• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Just thought I'd share this. Last night I decided to play although I was a little tired, this is probably why I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally deleted all the saves of my highest level character! :sadface::sadface:

This was very upsetting for me.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I am very sorry to hear that SkullFaces616. I would suggest to stay away from Skyrim for a short time so you can recover for your tremendous loss. I hope you find the energy and willingness to start all over again. I am very sorry bro.
:sadface:

Stone

Retired Moderator
Bad luck. Quite crazy to have deleted all of them though.

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
Just thought I'd share this. Last night I decided to play although I was a little tired, this is probably why I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally deleted all the saves of my highest level character! :sadface::sadface:

That's terrible man! Only way I can think of taking my mind off something like that would be to drink. No no just kidding but seriously killing the adoring fan off dive rock constantly works.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Sorry to hear that, I know it really sucks.

I also once accidentally deleted my main who had done nearly all the major game content at the time. Luckily I play on a PC and was able to use software to recover deleted files, and saved my game eventually.

If you are on a PC, another option, and I know it isn't the same, but you can download a saved game that has completed different levels of content. Then race & name change and it's basically one or more of your lost characters.

Thanks for the sympathy guys. How did I delete all of them... well I'm playing on XBox, I normally keep 2 save files for each character, I think I currently have about 8 characters. I switched character last time I played, and just before quitting I saved... over the last save file, which belonged to my previous character... I didn't realise. Then last night when I played, as I finished I just hit save out of habbit...as I pressed the button I realised it was over the name of my previous character. I screamed "NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!" went back through saves and saw that I had deleted both. It was my own stupid fault but gutting/frustrating none the less.

JClarke1953

I know how ya feel! I play on an XBox, and wanted to begin another char. I ended up overwriting the game I had progressed quite far in! Then booM! It was gone! The way I looked at after my initial boo-hoo'ing, was that I knew more about the game and the direction I wanted my new char to take. Good luck, and know you ain't the only one. :-)

In my mind the character has now moved on from Skyrim but is still out there...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I am so sorry about that. I know I'd be weeping... I'm on PS3 and luckily it saves 2 copies of my active saves (one on their network and one on mine). I did nearly the same thing this last weekend, but, fortunately my original save was still on the PS3 network so I was able to recover. I don't know xBox, but doesn't their network work the same way?

@Daelon DuLac I don't think XBox Live works like that, but if anyone knows that it does and there's a way to get my saves back that would be amazing.

@Whisper34 You're right, this I need to do.

Whisper34

@Skullface I'm sorry to say I don't believe there is anything "you" can do to recover your lost game. If you took the hard drive to a data recovery firm they might be able to get it back if the sectors of the hardrive have not been overwritten yet, but that would be expensive and you would really have to of loved that character for that.

Whisper34 I didn't love it THAT much, lol... I just have to accept the loss now. There's plenty more characters to play as and now I have an excuse to make a new one!

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Well if you play on Xbox or PS3, once you've deleted a file, there is absolutely no way of getting them back. I know from experience. If you play on PC however, I don't know where it's stored or anything cuz I don't play on PC.

Omega

Vindictive Courier
I know how you feel man. My old PS3 reset deleting all of my files, was on my 3rd play through of FNV & my character was better than any of the previous characters & wasn't even at the same level. Also my Red Dead Redemption online level reset too, I was 2nd Legend :mad:. I was so angry about Fallout being deleted though, I spent so many hours getting to where I got. I'm going to give it a few months maybe a year before playing it again, I'm just going to stick to my new Skyrim character now, which strangely seems better than my previous character also. I sure hope they give us the option to retrieve deleted data on the PS4 & 720.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I know how you feel man. My old PS3 reset deleting all of my files, was on my 3rd play through of FNV & my character was better than any of the previous characters & wasn't even at the same level. Also my Red Dead Redemption online level reset too, I was 2nd Legend :mad:. I was so angry about Fallout being deleted though, I spent so many hours getting to where I got. I'm going to give it a few months maybe a year before playing it again, I'm just going to stick to my new Skyrim character now, which strangely seems better than my previous character also. I sure hope they give us the option to retrieve deleted data on the PS4 & 720.
I doubt it. That's why I have my satellite drive with an auto backup on my PS3. Once in a while the PS3 will do that (reset) for no apparent reason (although I think it might have something to do with system updates). According to my friend over at Sony, the PS4 is very similar to the PS3 in layout (except that it is majority on-line content), but you will be able to (with a membership) store higher levels of data on their servers (tiered according to your tier on the membership rosters).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts