A name for an Argonian Dragonborn

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I am currently in the process of creating an Argonian who longs for power, learning through being the Dragonborn. So I am looking for a name that the parents of an Argonian would give to their child in the Naming Ceremony, such as "Climbs-Trees".

The name needs to be affiliated with "searching for power", hopefully something to do with Dovahkiin.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Off the top of my head:

Seeks-Knowledge-Power (Mage)
Steals-Power (Thief)
Hunts-Power (Warrior)
Seeks-Power (Any)
Hungers-Power (Any)

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I'm thinking something like Born-of-Dovah, but I would prefer a better word than 'of'. Of course, I'd settle for 'of' if no-one thinks of anything.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
amphiblion or amphibleon you know coz he is a reptile or reptilios sounds good if i do say so myself lmao

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Dragon-Strength or Dovah-Strength if you want to go that route.

Or any of the ones that Squirrel listed. How would his parents know that he had any affiliation with the Dovah, though? Or is this not RP-oriented?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I say give him a name that's similar to the dragons. Use their own language.

Benthos

Proud Mer
What's wrong with just Dragon-blood or Dragon-born? Simple, to the point, not trying to be dramatic or cool about it and it defines you.
Then there's the actual name itself, will you be born from the Black Marshes or are you more native or from someplace else? Raised by Argonians or by another race? That'll also affect your character's name, it's also pretty fun coming up with a back story so it builds the dimensions of your character moreso than Skyrim and the player can do on its own.

Example:
Rumar the Dragon-blood.
Rumar the Dragon-born.

What's wrong with just Dragon-blood or Dragon-born? Simple, to the point, not trying to be dramatic or cool about it and it defines you.
Then there's the actual name itself, will you be born from the Black Marshes or are you more native or from someplace else? Raised by Argonians or by another race? That'll also affect your character's name, it's also pretty fun coming up with a back story so it builds the dimensions of your character moreso than Skyrim and the player can do on its own.

Example:
Rumar the Dragon-blood.
Rumar the Dragon-born.

I agree with this post, with the only caveat being that I don't think the person who named the argonian would know ahead of time that he/she was Dragonborn, and thus wouldn't be so specific in the name. But I agree 100% with fleshing out the backstory, and using that to help name the character.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I agree with this post, with the only caveat being that I don't think the person who named the argonian would know ahead of time that he/she was Dragonborn, and thus wouldn't be so specific in the name. But I agree 100% with fleshing out the backstory, and using that to help name the character.
That may be true but those last names are given not like our last names where they are given by birth but later in life, why else are some folks named after feats they have achieved or by their personality/behavior?

That may be true but those last names are given not like our last names where they are given by birth but later in life, why else are some folks named after feats they have achieved or by their personality/behavior?

Hmm....good point. That being the case, a straightforward approach works fine. I still prefer names that allude to, but not directly name the trait. Something like Vizzar Dragon-Tamer, or Soul-Of-Dragons.

All this talk makes me want to start an argonian character! lol :D I still have yet to play one on Skyrim.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
It's my first Argonian character too! :D I am currently failing to defeat Krosis :p

Benthos

Proud Mer
Hmm....good point. That being the case, a straightforward approach works fine. I still prefer names that allude to, but not directly name the trait. Something like Vizzar Dragon-Tamer, or Soul-Of-Dragons.

All this talk makes me want to start an argonian character! lol :D I still have yet to play one on Skyrim.
Well, if we're going to say prior to know the main character is dragonborn, we can't even give them anything dragon related until AFTER you find out you're Dragonborn anyway since Alduin shows up at the beginning of the game, Helgen was his first target and according to the game that is the moment he shows up period is at Helgen if not just outside of it. So even if we're going to say it's given at birth or younger age, it can't be dragon related at all, lol
I'm glad you're getting interested with Argonians, they are a great character to use.
Skill bonuses
Sneak+5
They can breathe underwater naturally so you can sell whatever water breathing potion you find, they have a great resistance to diseases/poisons, I rarely had any trouble with either, I tried to get my Argonian inflicted with Vampirism and it just couldn't be done, I literally sat there and let the entire cave of vampires outside of Morthal wail on me for 20 minutes without fighting back and still couldn't be inflicted whereas ONE HIT while a Dunmer and he was inflicted, that's all it took. Histskin is not to be ignored either, think of Altmer and their Magic Regen ability, once a day you can regenerate Magicka so much faster but with Argonians, they regenerate Health 10 TIMES faster for a minute (that's terrific in a tight pinch). Probably one of the better abilities since everyone will face a challenge sooner or later when you're outnumbered.

They look cool too, you get more color variety than most races (if not the most), my prior PSN account which is long gone had my first character which was Argonian, he was all orange with a tan pattern, now on my current, he's black and red. Just add some dirt and complexion for more variety if you like it and their war paint and "hair" options are awesome. Horns or no horns, if so, what kind of horns, do you like spine like hair or no? Like with the Khajit, you can have sliver pupils, if I have to recommend a race, Argonian gets the top spot, then after that perhaps the Imperial which has the luck to finding more gold and jewelry. This means anything that COULD HAVE jewelry has a better chance of getting it as opposed to other races. I found a dozen necklaces, circlets, and rings just from Bleakfalls Barrow as an Imperial whereas the other races maybe found one necklace or ring and that was it. It's not just gold but anything of value.

It's my first Argonian character too! :D I am currently failing to defeat Krosis :p
Go get Barbas from Falkreath, the guard will approach you about a dog, go speak with the local blacksmith, he'll give you fresh meat, go back where you came from and go further down the road. The dog/Barbas will approach you and speak to you, agree to follow him, go to the cave, fight your way to the end (vampires - fire and whatever else you have that's strong will work), agree to have Barbas lead you to the Rueful Axe and he becomes an Essential follower, which means he can't die, he will also be added onto your party with your follower so total of 3, you, him, and your follower can take out Krosis. Barbas took Krosis out on his own on my last character file. He charges head first and bites, this distracts Krosis since Barbas does some good damage as he can't even be incapacitated either, he has taken down Dragons, Giants, and Dragon Priests on his own when following me.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Go get Barbas from Falkreath, the guard will approach you about a dog, go speak with the local blacksmith, he'll give you fresh meat, go back where you came from and go further down the road. The dog/Barbas will approach you and speak to you, agree to follow him, go to the cave, fight your way to the end (vampires - fire and whatever else you have that's strong will work), agree to have Barbas lead you to the Rueful Axe and he becomes an Essential follower, which means he can't die, he will also be added onto your party with your follower so total of 3, you, him, and your follower can take out Krosis. Barbas took Krosis out on his own on my last character file. He charges head first and bites, this distracts Krosis since Barbas does some good damage as he can't even be incapacitated either, he has taken down Dragons, Giants, and Dragon Priests on his own when following me.

Haha, I just defeated him. Level 6 with a Bound Sword, Minor Healing Potions, Healing spell, and Fus. Quite fun :D

Benthos

Proud Mer
Haha, I just defeated him. Level 6 with a Bound Sword, Minor Healing Potions, Healing spell, and Fus. Quite fun :D
Congratulations! I never had luck with spells or atronachs against him because he puts up his spell protection right away.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Congratulations! I never had luck with spells or atronachs against him because he puts up his spell protection right away.
I had a Novice Hood, and a Necklace of Minor Magicka, so I had a good supply, refreshing my Sword and Healing :D

EDIT: The fight took so long that his staff ran out of charge half way through... It gets worse after that though, he starts using Ice Spike XD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts