then photocopying the photocopy, etc, etc. Eventually the resolution gets worse. Kinda the same thing with the second gen clones. That along with the fact that they were grown inside of a year, whereas the first gen ones took ten years. They learned ridiculously fast but didn't necessarily have time to adapt or experience things. Made for an unstable mix.

There were only about 3 million original clones. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the Second gen clones numbered closer to 1 billion strong.

Oh, and a fact about the 501st, they were the ones that stormed the Jedi Temple in the third movie along with Anakin. After the war most of the clone commandos that stayed around ended up assigned to them as well, making them even more badass.

Second gen I think were five million, when Palpatine originally ordered them. Of course, before the civil war, and during, that number increased.

Andre Marek

Well, with phase one armor, there were no unit colors. The 501st didn't have their custom blue markings until they got their phase two armor. The Kaminoans (probably spelled that wrong) wanted to keep them all uniform and only the NCO's and CO's had colored rank markings. I believe what you have down is right but don't forget the commanders had Yellow stripes on their arms and helmets.

The custom paint on phase two armor was an attempt to boost moral within the ranks by allowing the clones to show their individuality. Almost all units had a different set of markings and colors once they got their new armor and units like Commando squads and ARC troopers usually had even more customized armor, from colors, decals, attachments, and gadgets.

Andre Marek

Lol, well I wasn't technically Wrong. All I said was that they numbered closer to 1 billion and five million is closer than 3 million.:D

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Damn. I thought so. Unfortunately, that means I'm gonna have to come up with some other way for my made up unit to identify unit leaders. Since they've not moved on to Phase 2 kit yet,(4 months ABG) and I've already had it that they have gold trim on their helmets and armour. I guess I'll just use rank bars.

Andre Marek

I'm sure you could say that they were just some sort of special unit. Also, in the Republic Commando books, Commanders and other CO's often used a tally scanner to scan a bar code on each clones chest plate. The bar code had their rank, serial number, and "name" aka ID code, ie. CT-1145 or something. CT stood for trooper, RC stood for Republic comando, and ARC obviously stood for advanced recon commando, etc.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Right. It's why I like writing fanfic. You don't have to strictly adhere to set rules and characters. I think I have it so far that troopers earn the right to mark their armour. Sort of like a rite of passage. Survive your first battle, you can mark your armour.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Right. It's why I like writing fanfic. You don't have to strictly adhere to set rules and characters. I think I have it so far that troopers earn the right to mark their armour. Sort of like a rite of passage. Survive your first battle, you can mark your armour.

Or you could say they painted their armour sort of as a "fl*ff you" to the Kaminoans?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    That could work as well. Their commander, 'Drake' took a cannon round through the chest from a dwarf spider droid during first Geonosis, and was sent back to Kamino. Then they discussed 'reconditioning' him as he stood in front of him. So you can guess he doesn't like the aiwa-bait that much. Doesn't have a very high opinion of Jedi, either.

Andre Marek

I'll get something up right away then.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Hey, Simus. Edited my post to include Jess and answer her questions. Thought that should allow you to post. I'll try to get a post up in the Hunt later today, Baneloth.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, I'm going to say that this info is between Ria and Aden. Which means the boarding party will be going in blind, pretty much. Although I'm not planning on having them find anything, so it won't matter much.

Baneloth

I'll probably post tomorrow.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    So, I'm not quite sure what to do with Alain, since he's been in his cabin. He wasn't mentioned by Ria, though I guess he would head to the hanger bay out of curiosity?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I'll post something up tonight, guys. Get Arcanus to the shuttle.