• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bulldog

So by now I am sure everyone has that one play style that they absolutely love and 9 times out of 10 will revert to that style of play. So there must be something you do or some piece of equipoment you try to get as soon as possible to have for when you are playing.

For me my go to play style has always been sneak and archery. Here lately when I make a new archer I find myself going and getting the Zephyr bow right off the bat. A friend of mine like 2 handed and heavy armor. So for him he will try to level up as fast as possible to get the Ebony Blade and the Ebony Chain Mail. His brother loves being a pure mage so right off the bat he is working on getting the arch mage robes.

So let's here it. What play style do you normally revert to, and what piece of equipment do you try to get as fast as you possibly can

TheNatural

I love my sneak archery types as well.

Since I don't really like the Dragonborn portion of the game as much as others, I usually go there relatively early, this time at around level 30 (I dawdled and explored this time, did a few of the Main quests to get full Unrelenting Force, started the thieves guild, and did a few Interesting NPCs quests), and go get the Dwarven Black Bow of fate. The absorb Features on that thing are ridiculous, and once you get Quick Shot, every other shot is likely to equate to drinking a Minor Health potion. It's saved my butt on a few occasions, like when I ran into my first Elder Dragon!

When I'm going the super stealth/solo style, I love getting the nightingale armor, even compared to armor mods and stuff, that armor is just really f-ing cool. It just screams, "Kill from the the Shadows" or rather.... whispers it.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
No matter how hard I try, no matter what play style I try to adapt to, I always revert to Sneaky. Either Sneaky vampire, archer, hunter. Hell, even warrior (out of character, but it helps me get the upper hand). So, Sneaky rules all. :)

However, I do love storming on to the battlefield (caves and forts mainly) and going all Dragonborn on my foes every now and then.

Wippii

Bookworm
There is nothing I go for immediately/soon after starting a new character.

I simply use what I find/make/want; heavy or light, 1-H or 2-H. The only things that are consistent are archery (there's no way I would be able to fight dragons without archery) and no magic. So I guess you could say I always play a warrior of some kind. Never a thief, let alone an assassin. I enjoy being an honourable Nord, and that is what I play 99.99% of the time. The remaining 0.01% is just messing around.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
There is nothing I go for immediately/soon after starting a new character.

I simply use what I find/make/want; heavy or light, 1-H or 2-H. The only things that are consistent are archery (there's no way I would be able to fight dragons without archery) and no magic. So I guess you could say I always play a warrior of some kind. Never a thief, let alone an assassin. I enjoy being an honourable Nord, and that is what I play 99.99% of the time. The remaining 0.01% is just messing around.
I know right!
Could never really stick with one archetype. More often than not my chars end up as Stealthy Spellswords. It's really hard for me, whenever I get a new weapon of any type & test it sucessfully I just become inseperable with it. Then when I get bored of [Weapon] (for example, when Its a staff/enchanted, I cant find any Soul gems lying around, & I'm too cheap to buy more) it just becomes clutter in my house.
Well, at least I'll be prepared for home invasions!:D

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Yep I always seem to revert to sneak. Even my warriors decked out in heavy armor learn how to sneak properly. It just seems like the intelligent and logical thing to do.... Running into a room swinging your blade full of draugr.... or sneak to the entrance and count how many enemies you have, develop a plan on who to kill first, get that sneak attack bonus, etc... sneaking just seems like a better idea.

Archery is also my favorite. I love picking off a room full of draugr before they even know what's coming.

As far as what armor or weapons I go after.... I always end up making my own. My own enchantments are far better than any I will find in the game. So I normally end up just finding a bow with soul trap and get azura's star to start upping my enchanting. For armor, I find that the DB armor comes in handy with the muffle bonus and extra bow damage. I hang on to these until I can just make my own.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Generally no matter how I start the character's archetype I tend to develop all my characters into a sort of all around type of character. They use swords, axes, bows and even destruction magic.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I typically play heavy armored warriors. I would say the first thing I go for is a nice set of Banded Iron Armor. Once I get that, I quest for a bit, but I'm always working on bumping my smithing up high enough to get Orcish smithing. I don't like Steel Armor or Dwarven Armor and I always play with a rule that I can't wear armor I pick up off a body or from a chest because it's not in my size. It helps that after Ancient Nord Armor, Banded Iron Armor is probably my favorite looking.

So, the Banded Iron Armor ends up being the armor I wear the longest and get the first. Usually before I do Bleak Falls Barrow or anything.

JoeReese

I do love the sneaky archers (read: sniper) types, but I always seem to revert to one-handed/conjuration. It would be destruction, if it didn't suck dust so badly.

Bulldog

I understand wanting to make your own equipment. So you don't go out of your way to get something rather quickly until you can make something? I completely understand making better enchantments than what you find in the game already made. When I do bother with enchanting I go out of my way to hit all the merchants trying to find that piece of equipment that has sneak or archery on it.

For me with the Zephyr, trust me I would kill to be able to disenchant that, however, early stages when everything is long bow, hunting or Imperial the Zephyr is nice to have. Sometimes you don't notice, but there are other times that 30+ draw speed comes in hand. Add that with the perk. Another example is if I decide I am going to make a werewolf character, my goal is to get the ring of hircine as soon as possible.

TheNatural

Yep I always seem to revert to sneak. Even my warriors decked out in heavy armor learn how to sneak properly. It just seems like the intelligent and logical thing to do.... Running into a room swinging your blade full of draugr.... or sneak to the entrance and count how many enemies you have, develop a plan on who to kill first, get that sneak attack bonus, etc... sneaking just seems like a better idea.

Archery is also my favorite. I love picking off a room full of draugr before they even know what's coming.

As far as what armor or weapons I go after.... I always end up making my own. My own enchantments are far better than any I will find in the game. So I normally end up just finding a bow with soul trap and get azura's star to start upping my enchanting. For armor, I find that the DB armor comes in handy with the muffle bonus and extra bow damage. I hang on to these until I can just make my own.

Sneak is also just plain OP during tough encounters with multiple bad guys. Starting off with a sneak attack then sending another arrow to the other side of the room to draw the attention of the entire group is awesome. I can usually re-stealth 2 or 3 times until they become wise to my shenanigans. I also love sniping a guy, then firing an arrow up a set of stairs or something, and watch them all scramble up there to see what's going on.

Not to mention, once sneak is up there in level, getting the x15 damage perk is deadly, with the DB armor, or something similar, I usually tell my follower to wait in another room and just to in and pick them off one by one. I kinda like doing the sneaky dagger thing on tough difficulty as well, because if you get caught, you're probably going to be in trouble.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I like to make about 40 iron daggers, put enchantments on all of them using small soul gems, and then go around selling them. Just thought I'd mention than, even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Sorry, carry on.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
As weird as this sounds, I love being both heavily armored and sneaky, and I too go for the archery vibe most of the time. So since I like both heavy armor, sneak, and archery, I usually do the Dawnguard so I can get access to the cooler crossbows and eventually get the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow (my favorite <3 ) and at the same time, I join the Thieves Guild to work on my sneak and I start leveling blacksmithing and getting heavy armor perks. Then I can be a heavily armored stealth archer in no time :D

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Na, I couldent get into them either. I remember the first time I tried to kill a dragon with one.

"Wait, you reload AFTER the shot!"

Must've said that about a dozen time throughout the fight. Eventually gave up so my follower could use it.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I do like them both, but I use the crossbow because it has more power than the regular bow, and it definitely is better for mid-range combat, though I do use the regular bow for very long shots.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I like to make about 40 iron daggers, put enchantments on all of them using small soul gems, and then go around selling them. Just thought I'd mention than, even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Sorry, carry on.
40? Try 400. I always end up with so many I have to distribute them just so I can use storage. Sheesh. Where on Nirn am I going to sell 2400 800GP banish daggers. Maybe I should just give them away as gifts or leave them on the bodies of my victims. Sheesh.

Kame43

I tend to play as a ravager-type class; dual blades, restoration, and a bit of archery is a fun way to play. Combined with some enchantment and smithing on the side and you have awesome.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts