• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Jenassa has been with my latest character, Malkjar the Malignant, (I'll formally introduce him at a later time), since the beginning. It wasn't intended, and, is in fact unusual for a Nord and a Dunmer to share each others company in Skyrim, but she has been steady and reliable. On my playthrough with Kohlar, Kohlar ended up dismissing her fairly quickly. He simply grew tired of her saying that he lacked wisdom, you see. Yet Malkjar is not as vain, (in fact, he may be the ugliest Nord in existence by his own admission), and admires Jenassa's ability with handling two blades at once. Malkjar is now about level 30, and Jenassa needed to be dismissed in place of the ice-brained Farkus for a companions mission. Now that that is done however, his next move is to travel to Whiterun, and seek out his unlikely companion Jenassa, and proceed on the path to glory. :beermug:

The eventual intention is to outfit her with dragon scale armor, and two dragon bone swords. The swords will have duel enchantments. I am open to suggestions on what those enchantments should be, as I've never utilized duel wielding to it's fullest potential. I was thinking chaos and paralyze for one, and ice with absorb health for the other.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I've recently had a similar experience. I've never been big on followers. I mean, I like the idea of follower. But didn't really care for the execution of that idea as it existed in the game.

Derkeethus was a staple for me. Not because he was a great character or because I enjoyed his company (he's alright company, though. And a fine character). But mostly because he was flagged essential, so he wouldn't die if I hit him accidentally. And also, he would carry my stuff and he didn't run his mouth.

Recently I upgraded to Skyrim for the PC. I made a dark elf cleric of The Reclamations, Aryis Sadras. I went ahead and grabbed a few of the more popular follower mods.I was curious of the scope of modding and the level of voice acting and added utility I might find. Most of them were duds for one reason or another. They broke the lore, I didn't care for their voice acting, they were overpowered, they knocked on the 4th wall a bit too much for my taste.

But there was one I liked. Arissa The Wandering Rogue. She became Aryis's sidekick from then on. Together we beat the World-Eater. We cast down the vampire abominations of Molag Bal. We battled the eldritch horrors of Hermaeus Mora and banished forever the black soul of Miraak, the fallen Dragonborn.

Now Aryis's tale is over

I've started a new character. A fierce redguard berserker named Shiand The Rihadi; Champion of The Crowns. Thanks to The Familiar Faces mod her follower is none other than Aryias Sadras; Cleric-Priestess of The Tribunal, wielder of Azura's Star. The legendary Dovahkiin herself!

I call it my "I'm not the dragonborn!" play through. No dragons. No main storyline. Just all the stuff that Aryias didn't do. Which is a lot!

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
She is one of the few followers I can stand. I love her! The only others I can do is either the female Dark Brotherhood Initiate (her voice is kinda sexy and she doesn't say obnoxious things) or Serana. I love some of Janessa's dialogue and she is never constantly in the way, like Lydia is.

Your enchantments sound good to me. Whenever I've had a dual wield character, I always make sure I have the Black Star. In my left hand, I have a dagger (to make the speed of my attacks faster) with soul trap and absorb health. Then, in my right hand a sword with either absorb health and absorb stamina, or absorb health and paralyze. That way, I never run out of charging on my weapons and I absorb health like crazy. But obviously with a follower, the soul trap part isn't important. But the weapon enchantments I've always found most useful were the absorb health, absorb stamina, and paralyze ones for sure.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Janessa was my first wife :D

Such a good fighter with the mystic voice, sneaky tendencies and the dual wielding, she was perfect for Incubus. I had her decked out in The Savior's Hide with Forsworn gauntlets, boots and occasionally head piece and she looked like a mad elven babe ripping people apart with her Daedric swords!

Depending on how OP you want to be and how often you want to be filling her weapons up, I've found that stamina absorb+stamina damage works well. Having no shield, an enemies power attack can cripple her pretty quickly and as she has more stamina she will power attack more often. I don't particularly like paralyse as its a little powerful for me. Chaos+damage magicka is an effective enchantment vs mages and requires less charges than absorb.

Also she owned people at a distance with Zephyr... ;) ;)

JoeReese

Jenassa has been with my latest character, Malkjar the Malignant, (I'll formally introduce him at a later time), since the beginning. It wasn't intended, and, is in fact unusual for a Nord and a Dunmer to share each others company in Skyrim, but she has been steady and reliable. On my playthrough with Kohlar, Kohlar ended up dismissing her fairly quickly. He simply grew tired of her saying that he lacked wisdom, you see. Yet Malkjar is not as vain, (in fact, he may be the ugliest Nord in existence by his own admission), and admires Jenassa's ability with handling two blades at once. Malkjar is now about level 30, and Jenassa needed to be dismissed in place of the ice-brained Farkus for a companions mission. Now that that is done however, his next move is to travel to Whiterun, and seek out his unlikely companion Jenassa, and proceed on the path to glory. :beermug:

The eventual intention is to outfit her with dragon scale armor, and two dragon bone swords. The swords will have duel enchantments. I am open to suggestions on what those enchantments should be, as I've never utilized duel wielding to it's fullest potential. I was thinking chaos and paralyze for one, and ice with absorb health for the other.
I almost always put fire and frost in there, so you've got an opposite element to the dragons. Chaos is always fun, and very potent, or you can throw a soul trap in there and give her a bunch of empties to carry. Lots of choices. How about chaos, paralyze, fiery soul trap, and absorb health?

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
If you love her so much, why don't you MARRY HER!!

I hired Jenassa for one trip and dismissed her because she kept falling back to ranged attacks with her bow instead of wielding her sword. She just wasn't aggressive enough, like Belrand or Argis the Bulwark. I need a follower to run interference, and she just didn't do that.

Fire and shock or stamina damage are great companions on a weapon. However, given the choice, a follower will take absorb health with anything else. I like Absorb Health with fire, myself.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
My main character married her. I kind of regretted it because it was super weird hearing her say endearing things, like calling me "love" and "dear". Jenassa is way too tough to be a softie like that.

For the enchantment... I gave her those unique scimitars from Dragonborn. They seemed to work really well with her dual wielding. But she mostly performs archery duty while I charge in and slice people up.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I always sacrifice her to Bothia. I'll need to stop doing that and use her as a follower one of these times. Of course I would need to use followers, but still...

I always sacrifice that nord fellow in Candle Hearth Hall in Windhelm. He costs the same, but he's located in easy walking distance from the shrine of Bothia.

Seriously. Who's going to miss one more generic nord in Skyrim.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Malkjar did not marry her, he just doesn't see Jenassa that way. He married Sylgja. Now THAT's a women.

The other night I lost about an hour of game time due to the necessity of starting over... You see, when Malkjar was made a werewolf, I still had Jenassa with me. Can you see where this is going? So I charge through town, and folk start attacking me, afterwhich Jenassa attacked them. I went back to Whiterun after dispatching the silver hand with Aela, and there were dead bodies everywhere. Among them were Belethor, Jon Battleborn, and the lady blacksmith... Jenassa was nowhere to be found. I even checked the jail.

JoeReese

Malkjar did not marry her, he just doesn't see Jenassa that way. He married Sylgja. Now THAT's a women.

The other night I lost about an hour of game time due to the necessity of starting over... You see, when Malkjar was made a werewolf, I still had Jenassa with me. Can you see where this is going? So I charge through town, and folk start attacking me, afterwhich Jenassa attacked them. I went back to Whiterun after dispatching the silver hand with Aela, and there were dead bodies everywhere. Among them were Belethor, Jon Battleborn, and the lady blacksmith... Jenassa was nowhere to be found. I even checked the jail.
Haha, whoever designed the female miner's clothes meshes was a man after your own heart, huh?

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.

NOOO!!! ADRIANNE!!!

My favorite follower... Kills my favorite NPC... and the world wept with me. :sadface::sadface::sleepyface:

JoeReese

NOOO!!! ADRIANNE!!!

My favorite follower... Kills my favorite NPC... and the world wept with me. :sadface::sadface::sleepyface:
I have reloaded to save my blacksmith many times.

Dovahkiir

My main character married her. I kind of regretted it because it was super weird hearing her say endearing things, like calling me "love" and "dear". Jenassa is way too tough to be a softie like that.

If you think thats bad try marrying an Orc, you'd think she'd want to bash your brains in on your wedding night but nope, she's as lovely dovey as the rest of them. Which just feels strange, honestly.

JoeReese

If you think thats bad try marrying an Orc, you'd think she'd want to bash your brains in on your wedding night but nope, she's as lovely dovey as the rest of them. Which just feels strange, honestly.
Gigapact is secretly an Orc, but she doesn't strike me as the cuddly type. o_O

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
I think there is a deeper joke there Joe, but I certainly don't get it.

Such rudeness Joe...

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)

Jerk! You never leave me alone about the orcs :sadface: And I still remember that picture you edited to make me look like I have orc teeth. I am not an orc. And for your information, I do not mind cuddling thank you very much! :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts