• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Alright I will work on a card, but I am not sure how active I can be with school. If you need extreme activity I may not really be able too

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    We just want enough activity to keep this alive. We've had a bad track record keeping these kingdom RPs afloat because cast members always disappear, so we'd like you guys to be able to stick around.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    I will do my best to be active every day! Might miss out one day now and then due to work tho.

Delusional

Alright, sounds good. Whatever you can do will be appreciated.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Full name: Joliefjell

Capital City: Markharth

Affiliated cities: Evermor, Dragonstar

Sigil: A deers skull with an axe and sword crossed underneath it.

Motto: United, Unbridled, Unwavering

Colors: Brown, orange, and green.

Government: Feudal Oligarchy

Head of State: Dormalc Gro-Megszel, High General for the Council of the Clans

Population Approximately: 35,000

Race: Mix of many races and cultures: Bretons mostly (Including Reachmen in this demographic), but high Nord and Redguard populations. A respected number of orcs as well

Religion: Open practicing. Aedra and Daedra are worshiped depending on the particular family. Old Gods forsworn traditions, Breton Nine divines, and Orcish worship of Malacath. Many keep to themselves in terms of worship.

History: With the collapse of the old order a mantra of “Only the strong survive” began to appear. The Forsworn took it upon themselves to take back the reach, burning with anger over the past their leader tempered their rage and assimilated most of the Nord’s who lived in Markarth. The only known family to be slaughtered was the Silver-Bloods and Igmund. They made sure to stay their blades from estranged kin and those who did not take up arms. The relations were strained for quite some time, but soon the two groups began to accept each other and gave each other proper space. As time went on they began to expand out of the Reach, finding that the mines were not as good as farmland if you couldn’t trade. They soon began scouting the mountains looking for more farmland to support their people. This led to taking lands that once belonged to Hammerfell and High Rock. As their people were slaves recently, The Forsworn looked for diplomatic means before turning to the sword. Their guerrilla warfare tore through what small traditional forces tried to take to the field with them. So the Barons they crossed were offered the choice to join, left with little options they were assimilated and trade routes were established. This was a far cry from the Hammerfell divisions, who caught in a bloody conflict had managed to cling their way to a standstill. Appealing to the Pride of the Redguard’s they were fighting they soon worked out an alliance that eventual dissolved into what was soon called the Pact of the Clans. Each group that saw itself as a unique group was able to send a representative, but the strongest of the military leaders would be selected as High General, the only true single leader in times of crisis. Rebuilding the broken ruins of their once great cities, each group is looking to expand. Their strength in their diversity, their diversity in strengths, Joliefjell stands on the principle “Doesn’t matter how you are strong, as long as you are.”

Relations and Diplomacy: Made up of people’s made strong by struggle, Joliefjell scouts and people have a “shoot first, seek forgiveness” later when it comes to other groups they come in contact with. Though they at least plan out their first shots, their natural aggression being of Nords, Forsworn, Orcs, Bretons can sometimes create problems. Though unafraid to fight, they are likely to offer negotiations to test the new contact that they have made. Though not necessarily paranoid (Unless they are off the Courts of High Rock) they never take it upon themselves to underestimate an opposing state. They are also open to hiring out their soldiers to other groups, be they nations or merchants needing caravan guards.

Government: The Council of Clans was built so each piece of the nation can get what they have in abundance to those who do not have. Leading to sometimes passive aggressive negotiations between the farmers and the miners, since no one wants to come out behind on a deal. The closest thing they have to a leader is the military commander as men is their most precious resource and the pragmatism of a General is often the most respected opinion. Having only three cities and many small outposts and villages means many people are autonomous. Their love or fear of their garrisons keeping them in line. Though governed as a nation by pragmatism, selfishness and greed is common the lower you go down the command line.

Cities, Lands, and Regions:
    standalone

Controlling mostly mountainous terrain, the three central hubs of Markarth, Evermor, and Dragonstar stand out as bastions of civilization among a pretty savage land. Roads and tunnels were built through the mountains to make traveling easier, but it is still a tough and dangerous land to go through. What bit of good farmland they can get is coveted, and naturally protected by the mountains.

Markarth, the de facto capital, is carved deep into the mountain side, believed to be built by the Dwemer it is a great fortress hidden within the mists. Mainly made up of Nords and Reachmen Markarth is where it all began. The phrase “Blood and silver are all that flows through Markarth” is still in use even with the Silver-Bloods being wiped out as a small Arena was built. The mix of Nordic and Forsworn culture is built on respect for the old ways.

Evermor is built and remains on the classical Breton ideals. Mostly populated by Bretons, Evermor is a city that oversees most of the farms of the Joliefjell. It is also the base for the espionage group, The Ravens. Its great granite palace stands as a beacon of immovable grandeur, which speaks to many Joliefjell as a symbol of their immovable nature. As time goes on, more influx of other cultures has been coming in meeting some resistance. Magic is still very much a part of life in Evermor, and it is noted to produce most of the Joliefjell’s battle mage candidates. As time went on Evermor Bretons cast off the classical thoughts of honor favoring the brutal pragmatism that the rest of the Joliefjell favor. They have no motto, because they don’t want to be identified.

Dragonstar, the city built on conflict between the Redguards of the west and the Nords of Skyrim in the East. When the Joliefjell came with some of their army being Nords the East joined with minor convincing. As raiding parties were sent to test the Western side, the Redguards retaliated and nearly struck a deathblow to both the East and the Joliefjell working with them. After five years of bloody conflict both sides began to find a deeper mutual respect and the peace treaty was offered. Both sides still operate as separate clans in the Council. Dragonstar serves as the gatekeeper to the south for the rest of the Joliefjell. And is more open to a peaceful relations. “We won’t strike first, but we will strike last” has become something of a motto for the city, mimicking the Markarthian saying “Blood and Silver is all that flows through Markarth.”

Military: The military might be the only truly unified aspect of the Joliefjell. All races Redguards, Nords, Bretons, Reachmen and Orcs can be found in the traditional army. Weapons are often passed down the family line, but each soldier is placed within the parameters of Infantry, Pike, Archer, and Mage groups based on talent. Each individual legion starts developing its own culture that brings the members of each race to see each other as brothers despite social feuds. Outside the traditional forces Reachmen, Nords, and Bretons have “Scout and Skirmish Squads” asymmetrical warriors who are built around harassing the enemy until the main army can crush the weakened forces.

Culture/ Demographics: The culture of the Joliefjell differs depending on which part you are in. Markarth has more Reachmen and Nord influence, Orc strongholds hold mostly to their traditions, Bretons have sprinklings of classical and new cultural influences. Dragonstar is mostly unchanged, except for a touch more Reachmen influence in the East. The culture is that of blood, even if you are not a soldier you are expected to know how to defend yourself. This is born of the dangers of the creatures within the mountains and plains, as well as bandits who didn’t realize whose lands they wandered into. Assimilation is common, Joliefjell look to take the best of whatever they find. Though this causes some tense conflicts, especially between cultures (Heavy or Light armor between Orcs and Nords for example). Since Orcs are the only real common Mer within their cities and lands, they have a heavy distrust for Elves. Classes can best be described as Ruling, Warrior, Farmer and craftsmen. There is little obvious poverty since the military is always recruiting. Be it for scouts or bandit/animal suppression. Their one cultural taboo is preaching. That is to say, they hate when people go out and scream their views as superior to another. This leads to many “feverously fanatical” religious clergy to be hanged or killed in the streets or wherever they may be preaching. Religion is considered private, and while you can openly show your religious views (Amulets and such) any dismissal or disrespect of another’s beliefs is considered quite the crime, as many of the Joliefjell are from peoples persecuted for their beliefs.

Factions: Each clan operates as a faction: Nords, Orcs, Reachmen, Hammerfell Nords, Redguards, and the Bretons. But asides from them there are the race spanning factions like the military.

The Raven- Spies and assassins trained within Evermor. They are who you find in the cities and villages, but not as acting soldiers. Based from a group of Scholastic monks, Information is their forte. But as they started being deployed as spies they soon found assassination tricks as well. Talons are the Assassins, beaks are the scholars, and Eyes are the spies. They are often referred to by base title, so the actual ranking system is nearly impossible to figure out by outsiders. The very top leaders are rumored to be Hagravens.

The Briarshearts- Something of a secret society that was forced into the limelight. The Briarhearts at first were the highest honor within Forsworn society for a warrior. Not quite living, not quite dead the Briarhearts soon became a key part of the Joliefjell operations. It soon came to be “Any true warriors or soldiers” could earn the blessing and fight again for the Joliefjell. They are the elite warriors, mages, and assassins. Though the family of the individual must consent. Mostly Reachmen, though other peoples are warming up to the idea since it is not truly necromancy.

Major Figures:

High General Dormalc Gro-Megszel is a powerful orc war shaman that soon began to rise through the ranks. Like most who rise to the rank of High General, Dormalc is brutally pragmatic taking the best option for the nation as a whole, and keeping personal thoughts out of the equation. He is a warrior not a politician, so he rarely takes part in the foolishness that the Council often descends into. But when he speaks his word is law.

Lord Dorian Slate is the leader of the Bretons of Evermor. He is a wily and ambitious man, but he knows he cannot progress any higher. A skilled mage, his true talents lie in his silver tongue. He is the most likely to act as a foreign ambassador. His left leg is crippled so he uses a cane.

Alistair the Indomitable, Leader of East Dragonstar is believed to be the next in line for the position of High General. His work in suppressing the bandits threatening the inner reach lead to him becoming a war hero. Unlike Dormalc he is not as humble and is prideful in his ability to lead. He still stands for pragmatism but is easier to manipulate. The more aggressive and violent “head” of the pair known as the “Two-Headed Dragon of the Mountain.”

Anansi or The Black Spider of White Sands, Once a leader of a rogue Alik’r band. Anansi soon found himself pitting his strength against the Joliefjell. Once he was captured he expected he would be put to death. Instead he was nursed back to health by a forsworn family in Markarth. He was soon utterly taken in by the culture. He soon found himself leading Joliefjell troops and rising through the ranks. Now a true believer in the Old Gods and the Joliefjell he represents those in Markarth, Nord and Reachmen.

Julius Sendu is the leader of West Dragonstar. He is one of the top generals for the Joliefjell, and a very hard man to negotiate with. He is also believed to be the next possible choice for High General. Unlike Alistair who is more offensively minded, Julius is the perfect defensive commander. Hordes of Goblins and bandits have broken against his walls. He stands as the calm head of “The Two Headed Dragon of the Mountain.”

Callorc Gro-Megszel is the High Generals younger brother, who always looked up to his older brother. Leader of the Orc Strongholds Callorc is cautious and subservient to his brother. He likes the quieter life that exists for most orcs which puts him at odds with some of his more bloodthirsty kin. As there is no current war, Callorc points them to the arenas of Dragonstar and Markarth, saying they can “earn honor, glory, and coin there.”

Delusional

Skies, I have a few questions and comments for you to muse over about your kingdom.

So, your kingdom is composed of a amalgam of different races, all, or most, of them are warlike in nature. I would imagine that sort of demographic makeup would incite some sort of unrest between races, at the very least. It sounds as if your kingdom is very disjointed, with many different beliefs and culture, and that's absolutely fine, and in fact I like that, as the kingdom hasn't developed enough to assimilate all these separate identities into one cohesive kingdom, but like I said, I would imagine that sort of extreme diversity coupled with a generally warlike nature would inevitably lead to some sort of inner, domestic conflict between factions or races. Also, you describe some sort of class system in place, usually some sort of stratification leading to unrest or class warfare takes place under a class system.

The main issue I'm seeing is such a divided kingdom, between classes and race, but there's very little in regards to interaction between these divided factions, which would inevitably lead to conflict and unrest, due to the diverse and warlike nature of your kingdom's inhabitants. You could unify your kingdom more, or introduce elements of domestic strife between conflicting groups or factions within the nation, which would provide a very prevalent issue to focus on in the early stages of the RP.

Also, I have updated my KC some, and may continue updating it. I'll just keep the updated version in my blog to avoid posting it again or requiring flipping back to the first page of this OOC.

Here it is.

And finally, OP, I was reading through this OOC from the start, and we had some good stuff before this dropped off. Ponder had some really neat ideas for Elsweyr, plus his unique religious colony in High Rock. Too bad we only got 3 posts into the IC before it died...

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I would say the main outlet for the violence is the arenas and wilderness. The class system was kinda thrown in thought it is mostly a Meritocracy. Where people change class or participate in multiple levels. Most all of the Leaders are military connected, and there are enough beasts and monsters that most of the outrage is almost easy to fix. Especially since at this time you are saying they are moving to expand.That would ease some tension.

But also the main unified culture is very social Darwinist. If that fanatical preacher could fight off his assailants that would earn him more followers. So it is being worked in and under consideration.

Delusional

Yeah, but that's still completely ignoring the diverse nature of your kingdom. You even go into detail in your KC about how each separate city and region is, with different races and cultural aspects. And even with some unifying beliefs, kingdoms are still young and I would imagine so many diverse beliefs and races wouldn't be completely unified yet as an entire kingdom. And while I understand there's the wilderness and arenas, that wouldn't completely eliminate tension between races. There will always be tension between races, and it's amplified by such a diverse population and their inherently warlike nature. It's a huge aspect of a kingdom's or political entity's domestic agenda, especially with a population makeup similar to you'd, with so many wildly different groups, and a prominent social issue even in today's world, and it would be almost silly to completely ignore it. Tension will exist no matter what, and groups will always disagree, even if there's some outlet to "cure their outrage", as you put it.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I agree with Del, but I suggest you consider it a strength; your kingdom is young and still fractious, but that gives you the opportunity to tell the story of how your kingdom grew up and was unified.

Edit: and totally, Ponder left us with good stuff, which I don't think he'd mind if we used.

Delusional

Yeah, that's what I was attempting to say. It's a weakness, but it gives you a prevalent issue within your kingdom and allows you to describe how they overcame it, and gives you something to focus on in the beginning stages of the RP, before our kingdoms start exploring more and discovering each other.

Delusional

Complete revamp, huh? I'm looking forward to it. I'm gonna keep tweaking and adding things to Azar Harif, after reading back in the OOC I kinda want to start exploring languages and toy around with my own, something that will intertwine with all of the other aspects of Azar Harif and the desert I plan to incorporate throughout the RP.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Not necessarily complete. I'll still have some commonalities and themes from before, plus I am sticking with something similar to the concept of Casp'baro, but it should be much more well thought out.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I'm going to touch up on Valora, but I'm looking to keep things simple for now and save room for most of the development later on. I still have the old kingdom card from my blog, and I'm doing some minor changes atm.

Skies, because our kingdoms would be sharing borders (with Valora encompassing the majority of Skyrim's central plains/tundra region) I can imagine there'd be tension between the two due to your people's temerity and desire to expand, and the Valoran people's stubbornness and sense of pride. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    So I see you're doing a reboot and while I never had the time to hand in my KC at the start, things have calmed down.
    Remind me, what lands are left?

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    There is however, a tiny piece of Bog and dense jungle that would suit my darkly purposes.

Delusional

Summerset Isles are available, Valenwood and possibly Elsweyr are available, and Black Marsh is open, however Black Marsh will likely be kept open, unless your kingdom can adequately explore the unique lore and area.

Kim, where is your kingdom located?

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Thought Summerset isles was Irish's land, and Specter might show up for Valenwood at anytime.

That's all I want anyway, and I'm definitely not using Argonians.

Attachments

• ArgonissssaMap1.jpg
      ArgonissssaMap1.jpg
      288.2 KB · Views: 6

Delusional

We're re-recruiting. If Irish or Specter don't show up and claim their kingdoms again, then they're out and the land is open again. We're trying to purge inactivity so this doesn't keep dying.