Open ωɪɴᴅᴘᴇᴀᴋ ɪɴɴ, ᴍᴏʀᴛʜᴀʟ

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Chef Umaril

(That's fine, it helps a lot. I wouldn't have thought about that)

Alum-Zei tilted his head just ever-so-slightly to see what Eponis spoke of when she mentioned the "Mage-types" that had arrived not too long before himself. One was a Khajiit that was dressed in very unique robes that resembled the monks Alum-Zei had heard of, while the other was a very shy-looking nord woman. "I suppose if you're willing, we could speak with the mages," Alum-Zei suggested, "Whatever they're here for, it seems more like business than pleasure." The last comment was more a light-hearted attempt at a joke to lighted the rather serious mood the whole of Moorside was in. Even Lurbuk, who'd been trying to strike up conversation with anyone had fallen silent. "Something doesn't feel right," Alum-Zei whispered to Eponis as he took a quick glance around the tavern, "It's too quiet now..." He reached instinctively for his steel dagger and left it where it was when he made contact with the hilt.

Deloix

is semi-active
    "Twiddling your scabbard won't lighten the mood" she gave with a cough between her whispers.
    Clicking on to the thought that the two at the side might know something however, she took up the Argonian's offer to try and speak with the strangers. Although, Eponis' personal turmoil with magic made her feel uneasy around the arcane-inclined; she compromised with a gesture to try and usher Alum-Zei to go up first.

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei stood first, relaxing as he turned to approach the two mages in the side room. He was used to a large presence of magic-users, due to originally living in Cyrodiil shortly before their collapse. He approached the opened door and knocked before offering a quick bow. "Good evening sir and ma'am. My name is Alum-Zei, and I couldn't help but notice that you two appear to be mages. I, myself, am originally from Cyrodiil and know of the power mages hold," he began, trying to sound as sincere as possible, "I was wondering if you both would be willing to accompany myself and my new friend at the bar." Alum-Zei steps in a little closer to whisper, "there's something going on with this village, so we need to stick together and figure out what it is and stop it. Or find someone who can..." He allowed his voice to trail off, and took another quick look around the tavern. Something definitely didn't feel right about the silence in the Moorside inn. Alum-Zei motioned for Eponis to introduce herself, while keeping himself alert without drawing his dagger or bow, yet.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Do'Vassal's eyes sprung open at the silence. He had fallen asleep in the chair, but he was a light sleeper, had learned to keep an ear open for odd occurrences.

Such as the odd silence that had fallen over the inn.

He couldn't help but hear the foreboding in the silence, as if it were a warning that something much darker was at work.

He looked over to the bed to see the girl fast asleep, still clinging to her pillow as if it were a child's stuffed doll. He smiled softly, but was caught off-guard by the sound of approaching footsteps.

His eyes reached the figure who the footsteps belonged to, who knocked on the door frame, signaling his arrival.

"Good evening sir and ma'am. My name is Alum-Zei, and I couldn't help but notice that you two appear to be mages. I, myself, am originally from Cyrodiil and know of the power mages hold. I was wondering if you both would be willing to accompany myself and my new friend at the bar." The stranger took a step forward, whispering his next words. "there's something going on with this village, so we need to stick together and figure out what it is and stop it. Or find someone who can..."

So it wasn't just paranoia. Others were feeling the disturbance as well. Do'Vassal hared Maere shifting on the bed, signaling she was indeed awake. She was probably tense as a board. She didn't react to strangers walking up to her well, especially when she was mostly vulnerable. Do'Vassal spoke calmly, hoping his tone would soothe her frayed nerves.

"Good evening, Master Alum-Zei." He bowed his head politely, but did not get up from his seat. "I don't believe either myself or my companion would like to go to the bar. We're not ones to drink." He stood to his feet and stepped forward, looking the figure in the eye.

"What is this disturbance you feel that has you both so worried?" He whispered back, referring to him and his companion in the bar.

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei shrugged, "I don't hold it against you for not wanting to drink, my friend and I will be in the main room should you need anything." He lowers voice again to add, "I'm not sure what's causing the silence, but it feels as though whatever it may be is close. Too close." Alum-Zei steps out of the room and cautiously moves back to the bar. He sits next to Eponis once again and hastily scrawls out a note with a sheet of parchment and charcoal, then passes it to her. It reads: "the mages feel the tension in the air as well, they know about as much as we do, but we should probably act now if we don't want to be caught off guard. Who or what it may be is too close for comfort."

After passing Eponis the note, Alum-Zei stands saying, "I'm going to get some fresh air, I'll be just out the door if you need anything." He then makes his way out, taking the remainder of his Bloodwine with him. Outside the tavern, the air is cool and foggy, yet tense with the silence that had plagued the bar. After scanning his surroundings, Alum-Zei couldn't see or hear anything that would be out of the ordinary for the swamplands.

Deloix

is semi-active
    Eponis ended up staying at the bar, the conversation at the side died as quickly as it triggered, which didn't ease her nerves all-round.
    All that was left was Alum-Zei's note, giving it a quick brush over before folding it into her nearest pocket. No more information than before, and she didn't feel like admitting the problem just yet.

Without anything up her sleeve, she simply tried learning from the barmaid. "Apart from the burnt down house, just rumor" didn't come without a few minutes of trying to work around warnings, mostly about poking-around.
    At this point, finding a courier in the morning was keeping her motivated through the night; the faster she could adapt meant the faster she could get out. Pinching her eyes open, she to give the two in the corner one last try.

Eponis leaned against the wooden frame of the room and gave a gentle knock, hoping to be no louder than necessary. By herself, she tried not to come off as sheepish, whilst also holding back the urge to rest.
    "You don't need to drink, you know; but we do need to talk"

[I'm just assuming it's still night/ the game canon; I can always edit this later :)]

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei kept watch, setting his flagon of Bloodwine on the rail of the tavern entrance, and stepped down the stairs to get a look around the corner. The planks gave a distinct tap as he set his feet down on the dock-esque walkways. He took another quick glance around to spot anything else he may have missed. He heard much heavier footsteps than his own slowly making their way closer. Alum-Zei turned to match the noise, and found it was simply a guard making his rounds. "What is it, Argonian?" the Nordic guard asked, not necessarily interested in his presence so much as his level of alertness.

"Nothing, I simply needed to get some fresh air," Alum-Zei responded. The guard gave a hushed scoff and continued with his rounds. He could hear the guard making comments to himself about the volume of travelers pouring into town so quickly in a single night. Before he could turn to stand watch outside the tavern, Alum-Zei heard the guard groan in pain before falling silent again. He bolted back around the corner to investigate what happened, and found a hooded figure with a steel dagger and shock-type spell in either hand standing over the fallen guard. Alum-Zei barely had time to react when the figure was turning to fire a lightning bolt in his direction. The bolt had made contact with the Argonian's shoulder as he sidestepped to dodge the spell. "Damn, he's good," he cursed before clambering over the rail to reach the tavern door quickly.

"Eponis! We have a situation!" Alum-Zei shouted as he burst back through the door, drawing his bow and nocking an arrow. The hooded figure would enter any second.

Deloix

is semi-active
    Eponis quickly found herself in shock as well as confusion. Being completely caught off-guard only frustrated her, but knew she had to keep her head. She still only wanted to ask questions, even if it wasn't the best time.
    Working on instinct, she make her way to the door and positioned herself to the left as a means to cloak herself if the door opens wide, taking a dagger from her right boot.
    "Do you mind elaborating!?" she said with temper, directing both question and gaze at Alum-Zei.

Chef Umaril

"Have you Seen my shoulder!?" Alum-Zei shouted referring to the minor magic burn on his right shoulder that had been partially protected by the armor, then adds, "I think there is either another vampire, or a dark brotherhood assassin outside. I watched them murder a guard, then they cast a lightning bolt at me as I tried to investigate." He then readied his bow, aiming at the entrance, waiting for the murderer to enter. Moments later, the door began to open, and he fired his arrow into the space. It just barely grazed the robes of the black hooded figure. Without hesitation, Alum-Zei drew his steel dagger and hid behind the nearest pillar.

Deloix

is semi-active
    [Trying to time my posts with how quiet it's been in mind - please let me know if things get carried away :>]
    She was quickly becoming over-whelmed by the situation. Eponis scoffed at all of Alum-Zei's complaints, despite being shaken by it all herself.
    As the door opened further she attempted to sneak up on the figure. Taking the most opportune moment she could, she quickly drove her dagger into the top-center of their back; though with quick reflexes they turned around and landed a close-ranged shock to Eponis' chest.
    She was taken back heavily, hitting her back on a beam and landing to her knees. Fairly damaged but more-so stunned and dazed, she haphazardly made for cover between two benches and unsheathed her second dagger from on her left, hoping she could recover before they got close.

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei pressed himself against the pillar as he heard Eponis get stuck by the lightning bolt. He quickly leapt out from cover when he heard the footsteps of the hooded figure enter further into the tavern, and charged haphazardly at the person. They began charging another spell, but was almost too late to avoid clashin daggers with the Argonian. Alum-Zei pushed against his assailant and tried to create an opening for Eponis to take advantage of.

(Guise! Did anyone else get the invite to the ESO beta this weekend?)

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Everything was happening all at once, and it confused the Khajiit.

One moment, the Argonian's friend had decided to drop in on the pair, the next there was some sort of shoot out in the main room.

Not letting indecision get a hold of him, Do'Vassal leaped up out of his chair and sprung in as soon as the woman had been struck by a bolt. She scrambled for cover and grabbed a dagger, but she still looked winded, and it was enough for Do'Vassal to take notice.

He called for Maere. "Hey! Take a look at her. I'll help Alum-Zei!" Maere did as she was told, and quickly checked her satchel for a potion and put it into the woman's hand. "Take this. I'll keep up a ward to block anything headed our way!" She promised, preparing the spell.

Do'Vassal saw Alum-Zei knock the assailant off balance, and decided to capitalize, to at least catch the shadowy figure off-guard. While the figure tried to regain his balance, Do'Vassal made a run for him and slid across the floor. His slid caused him to make contact with the figure's legs, sending the assailant flying and hitting the ground with a loud and most likely painful thud.

The monk sprung back up and looked to Alum-Zei, unsure how he wanted to handle it. However, he needed to act soon, as the figure was nearly back on his feet!

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei took the advantage given by Do'Vassal, and tackled the grounded figure. The force was enough to throw back his hood, revealing he was, in fact, another vampire. Alum-Zei tried to pin down the creature's armed hand with his own free one while moving to stab at its heart. "Stay down this time," the Argonian hissed as he struggled against the vampire's supernatural strength.

Deloix

is semi-active
    [I didn't sign up, poor computer would have a fit - You're lucky, though!]
    The combination between her own daze and the stranger's good nature (plus the action beginning blur in the background) was overwhelming Eponis. She inversely felt intimidated by the aid as well as any personal fear of magic; this wasn't helped by kicking herself for feeling weak or useless.
    She tried to think about the best move to make, only to end up panicking by trying to re-enter the fray. She dropped the potion and weaved around the ward; it took all the strength she had left, but she pinned down the assaulter's legs whilst mentally detaching herself from the situation in her weariness.

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei was surprised to see that Eponis still had enough strength to pin down the vampire's legs. He took advantage of her distraction and began to slash at the vampire. He was doing everything in his power to put it down, betraying even his most basic training as a hunter. No amount of training and experience he had could have prepared him for the fight he was involved in now, nor could he have ever succeeded alone. "Just die already," he hissed at the vampire again.

Deloix

is semi-active
    [Sorry if I've been quiet lately, had mocks :> I think my last post got me stuck in a rut, just trying not to look dead with a work around]
    The environment began to blur around her. It was taking all of Eponis' strength to continue her grip in the legs. As her efforts continued she began to lose control, holding the two legs together but beginning to trash, further shaking her. She was completely fazed away from what was happening around her, unable to properly process Alum-Zei's voice. Losing the grip she had on her last dagger, she couldn't attack herself whilst also trying to control the vampire's legs; the combination of winding and weariness was making her afraid to try. She couldn't hold them for much longer, and was lost as to what to do next.​

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei finally drew out a poison vial he had kept in a satchel on his belt, and dumped it over his dagger whilst avoiding being clawed at by the vampire. The vampire took a swing at him, and its claws dug into the left side of his face. Alum-Zei shouted in pain, then stabbed the vampire multiple times in the chest. He continued to stab even after it stopped moving as he shouted still yet.

(It's fine. I'm definitely preordering the special edition of ESO, as well as buying a pair of fancy pants desktops for myself and gf)

Ruthis

Dunmer
    Ruthis.

An echo of silence hung over the tall silhouette of a robed man. As he made his way through the door of the Windpeak Inn, his grey-brown skin tone was made clear, and it was as simple as shooting an arrow to see that this was a Dunmer man. His vibrantly hued oculars - placed evenly on his shrewdly figured face - bounced over the dancing flames in the center of the longhouse. Blinking, the ex - Telvanni wizard glanced around the tavern. Seeing no one that distinctly caught his eye, the tall elf made his way to an empty, wooden armchair in the closest corner.
    The man was cloaked in a fine silk, reflecting the vibrant fire's light like still waters. The robe was loose, whereas the cut was low enough to clearly see the pendant of the East Empire that hung around his neck, and if you looked closely at the jewelry's surface, you'd catch the thin glimmer of purple, which was a dead giveaway to the fact that this man was gifted in the art of Conjuration. A dark hilt that fell around the Dark Elf's waist held a Dwarven sword, and on the sword's side, was the word, "Reflection," printed in the ancient Falmer tongue.
    This man was Ruthis. He'd been around.. well, longer than most. He was a mage at heart, and had inherited the gift of stealth a couple centuries back, when he'd been turned. Unlike few of his insane brothers and sisters, he had been adopted into the Volkihar bloodline, and therefor was given the ability to alter his body to one of a so called, "Vampire Lord." Again, unlike some, Ruthis was reasonable when it came to his gift. He had a brain, and used his knowledge to control his hunger.
    As the Dunmer had been drifting off, his gaze following the movement of the flames, his mind wandering to the far - off place of his past, in House Telvanni, back in Morrowind. Widening his almond - shaped eyes, the man shook his head, drawing in a quick breath through his nose as he was brought back into reality. Lifting his head, as he'd been resting his cheek on his rested fist, he gazed around once more. The Vampire's eyes were a glowing red - orange hue, which would normally be quite simple to spot.. but the fact that it was a common eye color for the Dunmer made life quite at ease.
    (I will have Ruthis' character site up soon.)

Sickle

The Lucid Dream
    Sylphie quickly walked towards the entrance of Windpeak, grey clouds had began to gather slowly overhead and the last thing she wanted was to get wet. She grasped the door and opened it, the warmth of the large pit-fire rolled out and she rushed in, accidentally slamming it shut.

The inside was, as always, rather drab. Sylphie sighed, lowering the dark blue hood of her cloak and walked over to the bar. She placed six septims on the counter and sat down.

"Spiced wine please.."

The barmaid snatched the coin, grabbing a bottle from underneath counter and poured it into a clay cup. Syl took the cup and looked at it. She was already so use to the silver goblets from Markarth but wine was wine and she drank a large portion of it. Sylphie placed her hand on the thin steel sword that hung from her belt, it would no doubt need cleaning again soon.

Sylphie sighed as she drank the rest of the wine and whirled her hand in the air, signaling for more wine.

Ruthis

Dunmer
    The deep glow of Ruthis' gaze hovered over to the door as it was being slammed shut. He watched as the oddly-clothed woman made her way to the counter and ordered her wine. Wine. Ruthis found nearly automatic favor in those who chose wine over booze. Then again.. this woman's past was completely unknown to Ruthis, which made him suspicious. Was she an assassin, like he'd once been? Was she merely a traveler with a fancy sword? Or one of those wretched religious Nords? Deciding that he would make it a mission of his to discover this Nordic maiden, he stood.
    Ruthis' bare feet made silent padding noises as he made his way to the opposite side of the Inn. Coming to stand beside the counter, he raised his eyebrows towards Jonna - the Innkeeper - whom he knew so well. She knew what he meant. Jonna bent down to unlock a small safe that was located under the bar. Returning to the top of the counter, the Innkeeper handed Ruthis a small package. What was inside the animal skin wrapping was quite obviously a petite bottle.. but what was in the bottle was a mystery. Smiling in thanks, the Dunmer's thin lips upturned as he took a steel goblet from the counter and emptied the bottle into it.
    Skooma. Not many had ever tasted the warmth of the so-called, "Dangerous," drink. Skooma was often only sold by traveling Khajiits in Skyrim, but in Morrowind, where Ruthis had come from, it was quite common. See, Skooma was illegal for it was supposedly addictive and could led to dangerous actions.. Ruthis often tested this theory and each time found it to be false. Lifting the stained mug to his maw, he switched his gaze to the woman beside him. Taking a deep breath in through the nose, he was given reason to believe that she was not of the Werewolf tribes, which gave him great ease.
    "Why Morthal?" he inquired, turning his narrowed chin towards Sylphie, his hair - which was being kept up in a loose tail - swished as he asked.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts