Open ωɪɴᴅᴘᴇᴀᴋ ɪɴɴ, ᴍᴏʀᴛʜᴀʟ

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Enthuz22

♡♡♡OOC♡♡♡♡​
    Merry meet! I am a veteran of Skyrim Forums, having gone under the name Wolfie once upon a time. I felt it was time to shed that old skin. I've had other roleplay experience on other sites. It's been a successful endeavor, but it lies in the past nonetheless.
    In this thread, I begin with a new character; Kishan's bio can be found in my signature. We begin at, as you can see by the title, the Windpeak Inn in Morthal. Please preview Kishan's bio before posting, as it explains why we're here! Thank you.
    If you're interested, check out this D&D RPG Personality Quiz! It's very long, but it gives a very satisfying result that is unique to everyone who tries it! That's where I got my information about Rangers and True-Neutrals from:

I would also like to thank Call of Time for unsuspectingly giving me the base bio format for Kishan; if I make any new characters, I will use that format. I highly recommend that others consider using it or my simplified format. Thank you!
    ♡♡♡IC♡♡♡♡​
    Morthal was always this tense and dreary. It was raining outside, temporarily driving off the unquenchable fog that hangs over Morthal day after day. Walking with a tense and drifting stride, a man made his way down the cobblestone road of Morthal; he seemed to have grown from the trees gathered in the murk surrounding Morthal, as if the trees had borne him; and as such, the trees themselves seemed to peer outside with a sleepy coldness that buried itself into the hard earth of the open land lying clutched before it. Paranoia kissed the faces of the citizens of Morthal like the snow hugged the limp spruce trees, rising ethereally high, their branches wide and needles sparse.
    His face was lowered, and in the noonday sun hidden behind layers of clouds, a bleary and semi-constant reminder of the dreary aura of Morthal, his hood sheltered his face from ranged view. As he approached the town tavern, the Windpeak Inn - that served more often as a patron's rest than a place for travelers to rest their feet and ease their burning throats and twisting stomachs - he lifted his head. His beard, tracing his jaw and circling around his mouth, was thicker than it ought to be, a light scruff for the rogue man that bore it. Nothing else could be told about him other than that his nose was thin and strong, and his skin was light and was brushed pale red by the queasy chill he strode in. His eyes were a light, almost transparent green, with a hint of chestnut gloom flecking the irises, glancing off in the light as if dancing and pretending they were golden, whilst in the darkness they seemed dark enough to be a diamond-shaped portal into limbo.
    He paused before the door, eager to quit from the the stiff air of the town of Morthal, whereast the forests, no matter how eerie they seemed to be to strangers who tempted it's curiosity, seemed open and brisk to him. He opened the door and stepped into the Inn, closing the door after him after a pause, as if the outside air could clear the hostile aura of the Inn. The hostile feeling itself was not new to Morthal, although it was to the Inn. It meant danger. It meant strangers.
    For the man who had just let himself into the Inn, it meant a change that he would embrace without a second glance behind him, for what danger could come of a traveler? Not all knew of the paranoia and hastiness of the citizens of Morthal, who took slowly to new faces, waiting even years before their wary glances at such newcomers passed; and then, they spared not even a glance. But this man was the Ranger, and that meant mystery, and mystery meant fear.
    This was Kishan. He had arrived nearly a year ago to Morthal, and had kept to the forest, where he sunk further into the shadows and mysteries of the woods, for no folk took refuge there, not even for a breath of air. There was no breath of air in Morthal, no sanctity from the thoughts of the people. He took in bounty contracts, fulfilled them, and otherwise kept to himself, visiting the town about every week. About. And sometimes he didn't return for a few weeks.
    It had been nearly a year since he had come to Morthal, and Kishan had been disappointed but not surprised to find not many, if any, strangers in Morthal; what few strangers that came quickly got to business, and then they left. Much unlike Dawnstar, before the plague of nightmares gripped the boat-trade town, and before Kishan left Qagmir struggling to keep the family business on it's feet. Part of Kishan wanted to aid his brother, somehow, in this endeavor; and part of him wanted to keep his past in the past, and refuse to face it again, eager for repeated 'fresh starts'.
    It had been only a year.
    He felt the numb yet stinging air of a stranger in the midst of Morthal, unwanted here, perhaps without business or knowledge of the hostility this town has to offer to newcomers, unless their business is strictly business with the town, and would be quickly done and passed, leaving the citizens to return to their daily routines freely once again, as if they had been detained by the presence of a stranger and were weary of any new presence. As if they detested the very idea of it, although Kishan himself, perhaps still a 'stranger' here in literal and metaphorical terms, took to strangers with relief.
    He had changed, though. Criminals of other towns now kept routinely from Morthal, for they heard that instead of ducking from the sabretooth's claws, they were instead dancing straight into it's maw.
    He lowered his hood and raised his head, and Kishan's eyes glimmered as he searched for the source of this silent hostility.
    (More than one would be alright. Others may be encountered upon the road. Feel free to advertise this thread! The more the merrier, and I say that with knowledge, for it has proven so to me numerous times, and it has not yet proven false.)

Enthuz22

♡♡♡OOC♡♡♡♡
    My Christmas gift was a viewing of twenty-five. Please, don't be shy, members; all it takes to begin an adventure is a small and simple step. As in: I really hope that someone finds it in them to immerse themselves into this spark of a story. Please, do jump in! No need to post your form if it's in your signature via link. And welcome, again! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Enthuz22

♡♡♡OOC♡♡♡♡
    Oh Akatosh, I've made a horrible mistake! >:eek: I accidentally noted Morthal's Inn as the Windpeak Inn - but that's Dawnstar's Inn, not Morthal's, which is the Moorside. I can't change the title, so please just ignore all references to the Windpeak Inn and mentally replace them with the "Moorside Inn" instead. Thank you!

Drasok Ghett

Lol, Im new :P
    Andrew silently rode up the hill to Morthal "This town must have some secrets, considering how all the townsfolk keep to themselves, im sure its true" he said making his way into the town, the He made his way through the people, until he came across a sign. "Finally the Inn, I could use a room for the night" He said walking in.
    He sat at the counter for a little, "I wonder if anything exciting will happen while i'm here" He said with a dramatic sigh. He ordered some bread, then took it upon himself to ask about what was happening within the town.

Enthuz22

The cool, damp air of Morthal, taunt like an old hunting bow-string, crept into the Moorside Inn. A voice arrived with the brush of wind before the door closed again: “Finally, the Inn. I could use a room for the night.” Kishan kept still, interested but also, like the people of Morthal, wary of any newcomer. He refused to consider that he had somewhat adapted to their general persona. Nonetheless, travellers were a breath of fresh air, whatever type of air it would be; merchants keeping their heads lowered or being wanderers such as this man, seemingly unaffected by the clearly unwelcoming aura influenced by Morthal's residents.
    The man wondered aloud whether there was going to be any excitement in Morthal, proving that he was new to Morthal's ways; those with knowledge and wit about them of this scanty little town would keep their heads down and their voices soft, as if treading in a cavern. No excitement came into Morthal except for the wilderness; or perchance that was simply Kishan's life slipping into his bias. The man began to question Jonna, the owner and barmaid of the Moorside Inn. Luckily, he had not yet turned to Lurbuk, who seemed to be missing as of yet, which was even more of a good fortune, for the enthusiastic Orc was another reason that Kishan kept his weekly visits to the inn swift. His voice was nearly as horrible as his disposition. “Nothing happens in Morthal that you would be interested in, traveller. We keep to ourselves here,” Jonna told the stranger.
    Kishan rose to his feet and turned, getting his first impression of the stranger, who's back was currently facing him. Dark hair, skin appeared paler than most races, a sword hanging at his hip. Kishan approachd him, taking his good time. Jonna noticed him, head raised. Kishan took this early opportunity to speak to him: “Found your entertainment yet, stranger?”

Drasok Ghett

Lol, Im new :P
    Andrew frowned when he was told about the townsfolk that don't care for one another. But smiled at the friendly face that was behind him, he turned around to face the man. "In a town that's as quiet and depressing as this, what entertainment can be found?" Andrew smiled then stood up to shake the mans hand. "Are you a local as well?" He said trying to be as friendly as possible.

Enthuz22

Kishan offered his hand to shake. Was this a man he could work with? He seemed, to Kishan, perhaps too trusting; yet he had the feeling that this was not truly so. He was simply friendly, then, perhaps. Who could deny anyone that? "You could say that," he retorted. "I live around here. Nothing much to do in Morthal unless you're on masonry business or have business with the Jarl. Not the best place to hunt, either. Where do you come from?"

sosvodir

Breton
    "You wouldn't happen to be Anedra, would you?" as she walked up the steps to the inn, the Nord woman smiled at the Courier, "Aye, that'd be me." she said with a curt nod, taking the small, yellowed piece of paper from the man's hand, and replacing it with a few septims, "Thank you." she said, opening the door to the inn and stepping foot inside. Her sun-kissed skin was spotted with freckles, and while her cheeks were blotchy and red from the cold, she still had a matte glow to her skin.

Inhaling the scent of meed and roasted meat, the short Nord woman set her bag of goods on the nearest table and waved cheerfully to the owner of the place, "Long time no see," she breathed, still a bit winded from her cold trek from Whiterun. Anedra always loved traveling, and was known by many travelers as the Traveler, as she was a Bard, and played for anyone she could come across in the wilderness.. sometimes even Bandits.

Her leather books making light thumping noises, she walked up to the counter, a small bag of coins in her gloved palm, "Fifty, I'll be staying for the rest of the week." she said, picking up her belongings and walking to her room. After several minuets, she returned from behind the door, in a clean frock, and her lute in hand. Sitting by the fire, she smiled, her fingers moving smoothly over the strings, as they were no longer numb.

Enthuz22

Kishan's ears picked up the burdened sweep of the door of the inn opening once again. He stood facing the other stranger, body turned to the counter and head turned towards the man. As the door sounded, he turned his head slightly towards it. A Nordic woman walked up to them, her skin tainted by the sun and her cheeky ruddy from the cold and dampness of the hold Morthal resides in. Nonetheless, she beheld an inner glow, and Kishan found himself studying her clothes as well, as they were beyond well-worn, and although the Nordic women were just as hardy as the men, he wondered what woman would travel so much, and to Morthal.
    He had seen this woman before, albeit hidden from view for the first time. It had been the second day he had been in Morthal, and he had felt majorly threatened by the atmosphere that the citizens here seemed to revel in. And here was this lady, with an airbrushed aura to herself, unabashed by the people. He had kept to himself that night, and although he had noticed comings-and-goings of this stranger since, he hardly visited the inn, and he always preferred to do so when all was quieter.
    Kishan returned his attention to the male stranger as she said, looking directly past him at Jonna: “Long time no see.” She lifted her hand; Kishan kept still. “Fifty, I'll be staying for the rest of the week.” What for? Kishan turned his head slightly enough to see Jonna take the gold, looking unsurprised to see this woman before her.
    The woman of Nordic bearings turned and walked into a room. Kishan returned his full attention to the man again, although after a moment he heard her return, walking past him and past the central firepit. Not a moment longer he stood there when the soft sound of lute-music began to fill the inn. He couldn't resist but fully glance over at the woman sitting on a chair pulled up next to the fire, strumming a lute. A bard and a traveller, then, it seemed. What a strange place Morthal is, never ceasing to arouse his curiosity – and weariness more than anything else, for he was sick of the scent of fear on the air, despite nothing but frostbite spiders in the murkwoods being a subject for such an extreme emotion.

[sosvodir, could I please learn more about Anedra? I saw your “bio” on the Character Profiles thread, but it confused me quite a bit, for it seemed scattered and unclear, no offense intended.]

sosvodir

Breton
    Humming the words that swung along with the tune she played, Anedra let her thoughts wander. It'd been a lifetime, it seemed, since she'd been home. The Nord woman had been born and raised here, and though her elderly mother and father had always been dreary and cold people, like most people in the town.. it had never effected Anedra. Though Morthal brought back depressing memories, it also brought the better ones to her attention.

The time when she'd stumbled across the traveling sellsword, who'd given her his old dagger, which was still the only weapon she'd ever held. She smiled as she remembered the time that she accidentally took a swig of her father's meed. Simply remembering the taste of her first sweetrole brought the small to her nose. They were good times indeed.. nothing could ever take their place in her heart. But the darker moments... her mother's death. She'd always been determined to find who killed her, and how, but Anedra was a Bard, a traveler.. not a Warrior.

Shaking her head, she brought herself back into reality, remembering the letter that had been delivered to her. She sighed, setting her instrument down, but continuing to hum the medley. Taking the letter out of her pocket and unfolding it, her eyes darted to the bottom of the paper. It was from her father. Nearly jumping out of her seat, she picked up the lute and put it away in her room, her eyes skipping over the letters that embroidered the body of the note. "He's back.. why didn't you tell me?" she asked, breathlessly, a grin on her chin, her question directed towards the innkeeper.. but she only received a curt shrug.

Darting towards the door, paper in hand, the petite girl bursted out into the snow, the cold nipping sharply at her ears and nose. "Pa!" she shouted, her eyes meeting with an old man's, who stood across the town, on one of the docks, by a boat. The two raced toward each other, happiness springing from their hearts. As they met, Anedra planted a kiss on the man's chin, "You're back.. you're really back.. you're home.. you're sa-" her words were cut off as her eyes met her fathers arms. He was missing his left arm, from the elbow down. "Oh, Pa.." she murmured, hugging him closely, "Come on, I've got some fresh kill, I'll make you something warm." she said, practically dragging the elderly soldier by his arm.

Bursting back into the inn, she raced into her room, and began getting the ingredients together. As she came back into the main room, she smiled, her attempts to calm herself down weren't quite working, but they were getting someplace. "Here," she said, draping her small quilt over her father's shoulders. "Welcome home." she said, kissing his cheek as she went back to humming as she cooked, the smell of horker stew filling the warm air.

(Yeah, I'm currently editing all that.. I was in a rush when I made it.. I'll let you know when it's done.)

Enthuz22

[Alright, post again when you're done editing. I haven't read it yet, to keep my mind clean of any errors you would sooner have me forget.]

sosvodir

Breton
    [Alright, post again when you're done editing. I haven't read it yet, to keep my mind clean of any errors you would sooner have me forget.]

(I've edited my character profiles, though it may still be a bit confusing.. I apologize.)

Enthuz22

[Are they back into the Inn, or in a different building now?]

Kishan had been watching her, expression carefully blank. She appeared lost in thought, humming along to the music of the lute that she was stringing. She paused and took out a letter from her pocket, setting down her lute, after a long couple of moments. Disbelief clouded her expression; the Nordic woman leaped to her feet and looked straight at Jonna: "He's back ... why didn't you tell me?" Jonna just shrugged her tight little shoulders. Kishan, embarrassed if he had been caught watching, looked away as she bounded off through the door of the Inn.

sosvodir

Breton
    (They're in the Inn, sorry if I didn't make that clear.)

The wooden spoon kept tapping against the edge of the cast iron pot as Anedra stirred the stew, the tune she'd been plucking earlier was now drifting out her nose in a quiet hum. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a man watching her, which somewhat amused her. Taking a bowl off one of the shelves, she plopped a spoonful of the thick horker stew into it. Handing it to her father, she smiled, breathing in the salty smell, filling her lungs. Taking a couple more bowls off the shelf, she filled three more servings, setting one on the bar for Jonna, and offering one to the man she'd spotted watching her. The third bowl, she kept for herself, spooning the meat into her cheeks, finishing her supper in a few short moments. "You can sleep in my bed tonight, Pa. I don't want you sleeping in that old, cold house, all alone." her father smiled, nodding gratefully.

Enthuz22

The woman returned, towing an elderly man at her side, her expression radiating such joy that the tavern's air of tightness seemed to loosen it's bonds slightly. She moved to the cooking pot over the fire and began to work with it, speaking to the man with an unexpected softness, claiming that she was cooking horker soup.
    Kishan had noticed a few seconds after she returned into the inn that the old man was missing half of his left arm. His lips tightened, shoving off any judgements he had about how the man could've gotten such a wound, for Skyrim was a harsh, unforgiving land and he would sooner forget some of it's cons.
    The tapping of the ladle against the metal of the cooking pot chimed repeatedly. The woman began humming again. the same tune she had been humming before she had swiftly exited the inn. He watched shamelessly as she spooned the stew into four separate bowls, handing the first to her father and setting another aside for herself. She took the other two filled bowls, stood, and approached again. This time, Kishan didn't turn away, for what harm was there in curiosity as simple as this? She set one on the counter and offered one to him. He took it silently and nodded to her to visualize his thanks, holding it to his face and breathing in the salty smell of roasted horker stew before beginning to spoon it into his mouth.
    "You can sleep in my bed tonight, Pa. I don't want you sleeping in that old, cold house, all alone," he heard the Nordic woman say. Alright, so he was her father. Her bowl was already empty.
    Something about what she had said troubled Kishan. He set the bowl aside and paused for a long minute, eyes lowered.
    He turned towards the man; "Pardon me for a moment." He turned towards Jonna; a small clutter of gold coins were in his hand. She took them without expressive concern, no doubt thinking that he was going to spend the next couple of nights at the inn for once. He turned, however, and walked straight towards the woman and her father, his eyes glinting with a certain pride that his expression did not suffer. "Excuse me, ma'am and sir," he began, keeping to a polite tone, which he had not at all forgotten since he had left Dawnstar; the travellers he had met there had changed his life, and taught his many important lessons - especially mannerisms, which at the time of his early youth was surprisingly poor, despite his generalized politeness, for he had not believed in what he had spoken. "Ma'am, I overheard you, pardon me, and I wondered where you planned to sleep. There is no second bed in the room you chose. Would you mind moving to the room next to it? It has two beds, for travelling companions. No offense intended, but no woman should be left sleeping on a bedroll in an inn." He glanced back towards Jonna, who was watching him with strict wariness. Seeing him glance over at her, the innkeeper nodded, eyes flicking over towards the Nordic woman.

sosvodir

Breton
    Anedra's eyebrows elevated as the man approached her and her father, "I was planning on sleeping in my bedr-" she stopped, listening to the rest that the man had to say, "I would gladly do so, and I appreciate your concern, but I really do think I'll be fine - I'm used to it. anyway, I'm a traveler." she said, a slight tinge of regret in turning down the deal rolling off her tongue, but she'd be just fine.

Beside her, Anedra's father, Cilium, smiled, and nudged his daughter. Summoning a half nod, she sighed, "I guess you're right. Thank you, we will change rooms." she mumbled, raising an eyebrow at her father. The mute man had a sly from on his maw, proving that the war hadn't changed him one bit. Cilium was still the joyful soundless man who'd raised her.

Enthuz22

[Drasok Ghett: Where are you? If you remain inactive for too long, we will have to ignore your character's previous presence and act as if they exited the inn. I understand that life can get in the way, and I do not mean to push, prod, or otherwise offend you. Thank you; please post or send me a PM when you return, if you do.]
    [I had a problem with filter keys, so I apologize but I am not sorry if my post is too long or too short, for I am very happy to be able to type again, although I am also just recovering from my extreme frustration. Also, to note, I had an mysterious incident yesterday where I got a deep cut in my thumb but have no idea what caused it; this makes typing more uncomfortable for me, although it has healed remarkably quickly, which is quite strange in and of itself. Nonetheless, be prepared for a post that may be longer than normal.]
    [Third, and finally, I would like to shout out a notice about my signature; I have a new thread and a SkyBlog - my name for a blog-styled journal on a specific thread on the Skyrim Forums - to go with it, so feel free to join in the thread and/or watch both threads! Thank you for your patience. Now, back to the RP.]

The woman nearly interrupted Kishan; he had encountered such things when he was being raised, although travellers usually did not display such mannerisms. They paused at the same time, and Kishan took that moment to continue. "I would gladly do so," she replied, looking at him with raised eyebrows, "and I do appreciate your concern, but I really do think I'll be fine - I'm used to it. Anyway, I'm a traveler." She sounded slightly regretful, although not bashful in the least. However, the old man, sitting next to her, smiled and nudged her lightly. The Nordic woman sighed and gave a small nod. "I guess you're right. Thank you, we will change rooms," she muttered, head moving to look at her father.
    Kishan watched the two for a second longer. "Your father has a keen sense for well-meaning people, Miss. I've already paid Jonna. Don't mind it, though. You two have a good rest and reunion." He nodded towards them, eyes flicking from the woman to the quiet, injured elder, then turned around and headed back to the young male Nordic stranger, pulling up a stool and settling down onto it.
    He truly did wish them well. Although he was searching for a companion to travel with, Kishan saw clearly that this woman had her father to take care of, and despite her hardiness she seemed to have a good, bright heart.
    He considered returning to Dawnstar, despite the issues that had propped up there years ago. He had not left on good terms with his brother, but he missed him and his family. He missed, too, the travellers who used to arrive there and stay nights at the inn - but nobody travelled to Dawnstar anymore. It was out of the question, and even if he would visit, he would be well off not staying for more than a night before leaving again. As he thought this out, he picked up the bowl of stew and spooned it into his mouth. Later tonight, he would savor a cup of wine and become immersed in one of the books the inn supplied before taking a nap and leaving early-morning to his camp in the shallow depths of the murkwoods.

sosvodir

Breton
    She widened her eyes, "Oh, no.. that won't be necessary." she chuckled, shaking her head, "How much extra was it?" she asked, her fingers trailing to the coin purse that rested on her thigh. She sighed, narrowing her eyes teasingly at her father. As the man walked away, she frowned, wondering what his story was. She tended to be a bit nosy when people's pasts came to play, but she couldn't help it. "So, Pa.. what was it like?" she asked in awe, turning to the white haired soldier beside her once more. Pulling a piece of paper and a pen from his pocket, he began to write. When he was done scrabbling on the thin pick of parchment, he handed it off to his daughter, who took it eagerly.

He told her about the stale meed that they drank, and the constant smell of pine and sweat. He told her about all the men he'd met, and a few of the women as well. He described how he'd lost his arm, and how he'd almost bled to death if it weren't for a kind Imperial woman. When she read about her, her eyes darted up, "An Imperial?" she asked, reading it over again. Nodding, Cilium motioned for her to continue reading. It turned out, the woman was raised in Windhelm, and married into a family of Imperials, who pressured her to join the legion. Taking a breath, Anedra sat back in her seat, "Bizarre.." she mumbled, "A blessing from Talos, indeed." she whispered, smiling a the fire.

Enthuz22

[What does your character herself look like?]
    The kinswoman's voice rose and fell behind Kishan as he finished the stew. He stood and looked at the innkeeper. "I'll be staying here for the night." He handed her the necessary amount of coins and turned. His bow, quiver, sword, and knapsack were next to the door, splayed against the wall. He walked to them and picked them up, turning and stepping into a smaller single-bed room. He set the weapons back down, propped against the wall, closed the door gently, and dragged his knapsack to the bed. He sat down and set it next to him, undoing the button and flipping it open, widening the lip of the backpack and moving it so that the light struck the items inside of it; two books, a small leather journal, charcoal pen, and a three-quarters-full waterskin. He took out the journal and pen and closed the knapsack again, setting it farther away from him. He leaned against the wall, still sitting on the bed, and opened the journal. It was his fourth journal since he came to Morthal; the rest of his journals were in his empty bedroom at the family house in Dawnstar, locked away for good measure. The rest of his journals from his time in Morthal were back at the murkwood camp in the supplies sack there, high within the trees where an old spruce was bend double, providing an ideal guardpost and hunting perch.
    He began to scrawl in the first blank page he found, eyes blank as he skimmed the pages.

Loredas, 7th of Last Seed, 4E 201

Moorside Inn - Morthal - Skyrim - Tamriel
    Came to the Inn at the usual time. This time I am searching for travellers, not silence, and I found them. One is a stranger to Morthal, it seems; a Nordic male with pale blue-grey eyes and charcoal-black hair. He bore armor of light make, and he seemed surprisingly friendly for any traveller, especially one coming to Morthal. He was strange, coming here to uncover secrets he believed the citizens keep hidden for ill and greedy means. Looking for adventure; I look for a companion, not for a trouble-seeker, but I will not judge him any further or any harsher, for I do not truly know him. He is outside now at the bar.
    The Nordic woman arrived today; I got a fair glance at her; skin darkened by the sun and burned by the cold dampness of Morthal's poor weather cycle. It is Last Seed after all, and it snows more than it rains, which is a twist that I'm not altogether grateful for, although it means that the deer will soon be more out in the open to search for winterberries, I believe. The woman was with an old man - her father, I presume - who spoke nothing and was without half of his left arm. They speak together, now. The elderly man and myself had to press so the lady would, too, have a bed to sleep in. She seems bright and cautious, naturally tough, but both seem to have gentle, joyful hearts. Good people. She would be a good companion, as would her father, but she must care for him. I can tell that they both have great love for each other. It warms my heart.
    Last night, I dreamt that I returned to Dawnstar, and found my brother five years older and myself the same. He claimed that I ran away because of jealousy. He was wrong. I left because of fear, and because I was angry; and life in Dawnstar was dead and cursed. And it was bland. I cut my own path in life, and converse with obstacles in my path.
    I do miss him so, though. I considered returning home, but it is too dangerous. The only secure way to survive, now, is to continue forwards in my life and keep the past in mind but not in thought. I hunger for new lands and new people. I will keep looking for companions, and perhaps keep my eyes on these three new faces, for they are unfamiliar and I am intrigued.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts