Any Distractions while playing?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jewels

POTATO
By this I mean..
Do you have any little siblings who just sit down beside you and watch you play? Or cousins? If so, do they beg to play and ask "What's that?" While pointing at a dragon? Do they ever say they want to be just like you when they play Skyrim?
I do! Three little brothers (I'll have an extra in January) are always bugging me about Skyrim, telling me to pick up a bucket and cries when I don't. They comment on my daedric armor, and they think it's hilarious when I depacitate someone. (Idk how to spell it!) They love Cicero's songs, and they are scared of Serana. Once they actually sang one of Cicero's songs at daycare/school, and boy, did they get in trouble!

So what about you? ;)

Kame43

I have my younger cousin Becca that lives with us. Two dogs as well, ugh.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Life in general.

Generalisation aside, not really. If Im playing a +16 or higher game & my younger brother comes in I generally change the game.
That being said, once he asked if he could make a character, so I let him, on the grounds that he wouldent repeat anything rude he'd hear in-game. I didnt have any involvment in the character creation, just in decinding that it was a male Orc. After the opening Helgen sequence he told he to leave him to it (had been giving him instructions). Went to the shops a few minutes later, was only gone for ten minutes.
Came back to him crying in fear as a giant ground-pounded him.
Resolved not to let my poor young brother play again, & he never asked to, but for no reason I just kept the character around. Still play on him from time to time.
And that ladies & gentlemen, was the template of my RP character, Shorkul.:eek:

Jewels

POTATO
Life in general.

Generalisation aside, not really. If Im playing a +16 or higher game & my younger brother comes in I generally change the game.
That being said, once he asked if he could make a character, so I let him, on the grounds that he wouldent repeat anything rude he'd hear in-game. I didnt have any involvment in the character creation, just in decinding that it was a male Orc. After the opening Helgen sequence he told he to leave him to it (had been giving him instructions). Went to the shops a few minutes later, was only gone for ten minutes.
Came back to him crying in fear as a giant ground-pounded him.
Resolved not to let my poor young brother play again, & he never asked to, but for no reason I just kept the character around. Still play on him from time to time.
And that ladies & gentlemen, was the template of my RP character, Shorkul.:eek:
Lol! My little brothers' favorite character is Cicero, and while I went to make myself some coffee, they got on and started crying because they accidentally hurt Cicero and they felt bad.
Lol, kids take stuff way to seriously. When will they learn that Cicero doesn't exist? *sigh*

Rhew

The missing snow elf
I generally have my cats who will jump on top of my computer desk from time to time, and decide that they will lay down or sit near the monitor.

My cat LOVES to bring up the console command and put in nonsense commands. :p

Rhew

The missing snow elf
I generally have my cats who will jump on top of my computer desk from time to time, and decide that they will lay down or sit near the monitor.

Any useful ones? :)

I wish! Sometimes I'll be in the middle of writing a command

player.setav casjfshbsduifbsebsj

command not found

o_O

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Usually my phone is a distraction, but most of the time my cat gets in the way :D They're so picky about where they sit and he loves to get between me and my controller. :D

My iPhone, for one. I usually - not always but sometimes - am looking up a walkthrough on the iPhone in one hand and playing Skyrim with the other. Sometimes if I get stuck in a quest I'll pause the game and look it up on Google or YouTube. Or you know, the typical phone call or text comes in. Also, my pets. I have two dogs, a pure bred Pomeranian and a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix, and a white Lynx cat, so three pets total. I live in an RV so of course it gets crowded and when it does, the animals all like to pile on my bed and beg for attention. The cat likes to do that head-butt thing cats do - you know where they butt their head into your hand for attention - and nine times out of ten it's the hand that's using the controller. The dogs like laying across the controller so I'm forced to give them attention. It's adorable but annoying sometimes. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jewels

POTATO
My iPhone, for one. I usually - not always but sometimes - am looking up a walkthrough on the iPhone in one hand and playing Skyrim with the other. Sometimes if I get stuck in a quest I'll pause the game and look it up on Google or YouTube. Or you know, the typical phone call or text comes in. Also, my pets. I have two dogs, a pure bred Pomeranian and a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix, and a white Lynx cat, so three pets total. I live in an RV so of course it gets crowded and when it does, the animals all like to pile on my bed and beg for attention. The cat likes to do that head-butt thing cats do - you know where they butt their head into your hand for attention - and nine times out of ten it's the hand that's using the controller. The dogs like laying across the controller so I'm forced to give them attention. It's adorable but annoying sometimes. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreeable, my fellow! I don't have any inside pets, but I used to have a parakeet that liked to get on my shoulder and once she started pecking at the buttons on my controller. Birds are smart!!

Stalker

I'm always distracted by other games. "Maybe I shouldn't be wasting my time with this when I can be playing this". I also tend to read and watch videos about games more than I play anymore. Which is sad.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Any useful ones? :)
setPlayerRace Khajiit

My cat generally demands the use of my lap at some point during my game time. He jumps up and then stares at me waiting for me to scratch his head. When he gets nothing (since I am occupied) he leaps from my lap to the back of the couch. I expect he does this because it messes with my aim. . .

My older son tends to ask me to run full tilt into villagers to stumble them. He also tells me to attack everyone I see (usually because I avoid violence and do buying/selling/quest gathering while he is watching).

Lucid

Most of the time I just have regular life distractions. Phone, door, dogs need fed or are barking and need reigned in.

But my biggest distraction is my partner, who is also a big Skyrim player. I try to only play when I'm alone, or face a never ending commentary:
"Why don't you....", "You should...", "There's one behind you", "Where is...", "Have you...", and my least favoured - "You're almost dead"

Makes me crazy

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Most of the time I just have regular life distractions. Phone, door, dogs need fed or are barking and need reigned in.

But my biggest distraction is my partner, who is also a big Skyrim player. I try to only play when I'm alone, or face a never ending commentary:
"Why don't you....", "You should...", "There's one behind you", "Where is...", "Have you...", and my least favoured - "You're almost dead"

Makes me crazy
Try the criticisms: "Did you really have to kill him/her?", "What's with all the talking", "Why can't you kill that brat (Braithe)", and on and on and on.

It's gotten to the point where, once my partner walks in the room I will even turn SR off rather than keep playing just to keep the peace.

At least if I turn on Dragon Age, he can watch the characters have sex and that always shuts him up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts