Skyrim Forum

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
My second's named Ginalee, Gina or Gin for short. An Altmer, an ex-courtesan and nowadays a thief. Uses mainly daggers and light armor. Gin doesn't really see her stealing habits as such a bad thing; her backstory's a long one, but in her mind wealth and riches are her birthright, and it's not her fault if nobody is willing to give them to her. Gina's somewhat of a lone wolf - while she has a few friends she has learnt to not truly trust in anyone expect herself. She's a member of the Thieves Guild, as you brobably guessed.

Sorry, I think I got a bit carried away... :D
Monolith
Monolith
Mos def! :D You and me both! I'd carry out all my communication in English if I could get away with it ;D Your written English is spotless, so your spoken form can't be too far behind ;) I'd love to hear your voice, btw, in case you have a recording you could put up in my thread :)
Awesome characters btw! I love the exposition and backstories, they really help flesh them out and breathe life into them 8)
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
Gee, thank you! I wouldn't go that far though - I do have a passion for our native tongue as well. I think it's a beautiful language. I have a ton of original stories and characters of my own, and when I get around to writing them, I use Finnish and Finnish only. Just the thought of my OC's talking English cracks me up... XD

And thank you also for the kind words, sir. I kinda like my girls as well.

A recording I don't have. Will see what I can do about that. BTW, you wouldn't have Skype, would you?
Monolith
Monolith
Sure thing miss ;) I do appreciate its structure and certain elegance, too, but as a language of self-expression I find it incredibly clumsy. Every piece of poetry, lyrics and whatnot that I've ever written has been in English. But that's just me, living in the US did a number on me :D I used to write fantasy fiction too, btw. I was building a world from the ground up, but the project spiraled out of control eventually :p
I bet they've had some awesome adventures ;)

Cool, looking forward to it :) Sadly I don't have Skype, but I might be inclined to get it sometime ;)
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
Hah, yeah, it seems that you're not alone with that opinion. Everybody at school hates me because I always bitch about grammar and spelling errors that our teachers sometimes. What can I say, I just love Finnish and hate to see it used poorly. Which reminds me, I need to find myself a copy of Kalevala one of these days...

Ever think of returning to that world of yours? I've been creating my own for about 9-ish years now. Sure, creating an entire planet from scratch is a infinite, massive project, but I simply couldn't live without it.
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
*that our teacher sometimes MAKE.

Ironic, isn' it.
Monolith
Monolith
Haha, ironic indeed ;D But yeah, I can be a grammar nazi, too! I hate it when people fluff up compound words, like "hiihto loma" That really burns my balls! xD Ah, but Kalevala.. that would be epic bedtime reading!

I've thought about returning to my world, and indeed I might one day! I still have everything saved on my computer. You must be very much further ahead if you've been at it for 9 years, though! :0 I used to make simplistic RPG worlds for my own pen-and-paper RPGs back when I was a kid, but they were never this ambitious and massive.
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
Ughhh, tell me about it. The most annoying thing is when teachers etc. just respond to me that "Well, I don't teach Finnish" when I complain about their grammar - so their argument is that only Finnish teachers should know how to write Finnish properly?!
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
I think you should give it another go sometime.
Creating a fantasy world of your own can be great fun. I've been making up characters and stories since I was a kid, and a few years ago I begun to take all the enviroments I had previously created and started putting them together into one whole. And now I just keep adding stuff and digging deeper into the parts that already exist. Not a single day goes by I don't think of something new. Couldn't do without it, it's therapeutic if nothing else :D

So, you RP?
Monolith
Monolith
Yeah, that's a poor excuse to not know Finnish grammar! >:D Granted, it's one of the most tricky languages in the world, but still..
It was great fun, I remember getting into a flow and just losing myself in the creative process for hours 8) Good times! My approach was similar to yours, btw; I took snippets of my old unfinished work and started to fuse them together, expanding upon it with new material. It was extremely therapeutic for me as well; escapism from the evils of this world. Would be cool to see a little of what you've created, btw! :)

I used to RP, but haven't done so in many a year. I guess my imagination has lost its edge :/ But I'm not opposed to trying it again sometime!
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
I think you managed to describe the awesomness of that perfectly, I couldn't agree more.
As for the sharing, I'd love to see some of your stuff as well! The main problem in my case is that as much as I create, I'm really lazy actually putting anything on paper. So apart from like one complete short story, I literally have nothing to show you ATM. I can't draw, can't create digital images, so no maps or anything like that either... Kinda pathetic, now that I think about it - nine years of hard work and basically nothing to show for it. The older stories I'd written were lost with my old computer.
Monolith
Monolith
It was a great avenue of self-expression 8) I wish I could recapture the creative flow I had at the time. I wrote tons of poetry, too. Nowadays I'm just making music mostly :p
Ah, that's a damn shame, you not having much on paper/word file :/ Would've been awesome to see something, maps, character bios, anything :) I could maybe show you some of my own work sometime 8)
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
Well, maybe it'll come back to you someday.

Oh, you make music? Cool!
Monolith
Monolith
I hope so! :)
Yeah, I've been involved in various band projects and line-ups for years now. We're kinda working on an EP right now.. we have 8-9 songs that are half-ready. Just need to wrap them up and record em in a proper studio!
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
That's freaking awesome. What kinda music do you play?
Monolith
Monolith
We play all kinds of stuff 8) This current project combines funk, blues, pop, surf rock etc. It's pretty groovy and catchy stuff :) I used to play in a pop-rock band called The Wasteland, which was kinda similar to The Calling and such bands sound wise. I only wrote the basslines and the lyrics to one single song, so I didn't have much say in the creative process. Since then we've done a whole bunch of different stuff. When I'm playing solo, I usually like to play funky and groovy stuff (quite unsurprisingly, as it often puts the bass player in the spotlight ;D ). But I listen to a wide variety of different genres.
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
That's interesting. I'd love to hear some of your music sometimes.
Monolith
Monolith
I think that can be arranged. At least once the songs are a little more finished :D I could send you something via email..
Asiaxfani
Asiaxfani
Awesomness, keep me posted!
Monolith
Monolith
Will do ;) Maybe I can also send you a little piece of my fantasy world.