It took me 2000 hours to realize...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Bulldog

ha, yeah, but my spiders just beat Ahzidal. So there must be something about animals we don't realize. Maybe I should use that animal allegiance shout for once.

When I play as a Wood Elf and am relatively low leveled and stumble upon a giants camp with mammoths, I know I am going to struggle, so I will use the command animal power. The mammoths attack the giants, giants kill the mammoths while losing some health. Then I kill the giants. Then reap the rewards of all the loot they are carrying plus the chest or chests that are around.

After a point it becomes pretty useless though. At least in my opinion.

AS88

Staff member

Bulldog

I like Arvak better though. Nothing like trying to sneak up on a bandit and having Shadowmere run up and try to fight him then you get spotted. I like being able to conjure up a horse whenever I want. Plus IMO Arvak looks better.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Shadowmere is too cool to be one or the other :cool:

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion

Benthos

Proud Mer
Horses allow you to fast travel even if you're over-encumbered, the best feature about them, they also help you fight, if it weren't for my Khajiit's horse in helping me fight off conjurors and mages at Fort Kastav, I surely would've died. He sacrificed himself and I was able to take out the last big threat there (especially at a low level with extremely limited supplies, to see a Frost Atronach charging at you is certainly a shock). The worst is when my horse fell to his death at a drop that would've only hurt you but not too badly. I was annoyed but also surprised to see the horse collapsing underneath me as we made a simple jump, must've been beaten around too much from previous encounters and unable to rest.
I like horses, other than the fact that as soon as I reach a gallop a bear or wolves appear. Now, the Oblivion horses... those were worthless.
When I first played Oblivion, I wanted to buy a horse, I went inside the stables and talked to the guy about buying one, I didn't actually purchase one (I may have spoken to the wrong guy) and thought he wanted me to go outside and pick my horse. So I did so only to be branded a thief, I hopped off yelling out "NO NO! I didn't want to STEAL it, look, I'm off, it's okay!" but the guards came and I went ahead and took the horse anyway (why chance dying and why not just go ahead and take it since they want to kill me for 'stealing it'), I eventually got away but couldn't return to the city without dying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts