Spoiler Where will the the Dragonborn end up in the Afterlife

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
I started to think, in Theives Guild questline you will become a Nightgale, Nightgales will go th Evergloam in Afterlife, but the problem is, if you are a Werewolf then you will end up in Hircine's hunting grounds, if the Dragonborn is both Nightgale and Werewolf....then where will the Dragonborn go in Afterlife

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
The important thing to remember here is that the Dragonborn does not have just one soul. He/she has as many souls as he/she has killed dragons, plus one (his/her own). All debts to (d)aedra are paid off with these, while the Dragonborn and any remaining dragon souls go wherever his/her spirit takes him/her.

Starki113r

Bear with me on all this. I know it's a lot to read, but give these theories some valid thought...
As a werewolf, you would go to Hircine's Hunting Grounds, unless (Spoiler) you cure yourself of your Lycanthropy, freeing yourself from either a wondrous or horrible fate (depending on your preferences).
As a Nightingale, you would be forced to serve Nocturnal in the Evergloam until she feels your service is sufficient enough to free your soul to wander the shadows, watching over your fellow thieves for all eternity.
As Listener for the Dark Brotherhood, you are bound to the Void upon death, and as such much serve Sithis for all time.
As a Vampire (either normal or Volkihar), it is possible (unconfirmed and by no means certain) that you are bound to the service of Molag Bal in his realm Coldharbour, as he is the Father of all Vampires.
As a Nord (my personal choice because the game takes place in Skyrim), due to your numerous deeds and accomplishments in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you have the chance to go to Sovngarde, though other loyalties/debts incurred may prevent this.
As a Dragonborn, you are the chosen champion of the primary god of the Eight and One Divines, and due to your abilites and feats may very well be the reincarnation of Hjalti Early-Beard/Tiber Septim/Talos of Atmora/Talos Stormcrown/Ysmir (Dragon of the North, a title you are granted for your status as Dovahkiin, and likely one given to all Dragonborn who undergo training in the Way of the Voice by the Greybeards); thus, you may very well follow in the footsteps of your previous life and/or predecessor.
As Alduin's Bane, you may ascend to Divinity for your superhuman feat.
As the Last Dragonborn, you may be considered exempt from all above paths simply due to your absolutely unique status in not only Nirn, but in the history of Mundus (the First Dragonborn was probably Alessia, and became a Saint; you're the last, so you may earn a similar honorific, if not better).
Due to the abundance of souls absorbed during your campaigns throughout Skyrim, it is possible that these may be used to "pay the debts" you owe, as stated by a previous theory in this post, though it is highly unlikely.
But, and this is my favorite, you may actually end up having ALL OF THESE occur to you, for one simple reason: you are a living, breathing Dragon Break. You not only temporarily broke the Dragonborn Prophecy (Alduin was supposed to destroy all life and end time, but you delayed him), but you also travelled back in time (with the use of the Dragon Elder Scroll in the quest Alduin's Bane), causing one break in the space-time continuum, but you also travelled to the plane of Aetherius when you reached Sovngarde, which, if you remember from Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, travelling to Aetherius caused a Dragon Break then as well (when attempting to recover the Mantella), known as the Warp of the West or the Miracle of Peace. Since Dragon Breaks pretty much make everything that happens in their relative timeframe fairly screwed up, it's also possible that:
1) Both the Empire and the Stormcloaks won and/or loss the civil war in Skyrim.
2) The Volkihar Vampires and the Dawnguard were both victorious and/or destroyed in the culmination Tyranny of the Sun Prophecy.
3) All faction quests did and didn't occur.
4) The Dragonborn ascends, is forced into servitude by Nocturnal, is consigned to Hircine's Hunting Grounds, inhabits Sovngarde alongside other Nord honorable dead (if a Nord), is made a Saint (if Jiub is a Saint, then the Bane of the World-Eater should be one!), is forced to serve Sithis in the Void for eternity, and all the other proposed death scenarios, while at the same time remaining on the physical plane as a mortal/immortal warrior of godlike power and acclaim (much in the way Mannimarco both ascended and didn't after Daggerfall).
WOW, that took a lot of typing. Sorry if it was long-winded, but I've had these theories brewing for a LONG time.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
My character's really evil, so I think he would rise to Daedra-hood.
Pretty much the opposite of Talos.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
My toon is kick-butt bad, wholly evil... Although her name is Kat, most people call her "Oh, crap here she comes hide your kids, or yourself for that matter. Trust me, that means not so good if she in Riften. You know, with the orphange and all... She was put in jail because she was chasing a little kid with a torch and a sword... Yup, nobody adopted that kid.... She's gonna be the daedric prince of child murder, plots of child murder, and hiding child murders

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I would not describe my character as evil, she's very protective of the people of Skyrim. Even the rude nasty ones, like Nazeem. Kalin has saved Skyrim, has saved all of Tamriel.

However..She has sworn her soul to just about every daedric lord she's stumbled across in return for their secrets. All in the name of arcane science. To better know the unknowable. To tighten our tenuous grasp on the magnus, to tug and fray at the fabric of reality! It takes drive. A will possessed of singular vision. One must not fear to set aside social norms, to ignore petty mundane taboos set down by those that fear to gaze into the marble jaws of oblivion!

Julianos forgive me.

Diisk

The dragonborn never does, he just takes an arrow to the knee and retires.

But there is no way to tell where he would go for sure. Because if he's a nord he would go to sovenguard but, if he was a werewolf the hunting ground. So I think that he would actually end up in sovenguard no matter the circumstance even if he was a elf because they say that he will come back one day. And also common that big dude guarding the entrance to the hall can't be a nord. Look at him he's the size of a giant.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
few people are still understanding it wrong, i mean, if the Dragonborn did all quests which means, he sworn to serve Nocturnal in evergloam and and is a Werewolf who will end up in Hircine's Hunting Grounds, and a listener that should end up in the void, and a Dragonborn's who's destiny to remain in Sovngarde, where he will end up?!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
few people are still understanding it wrong, i mean, if the Dragonborn did all quests which means, he sworn to serve Nocturnal in evergloam and and is a Werewolf who will end up in Hircine's Hunting Grounds, and a listener that should end up in the void, and a Dragonborn's who's destiny to remain in Sovngarde, where he will end up?!

All the deities in question get together and play Rock Paper Scissor for the Dragonborn's soul. Best of three wins.

The answer is that the soul would go to the first. If, for example, the Dragonborn has already sworn his soul to Nocturnal, than he is her property. He may then become a werewolf. However, you can not legally give away what you do not own, Hercine (in this example) has been bilked. Duped. Tricked, swindled, bamboozled and flimflammed.

Of course, he could still claim it, and drag the dragonborn's stolen soul to The Hunting Grounds anyway.
That's between Nocturnal and Himself. Hardly professional, though.

Sovengarde is a reward for a life of valor and bravery. It is not a thing that reaches out to claim you, but a place the soul goes to willingly. To rest, fight, drink and feast for all time along side the heroes of old. If a soul is not free, it can not go there. The Dragonborn will not go there, not if he does not have ownership of his own soul.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
and a listener that should end up in the void
I thought only dark brotherhood victims end up in the void. :confused:

Tyrone

I'm guessing my high elf would either end up slaved to a daedra for eternity, or if he gets enough power, maybe even ascend to becoming a daedra himself, of some sorts

Omega Dragon

My Dragonborn is going to create her own realm, "The Realm of Draconia", and party there. Screw all these other realms which have nothing on Draconia! <,<

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I assumed my Dragonborn's soul would be torn to pieces in a brutal team deathmatch between the Aedra, Daedra and anyone else who has a stake in it.

Should be entertaining, anyway.

Clevdawg15

Bear with me on all this. I know it's a lot to read, but give these theories some valid thought...
As a werewolf, you would go to Hircine's Hunting Grounds, unless (Spoiler) you cure yourself of your Lycanthropy, freeing yourself from either a wondrous or horrible fate (depending on your preferences).
As a Nightingale, you would be forced to serve Nocturnal in the Evergloam until she feels your service is sufficient enough to free your soul to wander the shadows, watching over your fellow thieves for all eternity.
As Listener for the Dark Brotherhood, you are bound to the Void upon death, and as such much serve Sithis for all time.
As a Vampire (either normal or Volkihar), it is possible (unconfirmed and by no means certain) that you are bound to the service of Molag Bal in his realm Coldharbour, as he is the Father of all Vampires.
As a Nord (my personal choice because the game takes place in Skyrim), due to your numerous deeds and accomplishments in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you have the chance to go to Sovngarde, though other loyalties/debts incurred may prevent this.
As a Dragonborn, you are the chosen champion of the primary god of the Eight and One Divines, and due to your abilites and feats may very well be the reincarnation of Hjalti Early-Beard/Tiber Septim/Talos of Atmora/Talos Stormcrown/Ysmir (Dragon of the North, a title you are granted for your status as Dovahkiin, and likely one given to all Dragonborn who undergo training in the Way of the Voice by the Greybeards); thus, you may very well follow in the footsteps of your previous life and/or predecessor.
As Alduin's Bane, you may ascend to Divinity for your superhuman feat.
As the Last Dragonborn, you may be considered exempt from all above paths simply due to your absolutely unique status in not only Nirn, but in the history of Mundus (the First Dragonborn was probably Alessia, and became a Saint; you're the last, so you may earn a similar honorific, if not better).
Due to the abundance of souls absorbed during your campaigns throughout Skyrim, it is possible that these may be used to "pay the debts" you owe, as stated by a previous theory in this post, though it is highly unlikely.
But, and this is my favorite, you may actually end up having ALL OF THESE occur to you, for one simple reason: you are a living, breathing Dragon Break. You not only temporarily broke the Dragonborn Prophecy (Alduin was supposed to destroy all life and end time, but you delayed him), but you also travelled back in time (with the use of the Dragon Elder Scroll in the quest Alduin's Bane), causing one break in the space-time continuum, but you also travelled to the plane of Aetherius when you reached Sovngarde, which, if you remember from Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, travelling to Aetherius caused a Dragon Break then as well (when attempting to recover the Mantella), known as the Warp of the West or the Miracle of Peace. Since Dragon Breaks pretty much make everything that happens in their relative timeframe fairly screwed up, it's also possible that:
1) Both the Empire and the Stormcloaks won and/or loss the civil war in Skyrim.
2) The Volkihar Vampires and the Dawnguard were both victorious and/or destroyed in the culmination Tyranny of the Sun Prophecy.
3) All faction quests did and didn't occur.
4) The Dragonborn ascends, is forced into servitude by Nocturnal, is consigned to Hircine's Hunting Grounds, inhabits Sovngarde alongside other Nord honorable dead (if a Nord), is made a Saint (if Jiub is a Saint, then the Bane of the World-Eater should be one!), is forced to serve Sithis in the Void for eternity, and all the other proposed death scenarios, while at the same time remaining on the physical plane as a mortal/immortal warrior of godlike power and acclaim (much in the way Mannimarco both ascended and didn't after Daggerfall).
WOW, that took a lot of typing. Sorry if it was long-winded, but I've had these theories brewing for a LONG time.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

Wow! Lots of good arguments, and I do agree with how dragon souls may act as get out of jail cards but somehow I doubt a god would want to replace a heros soul with a dragon's soul. To me how ever I think the dragon born is a demigod, half talos half mortal and therefore can probably do whatever he or she wants, and whether to fulfill his promises or not.

Starki113r, I do have to disagree with your dragon break theories seem too inclusive and it seems a little too unnatural for Mundas and the heavans. Finally, I don't think the dragon born would become a god because of being alduins bane mostly because the dragon born sees the three heros that defeated alduin before just chillen in sovengarde

¬Rockstar

supposedly imperials and bretons(?) share nordic blood - so do they go to sovngarde?

I believe that by having the soul of a dragon in a man's body, the soul of the Dragonborn, goes where the souls of all the other dragons will. Perhaps the gods have chosen the soul of a dragon that had opposed the Alduin in another life, transforming him into a man, so I believe it.