5 Things Worse Than Dovahs

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Once again, beginner. 'Course, I prefer roleplaying, so my post overpowered character still doesn't use daedric armor, but I had a character that did so a while back, and I know how easy the game is when you are overpowered. Giants are actually quite easy for my tertiary character, though, a level 12 orc. When he's using berserker rage, that is.

Saozig

Hippy
(Minor Dragonborn spoilers -Rayven)

Lydia has competition now with the Dragonborn DLC, and his name is Teldryn Sero. He doesn't even do the "huh? or "oh!" that Lydia does when she eventually gets out of your way (5 hours later). He just stands there, for eternity.

I once accidentally harvested one of the salmon at the miner's camp at Kynesgrove. All the veggies were free to take and I thought the salmon was too. Nope. For the want of a chunk of raw salmon meat wroth 1 gold, me and my follower nearly died at the blades of some suspiciously formidable guards. Had to load the last save because I could not get them to stop attacking--and they didn't even give me to option to a pay a fine.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I used to fear giants, until one day I decided to use frostbite on one for the heck of it.

Lo and behold, it reduces their speed to that of a snail. Useful early on if you like sniping giants at your leisure.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I'd take on a group of giants over a pack of chaurus any day. As for Falmer, I've found that since restarting the game that a silversword is quite useful for combating them.

Garbaldy

Dovahkiin Extrordinare
cant stand the falmer. creep me out too much

EDcellent

The only ones on the list that give me trouble are giants. Even then I'd just take pot shots at them with an enchanted bow while going around mountian scapes.

Falmer trouble? Avoid the zerg rush by just hitting them once or twice with a two handed weapon.(we have two hands for a reason) they usually attack single file to hide their numbers, so mow them down one by one.

Silver hand? Dragonborn used button mash, it's super effective.

City guards like my gold, lol.

Trolls are tough, but are no match for my supply of cheese wheels and potions.

Spriggans turn into compost when bashed with a two handed weapon.

I think in order of most tough to least tough, it's giants, trolls, falmer and forsworn. No matter what level i'm at, a forsworn with two one-handed weapons always seems to knock me down about half life before I kill him/her. They also like to zerg rush in caves and castles as well, very annoying.

EDcellent

I'd take on a group of giants over a pack of chaurus any day. As for Falmer, I've found that since restarting the game that a silversword is quite useful for combating them.

I forgot about those damn things. That and dragur lords with ebony weapons. I'll never forget it, I'm fighting a dragur lord with an ebony bow and he killed me in 3 hits. I was in heavy armor, level 30ish and 300+ health. LOLWUT. After the reset, I went COD camper on him and sneak shot him with my bow 7 or so times.

Adventurer

Excellent post by OP :). I could handle those with my sneaky assassin the best. Daedric bow with poison from afar and super sneak.

HappyTroll

Talos! I must really suck at this game. And to think I was going to make a post asking how to kill Giants. Guess I will skip that for a while.

Mannulus

Article Writer
Dragon Priests :C

moley25

slayin and searchin!!!!!!!
#3.5: The Silver Hand
These morons can normally only be encountered along the Companions questline, and they are only a real danger to necromantic conjurers, werewolves and vampires. If you bring back any undead, it will take extra damage from their silver swords and die. If you are a vampire, you will take extra damage from their silver swords and die. If you are a werewolf, you will... Well, you get the idea. I know because I have fought them as all three of those things, and the easiest way to kill them is to let other kinds of helpers and followers fight them or use beast form.....i know where these guys can be found and im not on a companion quest and im not a vampire or a werewolf.i had great fun smashing these guys up.they are at driftshade refuge which is in between dawnstar and winterhold.ive completely looted the place.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
5: The greybeards. Piss them off and prepare to wait half an hour. They just keep freezing you. You wait two minutes to thaw out and then get hit with another Ice form.

4. Falmer. Why U So Strong?

3. Giants. Why won't they stop following me?

2. That dood in dawnstar that won't stop following me. I travel across Skyrim, click "Wait". *Cannot wait when enemies are pursuing you*. "He's not pursuing me! I'm in Markarth! He's in Dawnstar!

1. Quest related characters. WHY U NO DIE?!

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
I'd have to add those damned ice wraiths. Not only do they do a lot of damage when they swarm you, but there hard to hit because of their size and the way they move.

Rinskar

If you got the dragonborn dlc, lurkers are worse than giants, they have long range attacks. And the infamous ebony warrior was a pain to kill, 5 minutes went into killing that guy, and I had prepared for that battle.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Legendary Dragons on Legendary Difficulty just blow everything else out the window imo... The amount of damage they can take and dish out is just ridiculous (though they ARE dragons). Only the highest leveled vampires could possibly put up a good fight... or maybe Arch Mages, but nothing can match it in 1on1. Literally, these things can take SIX DIGIT DAMAGE.

Patches

In my experience, Giants give me a fair warning to stay off their territory by lowering themselves into a fighting stance, sort of, but if you back away far enough they'll leave you alone.

Caideus

Yea, giants are not so rare, unless you're like me and hunt them down for there toes...
But with dual spell in destruction and a perk of Impact.... No mammoth, nor giant or dragon, let alone some troll or a group of Falmer storming in can stop me. The only real danger I face is the company I bring along... Lydia or Meeko or some other dog or another hopeful follower. Is the company that I keep that truly imposes any real threat.

Loved the pics and fun to read article. Good job

GrumpyBadger

Article Writer
am I the only one who has nightmares all because of the frostbite spiders? o_O

seriously, they're wicked low-level, not much of a problem, but man, after the first couple main quests, they just completely freak me out. I think I'm just with my buddy Farkas on this one :D

I seriously hate those things now more than anything. I have one level 55 character who can roast them with her lightning (battlemage), my main head-canon Dovahkiin is now level 87... 87!!! and can one-shot those pesky bugs with his crossbow, and a khajiit that is only level 25, and can already ruin them with his fire runes and bow! and they still give me the heeby-jeebies.

gotta agree with #4 and #3.5 My Dovahkiin is Harbinger, and I love eating vampires.. but those Silver Hand? Kryptonite, Kryptonite. Giants cracked me up the first time I could see the entire province of Skyrim.

and the "honorable mention" ... ouch. Lydia actually became my Dovahkiin's wife :D. In my head, for that character, it just fit so well, and hopelessly romantic. I just give her a "love check" every time she blocks the door ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts