Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Bottom line, stop comparing skyrim with RL :cowboy:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Though interestingly enough, many Stormcloak supporters go on about how the Empire throws people in jail. They overlook Threki the Innocent, who was thrown in jail because she spoke out against Ulfric and the Stormcloaks, saying the rebellion is only because Ulfric wants the throne of Skyrim.

Least the Empire supporters don't throw people in jail because they speak badly about the Legions.

"It matters little if some people here are ignorant of that truth, they are still citizens of the Empire, it is our solemn duty to protect them."

Stephen Daidalus

The war in Skyrim is a lot like the American Revolution. The Imperials are the British and The Stormcloaks are the Americans. The Imperials are trying to take over Skyrim and make it their own. The Stormcloaks want the Imperials out of Skyrim so they can be free and independent of Imperial rule. It's just like what happened during the American Revolution. The British wanted to take control of America and the Americans wanted to be free and independent of British rule. I chose the Stormcloaks because Skyrim should be free of Imperial rule. That and the Imperials tried to execute my character even though he wasn't on their damn list. LONG LIVE THE STORMCLOAKS!!!.

tumblr_lrn74osY7f1ql059co1_400.gif

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I can't believe this discussion is still going on! I check in every few days on you guys and it always seems like someone new chimes in and the discussion starts all over again. It's fascinating! I have learned more about Tamriel history, politics and background in this one discussion than I ever could any other way!

Daelon DuLac

for all you know your character could be being executed for some horrible crime and the Imperials are completely justified in executing him/her
I don't think so. As an imperial, they were far too apologetic for me to have actually have done something. I think it's just that I was in the vicinity when they captured Ulfrich and that was why they were executing. The worst crime they listed off (other than Ulfich's of course), seemed to be theft. While I understand that the Imperials need to control their holdings, it seemed a bit kneejerk. I did Stormcloaks this time as an imperial, but I think I'll do imperial as a Nord next time.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't think so. As an imperial, they were far too apologetic for me to have actually have done something. I think it's just that I was in the vicinity when they captured Ulfrich and that was why they were executing. The worst crime they listed off (other than Ulfich's of course), seemed to be theft. While I understand that the Imperials need to control their holdings, it seemed a bit kneejerk. I did Stormcloaks this time as an imperial, but I think I'll do imperial as a Nord next time.

You were assumed to be a Stormcloak, along with Lokir of Rorikstead. It's why he was pleading with the Stormcloaks to tell the Imperials that you and him are not with them. Imperials are very strict about upholding the rule of law, so chances are if the Stormcloaks denounced your involvement, they would have to look into it, by the slim chance you're actually innocent. So before anyone blames the Imperials, look towards your Stormcloak buddies who did not say a single word about your non involvement.

The Imperial Legion's orders were to capture the Stormcloaks, end the rebellion. You were suspected of being a Stormcloak, being caught with Ulfric and his own personal bodyguards. It's not like they found you three miles away down the road, you were in the exact same ambush and captured alongside the Ulfric Stormcloak and his guard.

The Imperials weren't like very apologetic about it either, Tullius mentions something that it was probably a misunderstanding. Hadvar well, he is Hadvar.

Hell even Ulfric thinks you're a criminal, "So long as your criminal past stays in the past, and you fight for me with honor and integrity, we'll welcome you into our ranks." - Ulfric Stormcloak.

Bastard calls himself innocent and calls you a criminal.

Daelon DuLac

You were assumed to be a Stormcloak, along with Lokir of Rorikstead. It's why he was pleading with the Stormcloaks to tell the Imperials that you and him are not with them. Imperials are very strict about upholding the rule of law, so chances are if the Stormcloaks denounced your involvement, they would have to look into it, by the slim chance you're actually innocent. So before anyone blames the Imperials, look towards your Stormcloak buddies who did not say a single word about your non involvement.

The Imperial Legion's orders were to capture the Stormcloaks, end the rebellion. You were suspected of being a Stormcloak, being caught with Ulfric and his own personal bodyguards. It's not like they found you three miles away down the road, you were in the exact same ambush and captured alongside the Ulfric Stormcloak and his guard.

The Imperials weren't like very apologetic about it either, Tullius mentions something that it was probably a misunderstanding. Hadvar well, he is Hadvar.

Hell even Ulfric thinks you're a criminal, "So long as your criminal past stays in the past, and you fight for me with honor and integrity, we'll welcome you into our ranks." - Ulfric Stormcloak.

Bastard calls himself innocent and calls you a criminal.
All very true. And I agree. I didn't really pay that much attention at that point, but now I do remember Ulfich accusing me of having a criminal past (although, given my backstory, I did not have one until I arrived in Skyrim for adventure). I can't really blame the Imperials for the arrest (as I was obviously in Ulfrich's company for some reason - I can only assume that I was new to the area and met these guys on the road or something and they seemed nice?). I was neither side for the longest time but finally did it. Next time I may still join the Stormcloaks simply so I can keep the crown for myself, but, at this point, when I replay, I may just avoid the whole brewhaha altogether as it really isn't a very important part of the game to me. Honestly, who cares. My backstories never involve politics and they always involve coming to Skyrim to make my fortune and have some adventure and freedom, so why would I involve myself. Besides, I'm always so morally ambiguous anyway, it doesn't matter. If I'd had my choice, I would have simply Fus Ro dahed Ulfirich's butt while he sat on his tacky throne anyhow and given him a taste of what he did to the poor High King. If I had the ability to run him through when I met him, I would have done so. He was no help at Helgen, only the guy from Riverwood was.

Daelon DuLac

He also seems to have known a secret even faster route out of Helgen ,as he's nowhere in the Keep, which he doesn't bother to share.
Although, now I know that a little jumping would have gotten me out a heck of a lot quicker and in a totally different direction without going through all the trouble of going through the keep. On the other hand you would have ended up unarmored and unarmed if you did that.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Although, now I know that a little jumping would have gotten me out a heck of a lot quicker and in a totally different direction without going through all the trouble of going through the keep. On the other hand you would have ended up unarmored and unarmed if you did that.
I didn't know you could do that.:confused:
Wouldn't your hands remain bound?

On Topic:
Ulfric Sucks. Death to the Stormcloak....etc..etc

Daelon DuLac

I didn't know you could do that.:confused:
Wouldn't your hands remain bound?

On Topic:
Ulfric Sucks. Death to the Stormcloak....etc..etc
i hadn't thought of that. I suppose you could always just let him cut you free and then go the other direction. It might be just a little hard to defend yourself when you all bound up. As I said - it has been a long time since I started a new game.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
i hadn't thought of that. I suppose you could always just let him cut you free and then go the other direction. It might be just a little hard to defend yourself when you all bound up. As I said - it has been a long time since I started a new game.
Well they cut you free once you're in the Keep and once you're in it I don't think you can exit.

Daelon DuLac

Well they cut you free once you're in the Keep and once you're in it I don't think you can exit.
I had read in other threads that there were other ways out of the keep. I also don't remember my hands being tied during my run to the keep trying to keep away from Alduin. If I can find the thread on alternate exits, I'll be sure to post it. Like I said, it's been a long time since I started a game so my memories a little fuzzy, but I'm sure you don't have to do the storyline the way they lay it out. You know Skyrim, unless you're actually in a dialogue, you can always find an alternative.

KingNLD

don't listen to what the game says but think by yourself so that mean if you are a outsider or a nord

Nord: my country is occupied by the Imperials :mad: where is my freedom?
Neutral people: skyrim is occupied by the Imperials

Nazi Imperials: this is my Country

if my country will be occupied by a other country i will my freedom to and my nationality

what skyrim tells you Nord: i will my religion it's a stupid reason and the imperials thanks to our's skyrim is save
and a few more reason

skyrim is safe by the Nords why?
if the Imperials take there little army back to there homeland there are stronger
it's better for skyrim when they have there own army wich will be bigger than a little colony army
and it's better for cydrill to have there full army..!!!

but think by yourself then you will be freedom and a country of your own.
if you most believe skyrim yeah than it's really plops story (the war)

(sorry for my bad english)

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
don't listen to what the game says but think by yourself so that mean if you are a outsider or a nord

Nord: my country is occupied by the Imperials :mad: where is my freedom?
Neutral people: skyrim is occupied by the Imperials

Nazi Imperials: this is my Country

if my country will be occupied by a other country i will my freedom to and my nationality

what skyrim tells you Nord: i will my religion it's a stupid reason and the imperials thanks to our's skyrim is save
and a few more reason

skyrim is safe by the Nords why?
if the Imperials take there little army back to there homeland there are stronger
it's better for skyrim when they have there own army wich will be bigger than a little colony army
and it's better for cydrill to have there full army..!!!

but think by yourself then you will be freedom and a country of your own.
if you most believe skyrim yeah than it's really pl*** story (the war)

(sorry for my bad english)
I don't mean
Did you even read the previous posts? Imperials NEVER occupied Skyrim, Skyrim was always in the Empire. The banning of Talos is temporary, only till they are ready for another war.

The Nords have Eight other gods, what about them, leaving out one won't make a difference. Besides, Sovngarde is Shor's plain.