• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Okay, the story thread is up. You can find it in 'active stories' and I've put a link at the bottom of the first post here. Anyone who has posted their characters may write their introductory posts after I've posted mine to set the scene.

Name: Roux Redfall (first name is pronounced 'roo')
    Race: Reachfolk

Weapons: Steel sword and a longbow with steel arrows, which she has thirty at a time (will likely upgrade throughout the story)
    Armour: Fur (will likely upgrade throughout the story)
    Spells: Flames, Healing, and Summon Familiar (the form of a red eagle). Will likely get more as the story progresses.

Misc. Gear: Roux frequently wears a long red hooded cloak, which makes her easy to distinguish in a crowd. She also has a pendant she had since being a newborn: an eagle carved from a ruby. It is often found adorning her neck.
    Fighting Style: As a young woman with practically no experience, Roux has much to learn. She uses a steel sword in one hand for melee and a spell in the other. When an enemy is too far away for her basic Flames spell, she resorts to using a bow and arrow, but she isn't very good at using it. She can summon her familiar once every combat sequence, but it has the same low health and attack damage as the default spell. Its difference from some other familiars is that it can fly. Her skill will steadily increase as the story progresses and as she gets more experience. Despite her lack of experience however, Roux is the type of person who will never surrender in a fight- even if it means her demise.

Appearance: Roux Redfall is a young woman standing at 5 feet tall. She has an average build but still has signs of youth, having slightly chubby cheeks (which she will surely grow into) and smooth skin that shows no sign of the hardship that comes with maturity: no scars, no wounds, no anything. Despite being of age, she looks younger than she actually is. Roux has pale skin with pink undertones. Long pale blonde hair frames her face and falls to her hips. Her eyes are silvery-blue, appearing gray in dim lighting but pale blue in otherwise. Strangely, she was born with an odd deformity: she has six fingers on each hand. This does not serve a purpose nor does it give her an advantage, but it certainly helps in setting her apart from the crowd. Being a Reachfolk, onlookers may puzzle over what race she is. Her blonde hair might point to a Nordic or Nedic ancestry, but her small size indicates she could be more Breton-blooded instead. Additionally, her ears are pointed slightly (much like a Hobbit from J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-Earth), alluding to her possibly being of some Elvish descent. However, she comes with none of the racial strengths or abilities of these peoples.
    Personality: As a teenager, Roux still has the naivety of someone who has not yet seen the world for what it is. She always sees the best in the worst people and values forgiveness even if they do not deserve it. She is eager to help those who need it. With all these traits in mind, it is easy to take advantage of such an innocent, carefree soul- and people often do, but poor Roux never learns from her lessons. Indeed, she is kind of a doormat. Lessons in being wiser and standing up for herself are in order. Roux Redfall is kind to all, bubbly, and eager for adventure, though a little shy. She loves stories and will ask any adventurer to tell her all they know. Roux has her heart determine her decisions rather than her head. She would gladly put herself in danger to help a friend.

Relatives: Red Eagle (distant grandfather)
    Backstory: Roux Redfall was born to a Forsworn couple in the Sundered Hills of the Reach, her father being a Briarheart and her mother being a distant granddaughter of Red Eagle. It is no secret that the life a Forsworn lives is a dangerous one. Indeed, most children born to them often die due to harsh conditions in the wilderness. With this in mind, Roux's parents contacted secret Forsworn agents stationed in Markarth, requesting they send their daughter to live with them in the safety of the city. They arranged a dropoff point a little ways off the path near Markarth, where the parents hid their baby in bushes for an agent to pick up. However, one never did. It was a patrolling guard who got to her first. In her swaddles was a single note that read "Roux", so the guard assumed that was her name. In her basket was also her ruby eagle pendant. It was this guard who adopted Roux alongside his Bosmer husband, who gave the girl his last name, Redfall.

Because she was never raised in the Forsworn fold as initially planned, Roux never knew of her true origins. The Forsworn agents always kept their promise however, ensuring her safety in the city using an invisible hand without anyone ever truly knowing. When Roux came of age, she got a job as a courier. Not only did she deliver letters all over Skyrim, but also some goods when the situation called for it. Since she always stayed on the roads, her combat expertise is minimal. For a time, this sated her taste for adventure, but now the girl wants something more. If only there was someone out there who would take her under their wing, showing her the ways of true freedom. . .

Dialogue Colour: Pale red

Sorry for the double post! But I just wanted to let everyone know that, as I am a sucker for character interaction and planning, feel free to PM me! I would love to discuss any potential ideas for future relationships, interactions, etc. between characters. It's the most fun part of roleplay, in my opinion.

Seeker of Truth

Sorry for the double post! But I just wanted to let everyone know that, as I am a sucker for character interaction and planning, feel free to PM me! I would love to discuss any potential ideas for future relationships, interactions, etc. between characters. It's the most fun part of roleplay, in my opinion.
    Hey, as soon as I learn more about the direction this story is going, I might just go plan some stuff with you and any other who is willing

Hey, as soon as I learn more about the direction this story is going, I might just go plan some stuff with you and any other who is willing

Wonderful! Just let me know when.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts